Tigers "not as bad as it looks": Taylor

eyewonder
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Tigers "not as bad as it looks": Taylor

Unread post by eyewonder » Sun 24 May, 2015 7:54 pm

The alternative hasn't,t produced consistent results. Good point.

However,how much patience will supporters have in attending games and spending their hard earned on Jason Taylor's structured game approach.

A win will change everything of course.

eyewonder
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by eyewonder » Sun 24 May, 2015 7:55 pm

The alternative hasn't,t produced consistent results. Good point.

However,how much patience will supporters have in attending games and spending their hard earned on Jason Taylor's structured game approach.

A win will change everything of course.

Mighty Tiger
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Mighty Tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 8:08 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mighty Tiger wrote:Bromwich has a forward pack who play together and takes a lot of preassure off him plus has stars all over the park.

Considering the squads and growth over the last 12mths Woods is doing a bloody amazing job and for mind the form prop running around.

As to disadvantaged yes I do think we where. Considering that the Cowboys squad is one that has NRL experienced depth whereas outs doesn't. They also are use to players leaving at SOO time and we aren't.

Despite what you think Woods, Galloway and Farah mixed with no centers and a changed up backrow and of course our combinations and structure are going to be massively affected considering the age and size of the kids playing. It's a no brainer really.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
So we were such disarray due to injury and Origin, it meant we couldn't even score a single, solitary point? Keep drinking the kool aid the club is selling.
So whenever someone gives you a point back to your statement you go into the insult. Think you need some of that cool aid clearly.....

Funny that in this topic I wasn't in support of what happened the other night.

However that's a different topic and doesn't change the point that you tried to make and failed terribly at.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 188 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 24 May, 2015 8:19 pm

Mighty Tiger wrote:So whenever someone gives you a point back to your statement you go into the insult. Think you need some of that cool aid clearly.....

Funny that in this topic I wasn't in support of what happened the other night.

However that's a different topic and doesn't change the point that you tried to make and failed terribly at.

What have i failed terribly at? Convincing you that we weren't as disadvantaged as the Cowboys?

Right

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Mon 25 May, 2015 12:08 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
littletiger wrote:http://m.nrl.com/rd-11-press-conference ... fault.aspx

wow wasn't expecting that.

Suppose what he is saying is true our defence has been appalling....

The south's v parra game souths played a very similar game that tigers did tonight but difference is that south's had the talent to bring it home.

If we can buy some talent for next year we will win some games.
I know it's hard to be patient this season tho.
I've been patient for 10 years of so called " rebuilding" . Whatever we're rebuilding is pretty ugly. This entire club is becoming a sad joke.

Why wouldn't some of these imposters tackle better, they weren't calledon for any work in attack at all.
Maybe we could call on the NRL to allow us to have one team for defence, and another for attack, then rotate them depending on when we have the ball.
If I hear anymore BS about structures I'll be sick .
My grandsons under 10 team is quite capable of running 4 hit ups, 1backs ball and a kick deep to the same person every time.

JT has had this team for a full off season , plus half of the season proper, and these blokes still haven't learnt how to do this effectively , let alone anything more complicated,
We must have the dumbest bunch of players ever.

Players appear to have NO idea of what's happening, the Coach has to take some of the blame for last nights display , instead of saying it wasn't as bad as it looked. It was BL##DY
AWFULL.
Even Marty is starting to lose interest by the look of it.
Get rid of the ones don't want to play, as well as the ones who have no idea of HOW to play first grade, and bring up someone who actually wants to be there.
I don't care if we don't win another game all year.
As long as the blokes in those jumpers try their guts out
Not like some of this lot.
And buy this Coach a copy of "Coaching For Dummies, "
Rant over? We haven't been rebuilding for 10yrs.....probably 1. We are improving defensively. JT does know what he is doing. He never had a full off season, he had to appoint staff and get things organised, probably had 1 month with them before trials. He said before the season that he would of liked to have more time. There were only 3 players there last night who had played over 100 games. Large majority had played less than 50.
Sorry Larry, we've been hearing the rebuilding mantra ever since 2006, that's a bit more than 1 year.and as for JT only having them for a month before trials, He had a full off season with then and it's now almost June.
Surely in all that time, he could have taken them out and explained that the White line that Runs through the goalposts to the sidelines is where they put the ball down , and that gives them a try.( while being very careful NOT to put the ball down at the other end of the field)
Because that's not good. And if you do it , you might have to go and meet Reggies
But that seldom happens .

