Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 395 times

Wests Tigers call on Campbelltown faithful

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 20 May, 2015 1:53 pm

Tigers call on Campbelltown faithful

Wed 20 May, 2015, 11:31am
By Jack Brady, National Correspondent, NRL.com

Wests Tigers duo Luke Brooks and Keith Galloway have called on fans to show their support at Campbelltown Stadium on Saturday night when they take on the high-flying North Queensland Cowboys.

In what will only be the Tigers' fourth home game of the season – and their second at Campbelltown after 11,837 fans turned up to watch them destroy the Dragons in Round 2 – the club will put on a host of game day activities to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of their 2005 Grand Final victory.

Highlighted by a lap of honour at half-time by members of the premiership-winning squad, other significant activities on the night include a live band, Kids Zone, fireworks, take-to-the-turf and a post-match function at Wests Campbelltown.

"We haven't had many home games this season so we have a few coming up and it will be really good to get a crowd out at Campbelltown on Saturday so hopefully the fans can come out and support us," Brooks told NRL.com

"It's always good playing at our suburban home grounds because you can feel the fans are closer to the action and we get good support there so hopefully that continues against the Cowboys."

Prop Galloway is hopeful of a bumper crowd, in a game where he's looking for a strong performance with his usual front row partners Robbie Farah and Aaron Woods away on Origin duty.

"Hopefully a big crowd can come along. It's always good playing at Campbelltown so hopefully the fans can come out and support us and hopefully it will be a good occasion on Saturday night," Galloway told NRL.com.

"It's definitely good to play at the suburban grounds. It definitely feels more like you're playing in front of a big home crowd. You feel like the crowd is on you a little bit more so it's always good.

"It's going to be good mate so hopefully we can get a heap of fans out and it can pick the boys up."

http://www.nrl.com/tigers-call-on-campb ... fault.aspx
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Wed 20 May, 2015 1:58 pm

I will be there cheering for the great WTs,I will even wear my 2005 black home jumper...cant wait...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

supercoach
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Wed 20 May, 2015 2:09 pm

Mayer has his hands full trying to promote this game, last week we were abysmal with all our rep players on deck, this week we do not have them. Also our style of football has as much appeal as root canal therapy.
I will be making the long trek only because I still believe in the tooth fairy and Santa clause and miracles can happen

jrtiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by jrtiger » Wed 20 May, 2015 2:16 pm

Geo. wrote: Highlighted by a lap of honour at half-time by members of the premiership-winning squad, other significant activities on the night include a live band, Kids Zone, fireworks, take-to-the-turf and a post-match function at Wests Campbelltown.

Benji? :lol:

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 20 May, 2015 2:23 pm

jrtiger wrote:
Geo. wrote: Highlighted by a lap of honour at half-time by members of the premiership-winning squad, other significant activities on the night include a live band, Kids Zone, fireworks, take-to-the-turf and a post-match function at Wests Campbelltown.

And Prince... :lol:

Was thinking the same...
Ivan's Laws

Tiger Watto wrote:
Geo nailed it...

Benjirific

Unread post by Benjirific » Wed 20 May, 2015 2:30 pm

TrueTiger wrote:I will be there cheering for the great WTs,I will even wear my 2005 black home jumper...cant wait...
Don't forget to black-out the JFTA sponsorship on the front of the jersey - Mayer wants that part of our history erased....

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by TrueTiger » Wed 20 May, 2015 2:32 pm

TrueTiger wrote:I will be there cheering for the great WTs,I will even wear my 2005 black home jumper...cant wait...

I hope they man the ticket windows at Leumeah Rlwy St side this time....we may end up with a decent crowd.....

jrtiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by jrtiger » Wed 20 May, 2015 2:33 pm

Geo. wrote:
jrtiger wrote:

And Prince... :lol:

Was thinking the same...

Bring back John Wilson, Matthew Rieck, Robert Miles and KING FITZY

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by TrueTiger » Wed 20 May, 2015 2:34 pm

Benjirific wrote:
Don't forget to black-out the JFTA sponsorship on the front of the jersey - Mayer wants that part of our history erased....

No way Benj,I love that jumper and Mayer can get stuffed,its part of our history...now that I think about it cant we just black him out......

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 158 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 20 May, 2015 2:43 pm

Benjirific wrote:
Wat?
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by TrueTiger » Wed 20 May, 2015 2:48 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Benjirific wrote:
Wat?

CB, Mayer wants to not recognise that JFTA were one of our sponsors...I have no idea why...

Cultured Bogan

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 20 May, 2015 2:50 pm

Were they involved in something shady ala Raddison Maine?
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by TrueTiger » Wed 20 May, 2015 2:54 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Were they involved in something shady ala Raddison Maine?

I really dont know CB, but if GEO reads this thread he may be able to shed some light on it for us...

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 20 May, 2015 3:25 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Were they involved in something shady ala Raddison Maine?
No....it seems when they did the Promo for the game they had a pic of Skando celebrating and they photoshopped JFTA off the Jersey.....so that has led to Mayer obliterating history or some such.....

there is a thread here somewhere..

Found it...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24135
Ivan's Laws

Tiger Watto wrote:
Geo nailed it...

Cultured Bogan

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 20 May, 2015 3:32 pm

Probably in respect to our current sponsor I would say?

Fuerza en la adversidad.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 225 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Wed 20 May, 2015 3:33 pm

Its petty...but its more out of respect to our current main sponsor imo

Who knows, there could be legal implications tied up in it all....dont assume too much

Knuckles
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Knuckles » Wed 20 May, 2015 4:22 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Benjirific wrote:

No way Benj,I love that jumper and Mayer can get stuffed,its part of our history...now that I think about it cant we just black him out......

I wish we could ...

batboy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by batboy » Wed 20 May, 2015 4:34 pm

Surely you guys are not this stupid.
JFTA is not the 2015 Major Sponsor - Meriton is.... They paid 1mil + for the front of jersey promotion.

We simply cannot advertise another name on our jersey front in any way, shape or form in the 2015 competition...

Return to “Round 11: Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys”