Tigers "not as bad as it looks": Taylor

goldcoast tiger

Re: Tigers "not as bad as it looks": Taylor

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 5:17 pm

larrycorowa wrote:I disagree. We only started rebuilding in 2013 after Sheens was sacked. In Sheens era we lost players when Gold Coast was formed and suffered some bad injuries which we had to fill and had to move some players on b/c salary cap, behaviour.

Yes we started to hear the R word after we lost laFranchi And Prince . They weren't moved on, they Left

When benji left the rebuild started in my view.

He did not have a full off season. He was appointed at the end of the 2014 season. He had to hire all his staff, rebuild all the programs, assess players etc. Rebuild the entire footy department. You are significantly underestimating his role and the mess the place was in. Can you remember the injury list from last year? There were so many players in rehab (including Brooks). He reckoned he only had about a month to work with most of the list (when did the 9's start?).

Round 1 of the premiership started in March, WTs NRL team did not start until Round 1
And he's had 10 games to show them where the tryline is

He took over as Coach at the end of the 2014 season and became responsible for the Coaching of WTs for the off season when the players started back, HE was the Coach . He WAS responsible for coaching since then.

I am giving him till end of next year before I start. I have been a Fremantle supporter since 1999, i know what a rebuild, journey and all that bulldust is. There was huge expectation on the WT to perform since the premiership in 2005. A lot of the recruiting through that period was plugging gaps and trying to improve a team whose nucleus was formed in 2005.

The rebuild has only been on for a year or two.
That's Rebuild no. 5. Try and keep up, or it gets too confusing

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 24 May, 2015 5:18 pm

have to agree with Willow and Geo and Taylor - not as bad as it looks
especially Geo - he got it right with his comments last night
Love Eddie - but he is so predictable after a loss
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 24 May, 2015 5:24 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
Geo. wrote:OH Oh...grabs popcorn..

Why are you in every thread trying to fend off any negative criticism?

Its coming across like you think anyone who has a problem with the current situation is a lesser person.

Why not just let people post their opinions and comment and debate them if you disagree.
Huh grabbing popcorn to me equates to watching something interesting...No one is stopping anyone in posting their opinion negative or positive...Thinking someone is a lesser person...please...I don't think that at all
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 24 May, 2015 5:30 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:

Its coming across like you think anyone who has a problem with the current situation is a lesser person.

Why not just let people post their opinions and comment and debate them if you disagree.
Huh grabbing popcorn to me equates to watching something interesting...No one is stopping anyone in posting their opinion negative or positive...Thinking someone is a lesser person...please...I don't think that at all
You must go through a Ton of popcorn Geo :lol:

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 6:13 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mighty Tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Lol you cannot compare who both sides had out . They had their from row and both halves out. One of whom is the best in the game. They were massively disadvantaged, to argue anything othwise is absolute ignorance.
Lol The form prop in the game and NSW captain mixed with no centers missing. For our team considering how young and inexperienced we are it is just as important.

Form prop in the game? I didn't know Jesse Bromwich played for us. You can say with a straight face that we were the ones who were disadvantaged? Please
Bromwich has a forward pack who play together and takes a lot of preassure off him plus has stars all over the park.

Considering the squads and growth over the last 12mths Woods is doing a bloody amazing job and for mind the form prop running around.

As to disadvantaged yes I do think we where. Considering that the Cowboys squad is one that has NRL experienced depth whereas outs doesn't. They also are use to players leaving at SOO time and we aren't.

Despite what you think Woods, Galloway and Farah mixed with no centers and a changed up backrow and of course our combinations and structure are going to be massively affected considering the age and size of the kids playing. It's a no brainer really.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 24 May, 2015 6:19 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:

That is why i said it is coming across that way. Im not saying you are meaning it or it is intentional just saying that i didnt read the forum last night, i had a read today and there were 6 or 7 seven threads, maybe more where you are basically rolling your eyes at any situation where people might be about to be critical. Or on the other occasions youve quoted that one post out of 20 that sticks up for Taylor and complimented the poster on his apparent positivity.

Droppy

Post by Droppy » Sun 24 May, 2015 6:29 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:Nah unlike you Droppy Larry isn't an over reactive fool. He see's reality and I agree with him Taylor has made a significant difference already too 2 big areas - Defence (6-8 point reduction on ave from last yr) and injuries with a lot more blokes fit and more often.

He has started clearing the deadwood - Blair, Lawrence being moved out of the centres, a few others tapped on the shoulder.

You will see in a few weeks how he continues to reform our roster without buying players this yr just because

This season was always going to be a struggle but if we can improve our S&C and defence and be competitive (5 of our losses have been by 10 or less) then this sets us up for the finals next year

We were a horrible horrible team he took over, we are scoring as many points as we were last yr but conceding 7 less per games so we are heading in the right direction

Your the only fool if you think this coach & his tactics is going to avoid us getting the spoon.He is clueless just like you quoting stats on defence & attack. All that counts are wins! We are now 4 wins & 7 losses with a tough draw ahead. Get real.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 6:47 pm

For the record I agree for the most part with 'larrycorrowa' although I place the start of the rebuild at when Taylor was hired. The line in the sand for mine.

As far as this forum is concerned, Taylor has gone from strategic and tactical genius to clueless in 10 rounds. Really?

It was never going to happen overnight and I'm sure Taylor would love to have the bikkies to afford the players he wants.. My only big fear is that our gun players will lose their patience with the current situation. I'm as frustrated as any with the week to week results. Patience.
"Quality Stupidity"

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 24 May, 2015 6:51 pm

GoldcoastTiger

You are changing the quote attributed to me. I prefer you not change what i say and just respond to it. I would prefer your words aren't attributed to me in my quote.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 6:56 pm

larrycorowa wrote:GoldcoastTiger

You are changing the quote attributed to me. I prefer you not change what i say and just respond to it. I would prefer your words aren't attributed to me in my quote.
Sorry Larry
My mistake, I replied the wrong way, no offence meant

kafta

Post by kafta » Sun 24 May, 2015 6:56 pm

It is not as bad as it looks it is freaking way worse than that. This team will be crap for a few years yet.Oh well nothing changes! :brick:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 24 May, 2015 7:10 pm

Mighty Tiger wrote:Bromwich has a forward pack who play together and takes a lot of preassure off him plus has stars all over the park.

Considering the squads and growth over the last 12mths Woods is doing a bloody amazing job and for mind the form prop running around.

As to disadvantaged yes I do think we where. Considering that the Cowboys squad is one that has NRL experienced depth whereas outs doesn't. They also are use to players leaving at SOO time and we aren't.

Despite what you think Woods, Galloway and Farah mixed with no centers and a changed up backrow and of course our combinations and structure are going to be massively affected considering the age and size of the kids playing. It's a no brainer really.

So we were such disarray due to injury and Origin, it meant we couldn't even score a single, solitary point? Keep drinking the kool aid the club is selling.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 24 May, 2015 7:31 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mighty Tiger wrote:Bromwich has a forward pack who play together and takes a lot of preassure off him plus has stars all over the park.

So we were such disarray due to injury and Origin, it meant we couldn't even score a single, solitary point? Keep drinking the kool aid the club is selling.
I must be on the kool aid as well. What is your solution GNR sack Taylor, Moses, Sirro, Lawrence and play who? Who is your team and what instructions have you for the coach?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 24 May, 2015 7:40 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

I must be on the kool aid as well. What is your solution GNR sack Taylor, Moses, Sirro, Lawrence and play who? Who is your team and what instructions have you for the coach?
Who said anything about sacking?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 24 May, 2015 7:41 pm

How about just letting the kids play their natural game, ala Sheens in 05. Would that be such a travesty?

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 24 May, 2015 7:44 pm

He wants to teach them to play a tough brand of football. As you rightly point out, the alternative hasn't yielded consistent results.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 24 May, 2015 7:48 pm

I'm sure with the crap taylor is copping from the fans and the media we'll see more attacking plays next game .

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Droppy

Post by Droppy » Sun 24 May, 2015 7:49 pm

larrycorowa wrote:He wants to teach them to play a tough brand of football. As you rightly point out, the alternative hasn't yielded consistent results.
Tough is no substitute for smart! they played dumb footie last night. Someone has to standup & lead the way on the field when the game is there to be won. No did last night.