He could have had the time to also tell the players that that money that miraculously appears in their bank accounts is for them to put an effort into two different things
Theyre called Attack, and Defence.
And in order to keep that money coming magically into said bank accounts, they are expected to be reasonably good at both of them( if they want to play with the big boys
Yep... Nice and simple, so our youngsters can understand! :mrgreen:

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Mon 25 May, 2015 12:30 am

Droppy wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:He wants to teach them to play a tough brand of football. As you rightly point out, the alternative hasn't yielded consistent results.
Tough is no substitute for smart! they played dumb footie last night. Someone has to standup & lead the way on the field when the game is there to be won. No did last night.[/quote

Droppy, You hit it on the head. There were no leaders out there last night. Just a rudderless team that were missing two of their best players. Very disappointing. :cry:
Last edited by Tigermama on Mon 25 May, 2015 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

TJL
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by TJL » Mon 25 May, 2015 12:30 am

I think 'some' people involved in the club really need to join the following queue -

NT Tiger
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Mon 25 May, 2015 6:12 am

droppy and 'mama'! For a few weeks now that has been one of my concerns, even with the full squad on the paddock. Who is the leader? Not Farah. Not Brooks. Is Taylor's plan for Farah to hold back in favour of Brooks?
To me, this is one of the reasons people gripe about getting rid of Austin. He may not have been the most highly skilled out there but he took what he had and led from the front. Is Brooks just too inexperienced to take that step?
"Quality Stupidity"

Gary Bakerloo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 25 May, 2015 6:33 am

I have always wondered how Dog's fans reacted to Wazzaball in during the early 1980's, now I know. It's a very simple game plan, play through the middle unless we get into their half and kick high with the goal to land just short of the goal line. Mistake rate is low and you are always forcing your team to work out of their own 20.

Teams like the Roosters, Manly, and Melbourne have had this plan at the core of their game plan for years, it is just that they nailed this strategy and have moved to the additional stages when the attack can expand.

Can't argue with Taylor's point though re improvement.....to the stats:

2015 (to round 11):
Tries conceded: 37
Tries scored: 33

2014 (to round 11):
Tries conceded: 42
Tries scored: 37

Personally, I am more happy about conceding 5 less tries than scoring 4 less tries.

spearby

Unread post by spearby » Mon 25 May, 2015 8:20 am

taylor must have watched a different game to me

Telltails
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by Telltails » Mon 25 May, 2015 8:43 am

The closest competition in years. With our roster compared to other clubs we are exactly where we should, be in my opinion. We bought one player this year. We lack experience and depth - and it shows in our error rate, especially in pressure situations.We are defending much better than last year, and we have mostly been in a position to win every game we have played this year bar the Roosters game - playing them after four losses in a row worst time ever. Its poor execution that sees us where we are and the only thing that will fix that with a young side is experience. Sat night another perfect example of a game that we had ample opportunity to win but yet again, we blew it.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 227 times
Been liked: 348 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 25 May, 2015 9:00 am

The Irony in all of this is that Taylor was the 'attack' Coach at the Rorters in 2013 when they won the comp....go figure...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

NT Tiger
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Mon 25 May, 2015 9:09 am

Geo. wrote:The Irony in all of this is that Taylor was the 'attack' Coach at the Rorters in 2013 when they won the comp....go figure...
.............so it follows that he may actually know what he's doing and his plan to improve our attack might have merit.
"Quality Stupidity"

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 25 May, 2015 11:23 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:GoldcoastTiger

You are changing the quote attributed to me. I prefer you not change what i say and just respond to it. I would prefer your words aren't attributed to me in my quote.
Sorry Larry
My mistake, I replied the wrong way, no offence meant
Actually I did not change any thing you said, I merely replied the wrong way( after each point) I still apologise for that , but you are wrong about changing what you said

Return to “Round 11: Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys”