The future isn't bright

jirskyr
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 132 times

Re: The future isn't bright

Unread post by jirskyr » Sun 24 May, 2015 1:22 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
jirskyr wrote:Wow if I've ever seen a thread full of emotional responses, this is it.

Tonight's game was super disappointing but try to have some perspective. All of the blokes running around tonight can play first grade footy, it is just that we can't seem to get all of them playing at a high level on a consistent basis. Watch the NSW Cup and see what true reserve-graders look like.

The whole Siro thing, as if they guy gets picked because his Dad was famous. Such comments shows a total non-understanding of football as a business, it has become one of the most boring clichés I've ever read on here.
Couldn't care less about his surname, but Sironen offers zero in first grade.
Is he definitely, clearly a worse player than Halatau, Santi, Akauola, Lawrence, Jesse Sue, Lovett and any other guys we've given time in the backrow?

Maybe he wouldn't get a gig in the best teams in the comp, but we ain't one of those teams. If Siro needs to be cut based on his performances, honestly, there are another 10 or 11 guys in the same boat. So unless we want to run out a team that consists solely of Tedesco, Farah, Woods and Taupau, Siro is gonna be there.

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 24 May, 2015 1:24 am

alexaki wrote:Your right with the heading .. Watch our NYC team today they are CRAP too

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
They were terrible. The cows dropped the ball frequently in the second half along with throwing forward passes and our lot made them look like immortals.

hybrid_tiger

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 1:30 am

jirskyr wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
jirskyr wrote:Wow if I've ever seen a thread full of emotional responses, this is it.

Tonight's game was super disappointing but try to have some perspective. All of the blokes running around tonight can play first grade footy, it is just that we can't seem to get all of them playing at a high level on a consistent basis. Watch the NSW Cup and see what true reserve-graders look like.

The whole Siro thing, as if they guy gets picked because his Dad was famous. Such comments shows a total non-understanding of football as a business, it has become one of the most boring clichés I've ever read on here.
Is he definitely, clearly a worse player than Halatau, Santi, Akauola, Lawrence, Jesse Sue, Lovett and any other guys we've given time in the backrow?

Maybe he wouldn't get a gig in the best teams in the comp, but we ain't one of those teams. If Siro needs to be cut based on his performances, honestly, there are another 10 or 11 guys in the same boat. So unless we want to run out a team that consists solely of Tedesco, Farah, Woods and Taupau, Siro is gonna be there.
So because he's not as s*** as the other 10 plodders we have on our roster it's ok?

Why should we accept that he will be there? Because for the past four years every man and his dog was telling us all how he was going to be a superstar and play for Australia?

Akauola and Sue are much better.

Black'n'White
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Sun 24 May, 2015 1:31 am

Hybrid, we can agree to disagree... to break it down, we signed Brooks and Moses fending off Bennet at Newcastle, Grifo at Brisbane etc. we put obvious restrictions on their earning ability due to amateur status, though chose to roll the dice. Siro was Brooks partner in crime at the time, also in the sights of Manly. If you take Knights out of the equation, both Manly and Broncos have a definite and highly astute talent identification process in place. We are gambling not only against our own appraisal of these players, but having to elavuate them against agressive market options.

hybrid_tiger

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 1:40 am

The fact is, Sironen is not performing in first grade. I'm just calling it as I see it. All we hear is hype, hype and more hype but I'm sick of the fluff - if he's not performing then he should be criticised, no? He has offered nothing this season and seems to be going backwards. Yet he will keep his spot and even plays 80 when he's ineffective as ever in that role.

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 74 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 1:54 am

Sironen is not an 80 minute player

Simple

As

That

Experiment over JT

jirskyr

Unread post by jirskyr » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:20 pm

Cool, next week we are gonna run out the NSW Cup team, see how they go.

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:28 pm

We already are

spearby

Unread post by spearby » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:55 pm

the tail lights of the nrl when will we become a head light or maybe a hurricane lamp

hybrid_tiger

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 4:28 pm

jirskyr wrote:Cool, next week we are gonna run out the NSW Cup team, see how they go.
The irony is that's where most of our first grade side belongs.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 4:42 pm

Blackpearl wrote:
Newtown wrote:I am sure that all Tigers will be holding their heads up high and celebrating after gaining two competition points next week.
Don't count your chickens just yet newtown.
We are the worst most boring, most pathetically coachedside in the comp this year without doubt. We will win the spoon !
We have the structure and the potential to get two points next week. Nothing's gauranteed in this club (except the players positions)

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 4:44 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
jirskyr wrote:Cool, next week we are gonna run out the NSW Cup team, see how they go.
Suits me as long as they have a go( in both attack and defence)

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 4:45 pm

jirskyr wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:

Not all!!!

jirskyr

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 25 May, 2015 11:34 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
Well I watched the NSW Cup game on Saturday, and after holding a commanding 14-0 lead at half time, Tigers totally capitulated to a team they have already beaten 2 weeks ago.

They might have a go, but would be embarrassingly outclassed.

hybrid_tiger

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 25 May, 2015 11:58 am

jirskyr wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
Well I watched the NSW Cup game on Saturday, and after holding a commanding 14-0 lead at half time, Tigers totally capitulated to a team they have already beaten 2 weeks ago.

I watched it as well. I didn't see the 20s this week but that wasn't good from all reports. It seems like we were were outclassed in all three games.

Like I've said all along, the quality in our squad, all through the ranks, is just not there. This idea that we have a team full of potential superstars is just hot air. Until they consistently perform in first grade nobody can say this with any certainty. And I'm afraid and until we go onto the market and sign at least four quality first graders then we are going nowhere.

Telltails
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by Telltails » Mon 25 May, 2015 12:06 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:The fact is, Sironen is not performing in first grade. I'm just calling it as I see it. All we hear is hype, hype and more hype but I'm sick of the fluff - if he's not performing then he should be criticised, no? He has offered nothing this season and seems to be going backwards. Yet he will keep his spot and even plays 80 when he's ineffective as ever in that role.
I think we get it already. You want Sirro dropped. And........

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 25 May, 2015 12:07 pm

jirskyr wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:

Sounds their trying to emulate the first grade side, they should fit in perfectly :lol:

Return to “Round 11: Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys”