The future isn't bright

alexaki
Member
Member
Posts: 5017
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:21 pm

The future isn't bright

Post by alexaki » Sat 23 May, 2015 10:46 pm

Your right with the heading .. Watch our NYC team today they are CRAP too

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27855
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 23 May, 2015 10:48 pm

alexaki wrote:Your right with the heading .. Watch our NYC team today they are CRAP too

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
State Cup gave up a 14-0 lead to loose 26-14
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm


Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5396
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Sat 23 May, 2015 10:53 pm

alexaki wrote:Your right with the heading .. Watch our NYC team today they are CRAP too

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
The WT NYC and first grade teams have similar types of coaches.
Last edited by Newtown on Sat 23 May, 2015 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knuckles
Member
Member
Posts: 2792
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Knuckles » Sat 23 May, 2015 10:55 pm

Just getting home .... Soooo disappointed ....not so much that we lost but the way we played. That's not the Wests Tigers way. Can't see where our next win will come from if we persist with such negativity.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21023
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 23 May, 2015 10:56 pm

The whole JT keeping them on a tight leash to help them learn is an absolute load of bollocks. Whatever happened to the term "youthful exuberance"? It doesn't exist in JT's vocabulary. It won us a comp FFS. As senial as Sheens was, he at least let them do their thing and never reigned any young player in. It's obvious that's where Moses strength is, let the kid play. As for Siro, I have honestly tried to give him a go and I thought I saw signs in the first few games that he arrived, but he's nothing more than a plodder.


User avatar
simonthetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3396
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by simonthetiger » Sat 23 May, 2015 10:59 pm

Knuckles wrote:Just getting home .... Soooo disappointed ....not so much that we lost but the way we played. That's not the Wests Tigers way. Can't see where our next win will come from if we persist with such negativity.
Agreed,we arent and never will be a play it safe wear the other team down type of team.

And why would we want to be?

This is just awful!

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27855
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sat 23 May, 2015 11:01 pm

Yet the last 4 teams to win a premiership are...go figure...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm


Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 23 May, 2015 11:59 pm

Black'n'White wrote:Formerguest, a run of poor form and the emotional investment from fans takes its toll.

Siro crashed close on 2 occasions, within a few inches iirc, both face balls, and knocked on a 3rd with only a single defender holding his shoelaces, and the ball wasnt all that flash either. He also wasnt as shy to look for work as he had been in the past.

He wasnt perfect, seriously most players never play a perfect game in their careers. But he was a long way from deserving the flack he is copping tonight it isnt funny.
So he gets a pass for going close to scoring?

PYMBLEPETE
Member
Member
Posts: 1033
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:15 pm

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:11 am

Again, I repeat - the commentators tonight were, within the bounds of what they could say, mocking our game plan. Taylor is a serious disappointment. I reckon he will lose the dressing room pretty soon.

User avatar
Black'n'White
Member
Member
Posts: 1881
Joined: Sat 02 Mar, 2013 6:52 pm

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:13 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:Formerguest, a run of poor form and the emotional investment from fans takes its toll.

Siro crashed close on 2 occasions, within a few inches iirc, both face balls, and knocked on a 3rd with only a single defender holding his shoelaces, and the ball wasnt all that flash either. He also wasnt as shy to look for work as he had been in the past.

He wasnt perfect, seriously most players never play a perfect game in their careers. But he was a long way from deserving the flack he is copping tonight it isnt funny.
So he gets a pass for going close to scoring?
thats not my opinion at all hybrid... more that he is a little green and that 1% he was short, it isnt training, nor effort, its experience in contact gained over time. What I will give him is that he was there at those times neverlone the other times he looked for work. He isnt the curr many make him out to be... like alot of players he needs to adjust to NRL level, and he is trying to, its plain to see! It needs to be remembered he has roots as a half, but he is built like a monster. He has size he doesnt know how to use.

