Chris Lawrence

larrycorowa
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Chris Lawrence

Unread post by larrycorowa » Sun 24 May, 2015 8:32 am

He was all right playing as a backrower, average when he had to shift to centres. We were down 5 players (Woods, Galloway, Farah, Nofo, Simona). We need to some centres so we have some strike when we get into go position.

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by Snake » Sun 24 May, 2015 8:57 am

I just long for the day I never see that name on the team sheet again !

69-05-41

Unread post by 69-05-41 » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:53 pm

Granto87 wrote:Watch him closely he has a pronounced limp when he trys to play the ball, i rekon his hammy on his right leg is shot. He pulls up lame every play the ball,he has done for a long time imo it's not the hip it's the hammy..
Watch him warming-up next time they play at ANZ. He can't swing his right leg freely, he turns his foot out sideways. Been noticeable for a couple of years.

larrycorowa

Unread post by larrycorowa » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:57 pm

Snake wrote:I just long for the day I never see that name on the team sheet again !
Rock solid, love to be in the trenches with you

king sirro
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sun 24 May, 2015 1:37 pm

Blind Friday could see he was going well at right backrow. His defence was great, he ran well. He looked good in the backrow...simple
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Club Sandwich
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Club Sandwich » Sun 24 May, 2015 2:50 pm

If Lawrence isnt dropped soon then I'll not be watching the Tigers anymore. FFS this is embarrassing.
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 393 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 24 May, 2015 3:02 pm

Geo. wrote:Would be interesting to see his stats from tonight ...thought he was good in the first half playing in the back row..

His centre days are over.....

Looked em up 14r 94m 35 Tackles 0 missed 1 offload 1 error...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Russell
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 124 times

Unread post by Russell » Sun 24 May, 2015 3:04 pm

Fumbles wrote:
Eddie wrote:The Tigers should honestly just write off the 750K down the black hole and tell Chris your in state cup for the next 18 months if you want to stay. You cant start a proper team with plodders getting in the way. Like you said, his performances are embarassing for a professional athlete.
That's right just play him in State cup and hopefully he might just leave and Sirro and Buchanan and Lovett and Galloway. How many of these plodders do we have ?
That's right - play him in State Cup and again next year.

The most expensive player to play State Cup next year. He will not leave, I wouldn't.

Whether he plays NRL, State Cup or he watches from the sideline you will have to pay him whatever $600,000??? The cost is not his fault as he signed for 5 years and only received $100,000? or whatever for year one. His contract was worth about $350,000 per year. It's the idiots with their back ended contracts that are to blame.

However you did it - by the same token - he doesn't get anymore or any less money.

InBenjiWeTrust
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 24 May, 2015 3:38 pm

Lawrence and SIronen shall not play on the same side, combined they have not just zero, but negative impact :(
After Simona's injury we had no left side.
Perhaps also by design ( :( ) when Sironen receives the ball he first looks for offload and than mimics a run, and by then he has 3 players on him and momentum is gone, he gains up to 20 cm per run :(
Akauola is much better player ATM, and shall replace him.
The best place for Lawrence is NSW cup, he cannot play center anymore, and we have better second rowers.
If players on big money like Luke, Santo and Barba can play NSW cup so can he.
Unfortunately, another example where our 'experienced' players are our worst players :(

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 24 May, 2015 6:38 pm

Geo. wrote:
Geo. wrote:Would be interesting to see his stats from tonight ...thought he was good in the first half playing in the back row..

Yep i thought so. Played really well.

Both games he started in the back row Simona has got injured and forced him back into the centres. He is a good backrower.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 7:37 pm

MacDougall wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Both games he started in the back row Simona has got injured and forced him back into the centres. He is a good backrower.
I'm not convinced he is a good backrower however that is only because he hasn't spent much time there. He has some speed for a backrower and he can hit and take a hit-up.

I'd give him the right backrow spot for the rest of the season.

larrycorowa

Unread post by larrycorowa » Sun 24 May, 2015 7:41 pm

stevetiger wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Geo. wrote:

I'm not convinced he is a good backrower however that is only because he hasn't spent much time there. He has some speed for a backrower and he can hit and take a hit-up.

I'd give him the right backrow spot for the rest of the season.
Yes, if we had fully fit centres that would be how I would use him. I agree his centre days are over.

AmericanHistoryX

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 24 May, 2015 8:38 pm

so does taylor
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Eddie
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 24 May, 2015 9:58 pm

I really don't care how much he tries.

I reckon he is a joke for taking his money every year playing with a pronounced limp and dropping the ball all over the place. Running like a prop forward.

Now maybe that is a bit harsh however his performances have been insufferably bad. He talked it up in pre season but in reality it was all fluff.

he is out of his depth and has been for 3-4 years. People can say he is a great bloke and what not, i reckon he would be abetter bloke if he said thanks Tigers, but i am done, i am no longer up to standard and you need money to rebuild.

AmericanHistoryX

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 24 May, 2015 9:59 pm

wish his body could keep up with his heart & soul that bleeds black white & gold

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Return to “Round 11: Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys”