Tigers "not as bad as it looks": Taylor

Granto87

Re: Tigers "not as bad as it looks": Taylor

Post by Granto87 » Sat 23 May, 2015 11:59 pm

ahhh well opposition team will have easy videos to study, we have no set plays just one out stuff and bomb. Need to change it up as it's obviously not working. Without being doom and gloom our team isn't as bad as we play, we have top nrl talent just need a game plan that suits every one... Too much structure doesnt suit the play makers we have, even Galloway could play at 7 under Taylors plan.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:00 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Lol you cannot compare who both sides had out . They had their from row and both halves out. One of whom is the best in the game. They were massively disadvantaged, to argue anything othwise is absolute ignorance.
Honestly, we were even in the front row stakes, they lost halves and we lost our SOO hooker and captain and its not like we had a marked advantage in halves experience at that... both our potent attacking centres/wingers were out ( Simona for half the game)..

If you watch the game without the emotional blinkers, we dominated the scoring opportunities by a mile, field position as well... though we lost due to a lack of finishers, Noffa and Simona obvious upgrades to what we fielded in Hoeter and Lawrence for hlaf a game.

Positional battle on a man to man experience through starting forwards and halves, we were barely in front experience wise, though markedly in front position and opportunity wise. It was our lack of good honest finishers was the difference... dont blame the organisation or the pigs, we won those stats.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:04 am

The really sad thing is, I really believe the Cowboys thought a two point lead was a winning lead and they were right, all they had to do was defend five hit ups and hope Coote would defuse the bomb. They did it without raising a sweat

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:06 am

Treating us like fools - he has settled in well, the Wests Tigers way.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:08 am

".. we have a simple goal this season and we did well in regards to that goal." Just wondering what the goal is that JT is talking about, I think it is to improve our defence but how can he brag about that tonight when the cowboys had so many of their top players out? Sorry but he is becoming delusional, judging by some of his press conference comments lately, he starting to lose club supporters I know and if he is not careful he will start losing the players as well.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:12 am

Black'n'White wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Lol you cannot compare who both sides had out . They had their from row and both halves out. One of whom is the best in the game. They were massively disadvantaged, to argue anything othwise is absolute ignorance.
Honestly, we were even in the front row stakes, they lost halves and we lost our SOO hooker and captain and its not like we had a marked advantage in halves experience at that... both our potent attacking centres/wingers were out ( Simona for half the game)..

If you watch the game without the emotional blinkers, we dominated the scoring opportunities by a mile, field position as well... though we lost due to a lack of finishers, Noffa and Simona obvious upgrades to what we fielded in Hoeter and Lawrence for hlaf a game.

Positional battle on a man to man experience through starting forwards and halves, we were barely in front experience wise, though markedly in front position and opportunity wise. It was our lack of good honest finishers was the difference... dont blame the organisation or the pigs, we won those stats.
Please stop making sense...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:17 am

willow wrote: we have a simple goal this season and we did well in regards to that goal."
Would sure like to know what goal JT is talking about. Our defence has improved which is great. But I think it's time to let the young blokes play their natural game in attack. I think Gould warned against over coaching Brooks/Moses/Teddy to the point where they're no longer playing footy. Looks like we're in danger of doing that.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:27 am

"You say dour, I say tough."

Would the member for Wests Tigers please cease to treat lifelong fans like idiots?

When my son gets up and leaves through boredom during the telecast, we've got problems.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:29 am

greatodensraven wrote:
willow wrote: we have a simple goal this season and we did well in regards to that goal."
Would sure like to know what goal JT is talking about. Our defence has improved which is great. But I think it's time to let the young blokes play their natural game in attack. I think Gould warned against over coaching Brooks/Moses/Teddy to the point where they're no longer playing footy. Looks like we're in danger of doing that.
GOR, the point is that if you expect our 1, 7 and 6 to not only put on opportunities, but score them all as well, then you dont understand the 17 man game. I think they are restrained to a point, though to put the exclaimation point on an opportunity created requires individual brilliance. We created the opportunity, hell more opportunities than the average game, halves did the work tonight, we lost due to the abilty of those afforded the chance to shine.

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:31 am

Taylor hasn't got a clue, clutching at straws with all that dribble.
Brooks at dummy half for 20 mins was enough said about his tactics.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:42 am

The_Doc wrote:Taylor hasn't got a clue, clutching at straws with all that dribble.
I sound like a Taylor lackey, I am not, I can understand what he is trying to accomplish though his methods sometimes have me confused. Siro to the halves and Brooks to hooker was a bone head. Siro has the skills to do the service role justice, yet still work to Brooks' plan in his ear.

That was the first pure bonehead Taylor move for mine.... though in the back of my mind, it kind of reeks of our direction and play being directed around the park from hooker, thus our play dictated by the 9 thus natural thought process in admitting that Brooks is our decision progression after Robbie.

balmainbrett2041

Post by balmainbrett2041 » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:48 am

If our coach can't realise that we've played badly in our last 2+ games and makes excuses rather then ripping into the team to perform better than we have no hope of improvement. Lawrence has got to go and Moses must be put on notice. Unfortunately because of all those poisonous pricks that got rid of Sheens and Potter we can't be seen to get rid of another coach but looks like Taylor is worse then them all. Should have had Todd Payton as the coach ( which was what the players wanted) but he got shafted by the inept management. Ironically he is working with Cowboys now.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:54 am

Black'n'White wrote:
The_Doc wrote:Taylor hasn't got a clue, clutching at straws with all that dribble.
I sound like a Taylor lackey, I am not, I can understand what he is trying to accomplish though his methods sometimes have me confused. Siro to the halves and Brooks to hooker was a bone head. Siro has the skills to do the service role justice, yet still work to Brooks' plan in his ear.

That was the first pure bonehead Taylor move for mine.... though in the back of my mind, it kind of reeks of our direction and play being directed around the park from hooker, thus our play dictated by the 9 thus natural thought process in admitting that Brooks is our decision progression after Robbie.
I can't see what Taylor is trying to accomplish, sure stiffen up our D no doubt we need that. But to stifle our attack to the point where a mid field bomb is our one and only attacking play is just ridiculous, he will ruin Brooks and Moses with this crap.
In all honesty we looked like an under 8's team one pass off the ruck hit ups, for me unless he has another look at his "structure" he is dead man walking.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 24 May, 2015 1:09 am

Unfortunately I think too many fans are far to quick to call the coach crap after a couple of bad performances. Tonight's game sucked but to see blokes like Naiqama drop the ball over the line, or Tedesco fumble a kick, I don't know what the coach is supposed to do about that.

Black'n'White is right, we dominated the scoring opportunities and then sort of ran out of puff, but we had blokes in strange positions everywhere.

So stepping back for a minute from the pain and exasperation, I gave some real thought to what Taylor was saying. He clearly is not an idiot and he clearly has ideas, despite the result or anything else negative about season 2015 so far. I mean Wayne Bennett had a shocker last year with the Knights, and people were so quick to write him off, but results don't always reflect talent.

What Taylor has 100% correct is that the Tigers have always hoped to score enough points to outdo the defensive deficiencies. He is also right that for the past 10 years that strategy has not been successful. The teams that consistently make and win the finals have their defensive platform as priority.

Last time attack was dominant over defence was when we won it, and arguably it made for better football viewing. Since then, we've had some awesome wins and some tragic losses, and you have never really known what to expect, hence why Channel 9 plays us so often, because the games are often heart-attack material.

So... is Taylor right, do we need to endure pain and some boring footy before this team can truly be an ongoing finals contender? I wish the answer was no, but maybe it is true.

People on the forum are already talking about how boring the game-plan is, that they don't want to watch 5 x 1-out ending with a bomb. Some are saying they'd rather go back to the old razzle-dazzle Tigers, who had plenty of losses but at least they weren't boring.

BUT do we really want to re-live 2006-2015 over the next 10 years? Honestly, aren't 10 games of footy too early to call whether we are very slowly going in the right direction? Maybe we just have to cop a painful season or two if we really want to be regular finals contenders?

I don't know if JT is the man to make the turn-around happen, but I do respect the frankness he gave tonight, that ignoring the game for a minute, that the Tigers plans of the last 10 years have mostly failed and he is trying to rebuild the whole thing from scratch. So far it's not been very pretty, but rebuilds rarely are until they are finished.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Sun 24 May, 2015 2:00 am

"Last year we were dead last in defence and the only reason we weren't bottom of the ladder overall was because there was some attacking ability in this team."

I'll put 20 on us to get it this year then because lord knows there's no attacking ability now with JT in charge.

Droppy

Post by Droppy » Sun 24 May, 2015 2:23 am

This coach instills no confidence even in the press conference. He obviously has'nt instilled any confidence in this team. 6 hit ups in 7 tackle set! He must be kidding if he thinks that takes much coaching. Under 6 stuff. The bombs were not thratening as Coote had no pressure on him on any kick. That was terrible stuff. How do we have Halatau & Lawrence in a starting pack? Both way past threr best & should be retired. Moses is not ready for first grade. Has skills but to light & small to threaten anyone. He gets brushed off on nearly every tackle. Good teams are aming their attack at him with great success.That right side defece can't cover for him for 80 minutes. This is going to be a LONG season.Talk of developing players is a non sense in todays game. Successful teams go out & buy developed players. It's about success. We just can't keep pretending to be competitive with the current mind set. Changes need to be made to get the necessary personnel if we want to be competetive.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 24 May, 2015 3:18 am

Droppy wrote:This coach instills no confidence even in the press conference. He obviously has'nt instilled any confidence in this team. 6 hit ups in 7 tackle set! He must be kidding if he thinks that takes much coaching. Under 6 stuff. The bombs were not thratening as Coote had no pressure on him on any kick. That was terrible stuff. How do we have Halatau & Lawrence in a starting pack? Both way past threr best & should be retired. Moses is not ready for first grade. Has skills but to light & small to threaten anyone. He gets brushed off on nearly every tackle. Good teams are aming their attack at him with great success.That right side defece can't cover for him for 80 minutes. This is going to be a LONG season.Talk of developing players is a non sense in todays game. Successful teams go out & buy developed players. It's about success. We just can't keep pretending to be competitive with the current mind set. Changes need to be made to get the necessary personnel if we want to be competetive.
Arent those changes exactly what Taylor is doing, letting go Blair, THompson, Takarangi and then tapping Lawrence on the shoulder as well as Galloway perhaps - so the changes are happenenign

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sun 24 May, 2015 4:30 am

JT says our defence needs to improve, so improve it, but surely it doesn't have to be at the detriment of all sense of attack.