User avatar
Granto87
Member
Member
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon 12 Oct, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by Granto87 » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:27 am

i reckon it is, just needs the rite game plan and a few new troops. Brooks need to learn how to run a 2nd row forward and use he's centers earlier it will come with experience . No more no look passes as we are to inexperienced for that. An experienced 2nd rower wouldn't go astray.

balmainbrett2041
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue 20 Mar, 2012 10:22 pm

Post by balmainbrett2041 » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:29 am

I agree. The worst thing was Taylor coming out last week after their pathetic effort and saying they played well in the second half! Any decent coach would have torn strips off them saying it was a disgrace and guys will be dropped. Mitchell Moses has to stand up. Brooks has risen to the level but Moses has not progressed from U20's and not sure he is up to first grade.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

User avatar
Black'n'White
Member
Member
Posts: 1881
Joined: Sat 02 Mar, 2013 6:52 pm

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:33 am

Granto87 wrote:i reckon it is, just needs the rite game plan and a few new troops. Brooks need to learn how to run a 2nd row forward and use he's centers earlier it will come with experience . No more no look passes as we are to inexperienced for that. An experienced 2nd rower wouldn't go astray.
I think its a prop... Sue is a beast 2nd rower, hits like a tonne of bricks and has an uncanny understanding of the grapple, no shiz, he stops pro's in their tracks and dominates them with his body position... he has it all over Blair for wrestling IQ.

2 props.... that should be our shopping list first and foremost.

User avatar
Doc Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2189
Joined: Sun 30 Mar, 2014 9:53 pm

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:45 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:The whole JT keeping them on a tight leash to help them learn is an absolute load of bollocks. Whatever happened to the term "youthful exuberance"? It doesn't exist in JT's vocabulary. It won us a comp FFS. As senial as Sheens was, he at least let them do their thing and never reigned any young player in. It's obvious that's where Moses strength is, let the kid play. As for Siro, I have honestly tried to give him a go and I thought I saw signs in the first few games that he arrived, but he's nothing more than a plodder.
I agree GNR, he has our team dishing up trash. This whole focus on defence is not what our club is about. I know he wants to take us there, but the fans don't want it. I dare say that pretty much all of the tigers fans love the club and the team because we've always been an exciting team to watch. We might lose, we go down all guns blazing attack wise. I think all that needs to happen is for someone to polish the team, not completely change it's DNA.

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 1:02 am

Black'n'White wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:Formerguest, a run of poor form and the emotional investment from fans takes its toll.

Siro crashed close on 2 occasions, within a few inches iirc, both face balls, and knocked on a 3rd with only a single defender holding his shoelaces, and the ball wasnt all that flash either. He also wasnt as shy to look for work as he had been in the past.

He wasnt perfect, seriously most players never play a perfect game in their careers. But he was a long way from deserving the flack he is copping tonight it isnt funny.
So he gets a pass for going close to scoring?
thats not my opinion at all hybrid... more that he is a little green and that 1% he was short, it isnt training, nor effort, its experience in contact gained over time. What I will give him is that he was there at those times neverlone the other times he looked for work. He isnt the curr many make him out to be... like alot of players he needs to adjust to NRL level, and he is trying to, its plain to see! It needs to be remembered he has roots as a half, but he is built like a monster. He has size he doesnt know how to use.
Why does he need so much time to adjust to NRL level? Look at Ethan Lowe, straight into FG and hitting the ground running. Why can't he do it?

My opinion? The most overhyped player I can recall for a long time, I mean it was only a few weeks ago that Gorden Tallis was calling him to play for Australia. Seriously?

He has zero impact in both attack and defence. Regularly dominated. A whole load of overhyped hot air, he would struggle to make most other sides in the NRL.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Sun 24 May, 2015 1:05 am

If Sirronen is a first grader, then I'm a gay man's sex toy.
Brooks can go kick cans in park footy as well.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5491
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Sun 24 May, 2015 1:14 am

Wow if I've ever seen a thread full of emotional responses, this is it.

Tonight's game was super disappointing but try to have some perspective. All of the blokes running around tonight can play first grade footy, it is just that we can't seem to get all of them playing at a high level on a consistent basis. Watch the NSW Cup and see what true reserve-graders look like.

The whole Siro thing, as if they guy gets picked because his Dad was famous. Such comments shows a total non-understanding of football as a business, it has become one of the most boring clichés I've ever read on here.

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 1:17 am

jirskyr wrote:Wow if I've ever seen a thread full of emotional responses, this is it.

Tonight's game was super disappointing but try to have some perspective. All of the blokes running around tonight can play first grade footy, it is just that we can't seem to get all of them playing at a high level on a consistent basis. Watch the NSW Cup and see what true reserve-graders look like.

The whole Siro thing, as if they guy gets picked because his Dad was famous. Such comments shows a total non-understanding of football as a business, it has become one of the most boring clichés I've ever read on here.
Couldn't care less about his surname, but Sironen offers zero in first grade.

Post Reply