Jason Taylor's Tactics

Eddie
Been liked: 11 times

Jason Taylor's Tactics

Unread post by Eddie » Sat 23 May, 2015 11:09 pm

On the surface of it he seems to have improved our defence and certainly our injuries problems. They were 2 pretty big areas of concern for years on end so to see progress here is encouraging.

However he seems to be strangling the life, the energy and all the creativity out of the team. I reckon in the last 2 games 20 + sets from each game the Wt would have contained 5 one out plods and a bomb. What is this all about?? No hint of an offload, an inside ball and earl shift or a set play.

It worked in the Parramatta game bacause they shot themselves in the foot. However it won't work again this season. We ask noquestions at all. He talks about being on the back foot all the time and he is right that the forwards are losing the battle Well then how about come up with a plan that takes the focus off a struggling pack???

He is using Pat Richards to do hit up from attacking scrums???

I am at a total loss why he is being so defensive. The team is playing without any joy or flair and now they have lost all confidence. When they do play a bit of football and get half a chance they blow it because they get the shakes at trying something.

The last 13 games look very very bleak playing like this.

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by Snake » Sat 23 May, 2015 11:12 pm

What tactics ...I sat there thinking that in 6 degree temp.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 257 times
Been liked: 395 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 23 May, 2015 11:15 pm

Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sat 23 May, 2015 11:18 pm

I think injuries have been luck and I don't think our defence has really improved. He has no tactics in attack at all. How you can coach a first grade team and not put some plays on is beyond me.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 23 May, 2015 11:23 pm

To play the way he has them playing says a lot about how he rates then and the level of trust he has in them.Soon it will be at the point where teams don't even have to respect or take us seriously to get the better if us. That's if it's not already at point
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Sat 23 May, 2015 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fergiefurr
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by fergiefurr » Sat 23 May, 2015 11:23 pm

Totally agree.

The tactics work if you have beasts like the souths and dogs packs and then halves with great kicking games.

Our plod sets involving hit ups from Buchanan, Richards, santi, Lovett etc were making us 30m because the cows knew what was coming. Running in 1s, no thought of an offload. They bunched, stood 3ms offside and lapped it up.

We have 1 move. The sweep play to the left. We are the Only team I've ever seen who has no edge runners.

Brooks and Moses have showed small signs of what they are capable of. In the last 2 weeks Moses has broken from the structure a couple of times and looked bloody dangerous.

When brooks plays direct off a quick play the ball and has a willing runner he looks dangerous.

The way we are playing I only see as being detrimental to the our young halves future.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

supercoach
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Sat 23 May, 2015 11:30 pm

He has lost me, they have no shape in attack,there is just this big bunch in the middle of field taking it in turns to do one out hit ups. Its not like anyone is running decoy lines, its just one out plodding.To be fair most teams now play this style, but most other teams play it with energy and have a few variations up their sleeve.

PYMBLEPETE
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by PYMBLEPETE » Sat 23 May, 2015 11:31 pm

Even the commentators are, within the bounds of what they can do, mocking our game plan.

And as to Fegie's comment about the style being detrimental to our halves, you can add Teddesco to that too. I reckon he is regressing at a rate of knots under the current arrangements.

hobbo
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 97 times

Unread post by hobbo » Sat 23 May, 2015 11:35 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:Even the commentators are, within the bounds of what they can do, mocking our game plan.

And as to Fegie's comment about the style being detrimental to our halves, you can add Teddesco to that too. I reckon he is regressing at a rate of knots under the current arrangements.
Add Taupau to the list as well , why would you want to re-sign with this mob ?

EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

cunno

Unread post by cunno » Sat 23 May, 2015 11:41 pm

I sat there tonight wondering when Wests Tigers were going to move out of second gear in attack. I thought I was watching Parramatta in the 80s when they had bomber Peard playing and his bombs were their main method of attack. The team has lost any sense of creativity in attack, as others have commented the hit ups then kick is too much. Coote had plenty of catching practice as the kicks went down his throat, it wasn't until late in the game that some variation was made to the kicking game.

TYGA
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 50 times

Unread post by TYGA » Sat 23 May, 2015 11:46 pm

The tactics in attack are amateurish. 4 hit ups one off the ruck, one shift out wide and Bomb when you are near a side line or under pressure from a slow play the ball. If we are going to run with this runners need support players and we need to chase the kicks.

The biggest issue is we have no strike outside: Lawrence, Siro, Richards are really making the halves look bad. They can't create anything. We just have a lack of talent to compete and until JT owns this and change the roster this sort of game plan won't cut it.

PYMBLEPETE
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by PYMBLEPETE » Sat 23 May, 2015 11:51 pm

I say this with much trepidation - I would actually prefer Sheens and his wingers on the bench to this - there I have said it!

tiger rocket

Unread post by tiger rocket » Sat 23 May, 2015 11:51 pm

cunno wrote:I sat there tonight wondering when Wests Tigers were going to move out of second gear in attack. I thought I was watching Parramatta in the 80s when they had bomber Peard playing and his bombs were their main method of attack. The team has lost any sense of creativity in attack, as others have commented the hit ups then kick is too much. Coote had plenty of catching practice as the kicks went down his throat, it wasn't until late in the game that some variation was made to the kicking game.
I think you will find that was mid 70's my friend and at least he was bombing from within the quarter and his team were trying to catch it. We aren't even trying to attack the bomb.

cunno

Unread post by cunno » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:12 am

ck then, thanks for the check
tiger rocket wrote:
cunno wrote:I sat there tonight wondering when Wests Tigers were going to move out of second gear in attack. I thought I was watching Parramatta in the 80s when they had bomber Peard playing and his bombs were their main method of attack. The team has lost any sense of creativity in attack, as others have commented the hit ups then kick is too much. Coote had plenty of catching practice as the kicks went down his throat, it wasn't until late in the game that some variation was made to the kicking game.
I think you will find that was mid 70's my friend and at least he was bombing from within the quarter and his team were trying to catch it. We aren't even trying to attack the bomb.

The 70's TR my how time has flown, at least someone else on the forum remembers Parra's tactics way back then, thanks for the check.

supercoach
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:19 am

If we had a dynamic no9 to dart out and bring the runners with him Taylors structures may work but at present the are slow and predictable and every bomb we put is a defensive bomb. Lets not beat around the bush, they are crappy tactics aimed at trying to buy the coach some time till he can improve the playing roster

Fumbles

Unread post by Fumbles » Sun 24 May, 2015 1:03 am

I don't understand all these mid field bombs and pass the ball to the centre from a scrum.
We should go close to getting the wooden spoon but JT Look at me Look at me I improved our defence and injury toll.

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Sun 24 May, 2015 5:19 am

Couldn't watch the game last night, found out the scoreline this morning. It's weird what's going on, the first 8 rounds I think we were averaging at least 22 points a game. Our For was 2nd or at least in the top top 4 for a while.

Now, for some reason, the attack is offering nothing............which only puts more pressure on the defence.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 9:21 am

stevetiger wrote:I think injuries have been luck and I don't think our defence has really improved. He has no tactics in attack at all. How you can coach a first grade team and not put some plays on is beyond me.
I couldn't sum it up better. :crazy

Return to “Round 11: Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys”