Tigers "not as bad as it looks": Taylor

Mighty Tiger

Tigers "not as bad as it looks": Taylor

Post by Mighty Tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 9:04 am

It's interesting topic as to if you rebuild a team you usually have a tank year.

Regarding defense the issue is sure we have a very long way to come to change this however we have only moved up 4 spots from last year.

Regarding attack well 3 weeks ago we where one of the better attacking teams but the last 3 weeks we have scored 16pts and slipped back to 7th worst.

In saying that the way in which we are playing is ugly but last night we did look like the only team that was going to break the line, the Cowboys had nothing at all and to lose in a game like that must be concerning for the boys.

It's not the way we are playing it's the basics we are stuffing up that's annoying me.

Again we nearly lost a scrum feed, the pointless bombs instead of just whacking it into the corner, the lack of expansion and letting Mitch play his game, the leaders like Marty and Sirro not actually leading, Brooks at hooker and not a hooker for 30mins, Lawerance not holding the ball, kicking out on the full, putting too much preassure on our kids to defend one out and the list goes on.

If these weren't happening I would be fully in support of the change but our more experienced players aren't actually stepping up to the plate outside of Woods TBH this year.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 9:06 am

Defence defence defence. I just watched a replay and his half time comment was that they would win it on the back of defence. Was he that focused on defence that he forgot we were behind? .No game plan again. Let the boys throw it around cause what they are doing now just isn't working.

You won't win games with 5 hit ups and a bomb,especially when the fuback catches every one of them comfortably. You need to out score the opposition to win JT. A balance is required.What happened to Tedesco of Brooks and getting some combinations going JT is coaching the attack out of our payers and that was their strengh as a bunch of young bokes.

Get the 05 coaching manual out and show the boys some videos instead of what your doing JT.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 9:20 am

littletiger wrote:http://m.nrl.com/rd-11-press-conference ... fault.aspx

wow wasn't expecting that.

Suppose what he is saying is true our defence has been appalling....

The south's v parra game souths played a very similar game that tigers did tonight but difference is that south's had the talent to bring it home.

If we can buy some talent for next year we will win some games.
I know it's hard to be patient this season tho.
I've been patient for 10 years of so called " rebuilding" . Whatever we're rebuilding is pretty ugly. This entire club is becoming a sad joke.

Why wouldn't some of these imposters tackle better, they weren't calledon for any work in attack at all.
Maybe we could call on the NRL to allow us to have one team for defence, and another for attack, then rotate them depending on when we have the ball.
If I hear anymore BS about structures I'll be sick .
My grandsons under 10 team is quite capable of running 4 hit ups, 1backs ball and a kick deep to the same person every time.

JT has had this team for a full off season , plus half of the season proper, and these blokes still haven't learnt how to do this effectively , let alone anything more complicated,
We must have the dumbest bunch of players ever.

Players appear to have NO idea of what's happening, the Coach has to take some of the blame for last nights display , instead of saying it wasn't as bad as it looked. It was BL##DY
AWFULL.
Even Marty is starting to lose interest by the look of it.
Get rid of the ones don't want to play, as well as the ones who have no idea of HOW to play first grade, and bring up someone who actually wants to be there.
I don't care if we don't win another game all year.
As long as the blokes in those jumpers try their guts out
Not like some of this lot.
And buy this Coach a copy of "Coaching For Dummies, "

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 9:23 am

supercoach wrote:Just so pleased we have the bye next weekend so I do not have to endure another 80 minutes of Taylorball. Nobody really expected a fairy tale in 2015, but we did expect to see a team that was on the improve and give us real hope for the future,instead we see a team that has gone back to square one and are boring the punters to death.

The image the club is now creating is terribly negative,attracting sponsors and members will be nearly impossible not to mention getting any quality players to sign on the dotted line.Iam not saying sack Taylor,the last thing we need is another coach,but he needs to bite the bullet and introduce some football into his game plans.
So you obviously think we are a chance against the bye?
I have my doubts

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 9:28 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mighty Tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Lol you cannot compare who both sides had out . They had their from row and both halves out. One of whom is the best in the game. They were massively disadvantaged, to argue anything othwise is absolute ignorance.
Lol The form prop in the game and NSW captain mixed with no centers missing. For our team considering how young and inexperienced we are it is just as important.

Form prop in the game? I didn't know Jesse Bromwich played for us. You can say with a straight face that we were the ones who were disadvantaged? Please
We were disadvantaged by the players out there and the Coach
We should have creamed that Cowboys team

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 24 May, 2015 9:44 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:[
Get rid of the ones don't want to play, as well as the ones who have no idea of HOW to play first grade, and bring up someone who actually wants to be there.
I think 99% of Wests Tigers supporters will heartily agree with you.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 24 May, 2015 9:51 am

hobbo2803 wrote:Taylor's a knob , it can't be all about defence .
We can't hit the ball up one out 5 times and put up a Bomb and expect the other team to make mistakes .

They're has to be some creativity in attack ,
At the moment we have nothing !

At this rate they'll only be Taylor and Kidwell watching them play ...

And me - until they put me in a box.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 24 May, 2015 9:53 am

x2 and me

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 24 May, 2015 10:02 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:

The south's v parra game souths played a very similar game that tigers did tonight but difference is that south's had the talent to bring it home.

I've been patient for 10 years of so called " rebuilding" . Whatever we're rebuilding is pretty ugly. This entire club is becoming a sad joke.

Why wouldn't some of these imposters tackle better, they weren't calledon for any work in attack at all.
Maybe we could call on the NRL to allow us to have one team for defence, and another for attack, then rotate them depending on when we have the ball.
My grandsons under 10 team is quite capable of running 4 hit ups, 1backs ball and a kick deep to the same person every time.

JT has had this team for a full off season , plus half of the season proper, and these blokes still haven't learnt how to do this effectively , let alone anything more complicated,

Players appear to have NO idea of what's happening, the Coach has to take some of the blame for last nights display , instead of saying it wasn't as bad as it looked. It was BL##DY
AWFULL.
Rant over? We haven't been rebuilding for 10yrs.....probably 1. We are improving defensively. JT does know what he is doing. He never had a full off season, he had to appoint staff and get things organised, probably had 1 month with them before trials. He said before the season that he would of liked to have more time. There were only 3 players there last night who had played over 100 games. Large majority had played less than 50.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 24 May, 2015 10:05 am

The biggest problem is, Taylor has them playing a game based on getting field position on the 5th tackle and hoping for a mistake in the ensuring set. The problem we just do not gain enough yards to get us into position to use a so called attacking kick. So basically we are on the back foot all game. Most football games are won on energy and momentum and we have precious little of both. Sad really because we do have some kids who could feed off the odd offload or second phase play, but at present its all down bum up and have a trundle and make a slow play the ball.

It all gets down to the cattle you have at your disposal and playing a game plan to their strengths and not their weaknesses

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 1:42 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

AWFULL.
Rant over? We haven't been rebuilding for 10yrs.....probably 1. We are improving defensively. JT does know what he is doing. He never had a full off season, he had to appoint staff and get things organised, probably had 1 month with them before trials. He said before the season that he would of liked to have more time. There were only 3 players there last night who had played over 100 games. Large majority had played less than 50.
Sorry Larry, we've been hearing the rebuilding mantra ever since 2006, that's a bit more than 1 year.and as for JT only having them for a month before trials, He had a full off season with then and it's now almost June.
Surely in all that time, he could have taken them out and explained that the White line that Runs through the goalposts to the sidelines is where they put the ball down , and that gives them a try.( while being very careful NOT to put the ball down at the other end of the field)
Because that's not good. And if you do it , you might have to go and meet Reggies
But that seldom happens .

He could have had the time to also tell the players that that money that miraculously appears in their bank accounts is for them to put an effort into two different things
Theyre called Attack, and Defence.
And in order to keep that money coming magically into said bank accounts, they are expected to be reasonably good at both of them( if they want to play with the big boys
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Sun 24 May, 2015 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 24 May, 2015 1:56 pm

If Taylor was in charge of our CAP situation he would say "our CAP situation is not as bad as it looks" It is I am sure every bit as bad if not very much worse than it looks. Where has all the CAP money gone and please don't come up with " it's all because of Lawrence and Moltzen"? We have sacked players such as Blair, Austin, Koro and others who are today worth big money on the player's market The fans remains mushrooms when it comes to the important CAP issue.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 24 May, 2015 2:08 pm

I disagree. We only started rebuilding in 2013 after Sheens was sacked. In Sheens era we lost players when Gold Coast was formed and suffered some bad injuries which we had to fill and had to move some players on b/c salary cap, behaviour.

When benji left the rebuild started in my view.

He did not have a full off season. He was appointed at the end of the 2014 season. He had to hire all his staff, rebuild all the programs, assess players etc. Rebuild the entire footy department. You are significantly underestimating his role and the mess the place was in. Can you remember the injury list from last year? There were so many players in rehab (including Brooks). He reckoned he only had about a month to work with most of the list (when did the 9's start?).

I am giving him till end of next year before I start. I have been a Fremantle supporter since 1999, i know what a rebuild, journey and all that bulldust is. There was huge expectation on the WT to perform since the premiership in 2005. A lot of the recruiting through that period was plugging gaps and trying to improve a team whose nucleus was formed in 2005.

The rebuild has only been on for a year or two.

Droppy

Post by Droppy » Sun 24 May, 2015 4:39 pm

Larry,you must be watching a different team.You need to face reality & call things as they are. This coach is a struggler & so has this team begun. Another long season for Tiger supporters. We are now Wooden spoon favorites.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 24 May, 2015 4:51 pm

Geo. wrote:OH Oh...grabs popcorn..

Why are you in every thread trying to fend off any negative criticism?

Its coming across like you think anyone who has a problem with the current situation is a lesser person.

Why not just let people post their opinions and comment and debate them if you disagree.

fairdinkum

Post by fairdinkum » Sun 24 May, 2015 4:53 pm

i want some of what larry's on

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 24 May, 2015 5:12 pm

Nah unlike you Droppy Larry isn't an over reactive fool. He see's reality and I agree with him Taylor has made a significant difference already too 2 big areas - Defence (6-8 point reduction on ave from last yr) and injuries with a lot more blokes fit and more often.

He has started clearing the deadwood - Blair, Lawrence being moved out of the centres, a few others tapped on the shoulder.

You will see in a few weeks how he continues to reform our roster without buying players this yr just because

This season was always going to be a struggle but if we can improve our S&C and defence and be competitive (5 of our losses have been by 10 or less) then this sets us up for the finals next year

We were a horrible horrible team he took over, we are scoring as many points as we were last yr but conceding 7 less per games so we are heading in the right direction

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 5:16 pm

larrycorowa wrote:I disagree. We only started rebuilding in 2013 after Sheens was sacked. In Sheens era we lost players when Gold Coast was formed and suffered some bad injuries which we had to fill and had to move some players on b/c salary cap, behaviour.

Yes we started to hear the R word after we lost laFranchi And Prince . They weren't moved on, they Left

When benji left the rebuild started in my view.

He did not have a full off season. He was appointed at the end of the 2014 season. He had to hire all his staff, rebuild all the programs, assess players etc. Rebuild the entire footy department. You are significantly underestimating his role and the mess the place was in. Can you remember the injury list from last year? There were so many players in rehab (including Brooks). He reckoned he only had about a month to work with most of the list (when did the 9's start?).

Round 1 of the premiership started in March, WTs NRL team did not start until Round 1
And he's had 10 games to show them where the tryline is

He took over as Coach at the end of the 2014 season and became responsible for the Coaching of WTs for the off season when the players started back, HE was the Coach . He WAS responsible for coaching since then.

I am giving him till end of next year before I start. I have been a Fremantle supporter since 1999, i know what a rebuild, journey and all that bulldust is. There was huge expectation on the WT to perform since the premiership in 2005. A lot of the recruiting through that period was plugging gaps and trying to improve a team whose nucleus was formed in 2005.

The rebuild has only been on for a year or two.
That's Rebuild no. 5. Try and keep up, or it gets too confusing