Sironen excited...

Russell

Re: Sironen excited...

Post by Russell » Thu 21 May, 2015 7:57 pm

Obviously Curtis is going to be the new Whipping Boy now Blair has gone.

I would suggest there are a lot more that need whipping before you get to Siro.

Bengal Tiger

Post by Bengal Tiger » Thu 21 May, 2015 8:11 pm

Sironen has been a myth this year! Was expecting big things from this kid, should be starting from the bench.

cunno

Post by cunno » Thu 21 May, 2015 8:47 pm

I will definitely be excited if Curtis is excited after the game about his match winning exciting performance.

fairdinkum

Post by fairdinkum » Thu 21 May, 2015 9:11 pm

Russell wrote:Obviously Curtis is going to be the new Whipping Boy now Blair has gone.

I would suggest there are a lot more that need whipping before you get to Siro.
Who do you suggest to be whipped before Sirro, Russell?

He is part of the run on side and he should justify his position like every other player. He was our Rookie of the year in 2012. He is no longer a rookie. This is his 4th year in the NRL. He is an injury prone player having played just 46 out of a possible 72 games. He has missed more then an entire season through injury. Its time for him to sh@t or get off the pot. His last name will only carry him so far.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Thu 21 May, 2015 9:21 pm

He's a big boy but lacks agression. Come on Curtis, fire up on Saturday. Pleeease. :pray:

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Thu 21 May, 2015 10:49 pm

Tigermama wrote:He's a big boy but lacks agression. Come on Curtis, fire up on Saturday. Pleeease. :pray:
For those of us around long enough to remember when Sirro senior played he used to cop plenty as well in the early days of his career - along similar lines. Fortunately for him he was less exposed to the criticism - before the days of social media. Often wonder how it affects the players mentally, being exposed constantly to negative comments from fans, Not only does the modern player need to be more physically fit and tough these days, they also have to be made of teflon.

fairdinkum

Post by fairdinkum » Thu 21 May, 2015 11:47 pm

Telltails wrote:
Tigermama wrote:He's a big boy but lacks agression. Come on Curtis, fire up on Saturday. Pleeease. :pray:
For those of us around long enough to remember when Sirro senior played he used to cop plenty as well in the early days of his career - along similar lines. Fortunately for him he was less exposed to the criticism - before the days of social media. Often wonder how it affects the players mentally, being exposed constantly to negative comments from fans, Not only does the modern player need to be more physically fit and tough these days, they also have to be made of teflon.

Total BS. Pure fabrication telltails. I do remember Sir. Paul in his early Uni days was a gridiron player that converted to league. He was selected for Australia in his first season of NSWRL at age 20. An Aussie rep in his first year of footy! At the same stage of both careers (4 years of League) Paul had won Dally M Rookie of the year, played in 2 grandfinals, played 10 matches for Australia, 2 SOO series and about 80 first grade games. Curtis has been lucky to limp through 40ish games. Paul "the Beast" Sironen was a gun from his first game. To say he coped it in his first few years for being soft like his son is just laughable. What his son has produced thus far is not even close to Pauls shadow.

For those of us that actually remember history correctly David Klemmer reminds me of Paul. Burst onto the seen as a big aggressive no nonsense unit, no flash type of player and has made a space for himself on the rep footy scene for the next decade.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Fri 22 May, 2015 3:47 am

Gridiron player that converted to league my arse. He picked up a scholarship (Hawaii I recall?) on the back of the coat tails of another Aussie (Colin something?) and his schoolboy exploits. He was only ever a gridiron experiment.

Whilst he did get selected for Australia early in his career (second year in grade from memory), it was as part of a Kangaroo tour squad of twenty six? players. And yes, he was thought of as soft for such a big bloke by many peers and fans alike, from the juniors and through his first few years of grade, despite having already played SOO. Telltails memory is fine.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 22 May, 2015 4:26 am

Colin Scott

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 22 May, 2015 5:36 am

Siros weekly words of wisdom..... Sad! :deadhorse:

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Fri 22 May, 2015 5:59 am

formerguest wrote:Gridiron player that converted to league my arse. He picked up a scholarship (Hawaii I recall?) on the back of the coat tails of another Aussie (Colin something?) and his schoolboy exploits. He was only ever a gridiron experiment.

Whilst he did get selected for Australia early in his career (second year in grade from memory), it was as part of a Kangaroo tour squad of twenty six? players. And yes, he was thought of as soft for such a big bloke by many peers and fans alike, from the juniors and through his first few years of grade, despite having already played SOO. Telltails memory is fine.
Yep - my memory is fine, thanks FG.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Fri 22 May, 2015 6:58 am

I reckon there is some reverse psychology being played here,Curtis is talking the team up and trying to get to the Cowboys heads...

The entire team can get to the Cowboys ...by playing a very good hard standard of football....Iam eagerly awaiting for Saturday...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Fri 22 May, 2015 9:10 am

curtis really needs to stop talking and start performing, has play like a power puff and things dont look like changing any time soon. more action sirro less dribble.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 22 May, 2015 9:15 am

The club has to get all the media exposure they can to try and promote a game that has not got much going for it. So they do all the usual's, a Galloway story, a Brooks story, a Teddy story and now a Siro story. Its all fluff and I doubt if the players had much or any input into the stories.

Like others I think Siro has been very disappointing this year, but really he should be a impact player at this stage of his career starting off the bench but he is being forced to play big minutes because our club decided or could not recruit any backrowers. I am willing to give him at least another 12 months before I put him on the scrap heap

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Fri 22 May, 2015 9:26 am

Gawd there are some dribblers on here.

Like seriously lets blame a guy for getting interviewed.

Dead set ur not the full quid.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Fri 22 May, 2015 9:28 am

Speaking of fluff pieces.....ive really enjoyed the 05 stuff lately.

Hearing how the boys felt has been hair on the back of the kneck stuff.

Just knocked over the saints semi and the one where Pattacake tells the team he is playing.

AMAZING!!

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Fri 22 May, 2015 9:34 am

Telltails wrote:
For those of us around long enough to remember when Sirro senior played he used to cop plenty as well in the early days of his career - along similar lines. Fortunately for him he was less exposed to the criticism - before the days of social media. Often wonder how it affects the players mentally, being exposed constantly to negative comments from fans, Not only does the modern player need to be more physically fit and tough these days, they also have to be made of teflon.[/quote

8-)
Last edited by Tigermama on Fri 22 May, 2015 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Fri 22 May, 2015 9:38 am

Tigermama wrote:
Telltails wrote:

LOL Telltails.. I only wonder about us poor WT supporters, having to endure poor perfomances year after year and a hell of a lot of losses.
Unfortunately we don't get paid the big money and are not made of teflon either 8-)