Jason Taylor's Tactics

Russell
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 126 times

Re: Jason Taylor's Tactics

Unread post by Russell » Sun 24 May, 2015 9:31 am

PYMBLEPETE wrote:Even the commentators are, within the bounds of what they can do, mocking our game plan.

And as to Fegie's comment about the style being detrimental to our halves, you can add Teddesco to that too. I reckon he is regressing at a rate of knots under the current arrangements.
Voss is an idiot - as if anyone takes any notice of what he says.

What he know about RL you could write on the back of a postage stamp.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 24 May, 2015 9:33 am

Russell wrote:
PYMBLEPETE wrote:Even the commentators are, within the bounds of what they can do, mocking our game plan.

And as to Fegie's comment about the style being detrimental to our halves, you can add Teddesco to that too. I reckon he is regressing at a rate of knots under the current arrangements.

Yep, anyone who dares speaks of us in a negative light is clearly an idiot.

How dare they

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sun 24 May, 2015 9:37 am

supercoach wrote:If we had a dynamic no9 to dart out and bring the runners with him Taylors structures may work but at present the are slow and predictable and every bomb we put is a defensive bomb. Lets not beat around the bush, they are crappy tactics aimed at trying to buy the coach some time till he can improve the playing roster
Who knows when the playing roster improves. It could be a couple of years away at least.

tiga4eva
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tiga4eva » Sun 24 May, 2015 9:45 am

In the last 3 weeks the combined scores are 16-68, well done JT, our defence is killing it. Newcastle and Cowboys both offered very little in attack, yet we still lost.
His tactic of using Brooks at 9. instead of Luani or Cherrington was worse than Sheenius putting Fulton there.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Basil Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Basil Tiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 9:57 am

What happened to the inside ball on a greasy pitch,Phil Gould's fav. play near the line,poor game plan & poor execution.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

Pokies

Unread post by Pokies » Sun 24 May, 2015 10:37 am

It's quite clear for most to see that Taylor is out of his depth.
The game plan with the ball is a farce and a complete failure. It's only going to get worse as players are already losing confidence in the results it's producing and the level of play is getting worse.
The scary thing is how badly will this coaching affect the development of our young playmakers. If it buggers them up then this coaching appointment could ruin the club for years.

Cats Fan

Unread post by Cats Fan » Sun 24 May, 2015 10:50 am

supercoach wrote:If we had a dynamic no9 to dart out and bring the runners with him Taylors structures may work but at present the are slow and predictable and every bomb we put is a defensive bomb. Lets not beat around the bush, they are crappy tactics aimed at trying to buy the coach some time till he can improve the playing roster
A decent coach gets the best out his playing squad. Our current coach/coaching staff are not doing this.

One must ask, is Jason Taylor capable of this, is he the right man for the job?

Time will tell.

PYMBLEPETE
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 24 May, 2015 5:02 pm

Russell wrote:

Gould was on about it, more subtly, last week. But I suppose an idiot also????

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Sun 24 May, 2015 9:21 pm

The tactics between the 2 30's are so negative.
The most frustrating thing is that we show pretty decent skill soon as we use the ball.
when we get to the attacking zone we look ok, we shifted the ball twice in the last 10 minutes and nearly scored on one play and made 30m on the other.
I don't mind the bomb as a finish to the set, it is a good option defensively.
We need to be more expansive, otherwise we won't get a chance to show our skill at all. Sides will condense in the middle, take no chances with penalties knowing we will not ask questions.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Sun 24 May, 2015 10:04 pm

fergiefurr wrote:Totally agree.

The tactics work if you have beasts like the souths and dogs packs and then halves with great kicking games.

Our plod sets involving hit ups from Buchanan, Richards, santi, Lovett etc were making us 30m because the cows knew what was coming. Running in 1s, no thought of an offload. They bunched, stood 3ms offside and lapped it up.

We have 1 move. The sweep play to the left. We are the Only team I've ever seen who has no edge runners.

Brooks and Moses have showed small signs of what they are capable of. In the last 2 weeks Moses has broken from the structure a couple of times and looked bloody dangerous.

When brooks plays direct off a quick play the ball and has a willing runner he looks dangerous.

The way we are playing I only see as being detrimental to the our young halves future.

Spot on FF... Like many i had such high hopes when JT first came in as our coach. A lot was said in the media about his smart footy brain and tactical brilliance. Well I'm still waiting to see some of that.

AmericanHistoryX

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 24 May, 2015 10:06 pm

teach you a lesson about listening to the media tigermama

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Sun 24 May, 2015 10:14 pm

So is Our Captain...i noticed that Robbie isn't himself this season. Looks unhappy. He's probably bored senseless. :?

AmericanHistoryX

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 24 May, 2015 10:17 pm

probably because he's not running the show

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Sun 24 May, 2015 10:22 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:teach you a lesson about listening to the media tigermama

I only half listened AHX.. :lol:

AmericanHistoryX

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 24 May, 2015 10:24 pm

dont worry Tigermama - we're all in the same boat - one way or anothet

Tigersmurf
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Tigersmurf » Sun 24 May, 2015 10:37 pm

Very disappointed to lose to the Cows, particularly when they were so under strengthed.

I remember when we used to get towelled up. I remember when wests and balmain used to get towelled up. For the most part of my life these clubs, and now one club, has had a soft underbelly. Everyone got uptight when Johns confronted Robbie about it. It peeved me off but I new it was true.

Now we continue to lose, but I can handle that because that's what the club has always done. But now we aren't getting flogged even though we are still losing. We have all had a whinge about how the club needed to sack everyone and start fresh.....well this is it.

It's not pleasant but I think it is necessary. It will take more than ten weeks, likely more than 26 weeks, but it needs to happen. I am happy for JT to get rid of anyone in order to create a new culture of hard work rather than flamboyance. I hope the club sticks by him no matter what because someone has to do it.

AmericanHistoryX

Unread post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 24 May, 2015 10:41 pm

it wouldnt surprise me if cows win the comp this year

littletiger

Unread post by littletiger » Mon 25 May, 2015 8:32 am

The problem is when opposition put a good kick in then we do our four one out hit ups, we are not making any meters.

Teams with bigger forward back do the same and making more meters Canberra south's ect.. that's when the like likes of austin can make good plays .

Return to “Round 11: Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys”