WESTS Tigers Team V Cowboys...

Tiger In The Gong

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Cowboys...

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 19 May, 2015 6:38 pm

Eddie wrote:I A cold night at Ctown watching plodders do 5 hits up and a bomb.

Best comment!

Russell
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 120 times

Unread post by Russell » Tue 19 May, 2015 7:15 pm

Eddie wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Imo, JT is going with his most experienced side he has available to him at this point....now is not the time to be blooding rookies....when we start doing the math and finals are impossible - thats when rookies should be blooded...dunno what else people expected.
That old chestnut hey,

Worked in the past sticking with all the experience mid season. There is hardly any accountability at this club over a period of time. I agree there is hardly anything in the cup board and Taylor is not blessed with options.

However it annoys me when people use it to say we should not make changes just because there is not much else there. it creates a culture of mediocrity and just plain indifference.

"experience" is an over used word. Unless you say experience at playing dud football for long periods, some of our senior players are champions at that.

Chris Lawrence and co have benefitted from this attitude for years. If we dumped him out are we missing out on? We can hardly be any worse.
Hey! Mr Negativity - you could do a lot worse than Rowdy, believe me.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 194 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Tue 19 May, 2015 7:22 pm

Eddie wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Imo, JT is going with his most experienced side he has available to him at this point....now is not the time to be blooding rookies....when we start doing the math and finals are impossible - thats when rookies should be blooded...dunno what else people expected.
That old chestnut hey,

Worked in the past sticking with all the experience mid season. There is hardly any accountability at this club over a period of time. I agree there is hardly anything in the cup board and Taylor is not blessed with options.

However it annoys me when people use it to say we should not make changes just because there is not much else there. it creates a culture of mediocrity and just plain indifference.

"experience" is an over used word. Unless you say experience at playing dud football for long periods, some of our senior players are champions at that.

Chris Lawrence and co have benefitted from this attitude for years. If we dumped him out are we missing out on? We can hardly be any worse.
You recruit, you cut, you create your squad for the season and that is what you work with.
No coach in his right mind makes unforced changes unless absolutely necessary....its how things work.
Im not sure its the players we have thats the problem...yeh our roster could be a helluva lot better, but we are still paying for previous seasons and admins in this regard....imo our main problem is attitude and game plan....we havent turned up the last two outings and our game plan is focussing on completions and defence at the expense of attack....I sorta see why but its hard to watch and not at all entertaining...but I can see a method to the madness

larrycorowa
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by larrycorowa » Tue 19 May, 2015 7:33 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
Eddie wrote:I A cold night at Ctown watching plodders do 5 hits up and a bomb.

Best comment!
Losing is boring....we will win on Sat night

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Tue 19 May, 2015 7:45 pm

Reading these comments, who did people expect to play?

Buchannen came in for woods seemed obvious.

Halatau to start at hooker, this seemed likely

and one Santi, Hoeter or Luani to come into the side with Taylor not decided on final make up of the side.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Tue 19 May, 2015 8:08 pm

I can smell blood. State of origin is really going to be testing for us.No depth.

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Tue 19 May, 2015 8:09 pm

Eddie wrote:
That old chestnut hey,

This side has a-lot more "experience" than is being credited for,.,,they have heaps of "experience" in handling a loss...its time they gained some winning "experience"

cunno

Unread post by cunno » Tue 19 May, 2015 9:10 pm

Looking at that bench shows where our depth is at. After Jesse it is a drop to Ava then a slide from there on.

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Tue 19 May, 2015 9:27 pm

The only person I would have liked to come in would be Cherrington, but yes, as others have said...........what is everyone expecting?

I think there are some unrealistic expectations going on.............at least we aren't getting smashed week in week out.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Defiant » Tue 19 May, 2015 10:26 pm

We have no excuse, NQL are far more affected then us by origin.

Expect Hoeter to centre and Lawrence to bench.

Looking forward to the half's taking control and hopefully getting some clean ball from dummy half.

I was really sceptical about Halatau early on but he's playing 05 form, plus wiser.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 227 times
Been liked: 347 times

Unread post by Geo. » Tue 19 May, 2015 10:43 pm

If we are fair dinkum about rewarding State Cup form then Luani deserves a call up...he has been one of the best most consistent performers...

Cherrington's time will come....

Have a feeling Lawrence won't play...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

phil1986
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by phil1986 » Tue 19 May, 2015 11:28 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb here. Expect the halves to do better with no Farah around.

Don't shoot me down yet. Let's see how Saturday turns out!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by innsaneink » Wed 20 May, 2015 7:42 am

Eddie wrote:Its a really abject side. A good state cup side would beat it. However it was always a dud roster so those calling for changes I think there is nothing to bring in. Were just in really poor shape and the hype was based on fairytales and nothing more

If we score more then 12 points I will be amazed with that side. A cold night at Ctown watching plodders do 5 hits up and a bomb.

Should be good fun. As my mate said a trip to the dentist would be more fun then watching the Tigers.
Got the excuses.going already I see.
Would be a different story if it were a sunny Sunday arvo at Leigh hard no doubt.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by innsaneink » Wed 20 May, 2015 7:44 am

phil1986 wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb here. Expect the halves to do better with no Farah around.

It's not that left of Centre Phil. ..A bit more freedom...more responsibility. ...unless they stick solid to JTs plans

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Wed 20 May, 2015 8:38 am

innsaneink wrote:imo our main problem is attitude and game plan....we havent turned up the last two outings and our game plan is focussing on completions and defence at the expense of attack....I sorta see why but its hard to watch and not at all entertaining...but I can see a method to the madness
I agree with the first part of your comment in that I think our game plan and attitude at the moment is poor. I don't see though any method to the madness at this point.

You need to defend well, you need to play disciplined footy but you also need to score points. I think that we are getting all facets wrong at this point.

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Wed 20 May, 2015 9:26 am

This morning's news on the radio is that Michael Morgan is very unlikely to play for Cowboys on Saturday. He is joining the Maroons at training as a likely replacement for Cherry-Evans.

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Wed 20 May, 2015 9:36 am

Morgan called in as Cherry-Evans cover
Tue 19 May, 2015, 9:00pm
By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent, NRL.com

Cowboys five-eighth Michael Morgan has been called into the Maroons camp for Game One of the Holden State of Origin Series as speculation mounts that Daly Cherry-Evans will have to withdraw due to a shoulder injury sustained against the Panthers on Monday night.

Having had scans on his shoulder on Tuesday morning Cherry-Evans was en route to Brisbane when the Queensland team was announced on Tuesday afternoon before joining up with the squad for their first training run at the Queensland Academy of Sport on Tuesday afternoon.

Cherry-Evans took no part in the session, instead engaging in deep discussions with coach Mal Meninga and the Maroons' medical staff as to the extent of the injury.

While some reports surfaced suggesting that Cherry-Evans had been ruled out, the Queensland Rugby League said that a decision would not be made until Tuesday as they confirmed Morgan would be joining the camp.

Basil Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Basil Tiger » Wed 20 May, 2015 9:52 am

phil1986 wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb here. Expect the halves to do better with no Farah around.

I agree,esp.longterm,Robbie has to slowly ease himself out of a lot of plays and should be used as a decoy more as rival clubs all have Forwards assigned to put him out of business.My 2c.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

Return to “Round 11: Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys”