•  Recent Topics
Nickzf20

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Cowboys...

Post by Nickzf20 » Tue 19 May, 2015 5:42 pm

Eddie wrote:
Nickzf20 wrote:
SCOB wrote:Who is captain?
Halatau is captaining.
No offence to Dene because he is a good clubman, a good bloke and gives his best each week.

But gee whiz having him in line for captaincy in 2015 speaks volumes about our plight.

We will very close to the spoon this year once the injuries and grind really kick in.
Yeah I agree, but we don't really have anyone more experienced to captain other than patty.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 19 May, 2015 5:45 pm

Imo, JT is going with his most experienced side he has available to him at this point....now is not the time to be blooding rookies....when we start doing the math and finals are impossible - thats when rookies should be blooded...dunno what else people expected.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Tue 19 May, 2015 5:49 pm

Good young team with a blend of experience. Expecting a good performance hopefully in front of a strong parochial crowd.

rex2ce

Post by rex2ce » Tue 19 May, 2015 5:57 pm

Bought a membership this year, first time, for self and wife, won't be rushing in to spend the big bucks next year, the inflexible coach will still be here, who'd want to pay to see that again

Bob

Post by Bob » Tue 19 May, 2015 6:03 pm

I'd imagine final team

1 James Tedesco
2 Kevin Naiqama
3 David Nofoaluma
17 Delouise Hoeter
5 Pat Richards
6 Mitch Moses
7 Luke Brooks
8 Matthew Lodge
9 Dene Halatau
10 Keith Galloway
11 Curtis Sironen
12 Kyle Lovett
13 Martin Taupau

Interchange
14 Ava Seumanufagai
15 Jack Buchanan
16 Sauaso Sue
4 Chris Lawrence

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 19 May, 2015 6:05 pm

Plodderville it is very sad watching this club disintegrate to where it is today.... as stated previously one of the top reserve grade sides would towel this lot up. A promise to the grand kids to the game otherwise Foxtel would of been the go...there is hope it might rain :pray:

willow

Post by willow » Tue 19 May, 2015 6:05 pm

Seriously, what side did people expect Taylor to name? Ink is right, Taylor has gone with experience where possible. Yeah, we may get beaten but hey, the team may just surprise us and click into gear. I'm confident they won't throw in the towel though. No point whingeing about it, get out there and support them if you can, or support them on here.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Tue 19 May, 2015 6:05 pm

Nickzf20 wrote:Buchanan, really? Surely we have a forward better than him.
We do

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Tue 19 May, 2015 6:06 pm

innsaneink wrote:Imo, JT is going with his most experienced side he has available to him at this point....now is not the time to be blooding rookies....when we start doing the math and finals are impossible - thats when rookies should be blooded...dunno what else people expected.
That old chestnut hey,

Worked in the past sticking with all the experience mid season. There is hardly any accountability at this club over a period of time. I agree there is hardly anything in the cup board and Taylor is not blessed with options.

However it annoys me when people use it to say we should not make changes just because there is not much else there. it creates a culture of mediocrity and just plain indifference.

"experience" is an over used word. Unless you say experience at playing dud football for long periods, some of our senior players are champions at that.

Chris Lawrence and co have benefitted from this attitude for years. If we dumped him out are we missing out on? We can hardly be any worse.
Last edited by Eddie on Tue 19 May, 2015 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 19 May, 2015 6:06 pm

Hahaha 2 players missing and we are a mid table reggies team now

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 19 May, 2015 6:12 pm

Bob wrote:I'd imagine final team

1 James Tedesco
2 Kevin Naiqama
3 David Nofoaluma
17 Delouise Hoeter
5 Pat Richards
6 Mitch Moses
7 Luke Brooks
8 Matthew Lodge
9 Dene Halatau
10 Keith Galloway
11 Curtis Sironen
12 Kyle Lovett
13 Martin Taupau

Interchange
14 Ava Seumanufagai
15 Jack Buchanan
16 Sauaso Sue
4 Chris Lawrence
Agree with this Bob.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Tue 19 May, 2015 6:15 pm

willow wrote:Seriously, what side did people expect Taylor to name? Ink is right, Taylor has gone with experience where possible. Yeah, we may get beaten but hey, the team may just surprise us and click into gear. I'm confident they won't throw in the towel though. No point whingeing about it, get out there and support them if you can, or support them on here.
Your right there is no point whinging about i because nothing ever changes. We should just get out there and support them blindly like usual.

The clubs needs to be held to account somewhat. After the punters started venting their frustrations in 2008 they started signing marquee players in Tuqiri and Ellis.

Since then they have gone back into the comfort zone and staring at another 4-5 year streak with no finals football. Mediocrity is good enough for this club and seemingly many of its fans.

16 years and 3 finals appearances,

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Tue 19 May, 2015 6:15 pm

This club is in a sorry state and I think it all revolves around its acute shortage of cash and therefore a much less competitive team.

Taylor's catchword is "youth" so why not give another untried young centre from State Cup a chance? After all Taylor is giving his young halves combination every possible chance. Our forwards have to be strengthened and this would be done by utilising selecting Lawrence in the second row.
Last edited by Newtown on Tue 19 May, 2015 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ngapuhi for life

Post by Ngapuhi for life » Tue 19 May, 2015 6:18 pm

Would of chosen cherrington and drinkwater over Luani and hoeta
Sorry JT your off my Xmas list

Milky

Post by Milky » Tue 19 May, 2015 6:22 pm

wtf is this crap, is taylor serious about winning?

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Tue 19 May, 2015 6:33 pm

Milky wrote:wtf is this crap, is taylor serious about winning?

Maybe he has been too busy preparing his media statement which he will present after the game on Saturday. It starts with "Even though the opposition put in big points against us in our defeat I was very happy with the way our boys played. They have a lot to learn but the good thing is that I have found the areas which need improvement and we will be working on those areas at training over the next two weeks. If you have any more questions could you please refer them to the captain Dene Halatau."

PrattenParkMagpie

Post by PrattenParkMagpie » Tue 19 May, 2015 6:33 pm

Ngapuhi for life wrote:Would of chosen cherrington and drinkwater over Luani and hoeta
Sorry JT your off my Xmas list
Seriously, Drinkwater for Hoeter, now that would have been a Sheenius idea.
Bring back Dr Pepper and Hazelnut Rolls

Don’t you ever let a chance go by, O Claws, don’t you ever let a chance go by....

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 19 May, 2015 6:37 pm

Expect changes