''JT has the reigns on them for their own good''

GNR4LIFE

''JT has the reigns on them for their own good''

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 24 May, 2015 8:38 am

What a load of bollocks.

This has been said over and over ad nauseam this yr. And i'm not sticking it to the people saying that, cos they might be right, and if they are, the question you have to pose to JT is why? Most of these kids are 20, wouldn't it make life easier for them to bring them in and let them play their natural game so they can have an easier time settling in?

Lets take Sheens for example. Yes, he was losing his mind, but go back to 05. Could anyone imagine him telling Marshall he was under strict instructions to not flick pass or use his step? How far in the comp would we have gone that yr? I remember one game that yr at Cambo against the Raiders, Richards kicked off at the start of the game, kicked sideways and it went into touch a metre past the 40m line and we got the feed straight away. 05 was almost a muck around yr tbh. Its as if Sheens told them that the field was a blank canvas and that they could go out and create whatever art they wanted.

JT, on the other hand is like the cranky, boring old teacher making his art class paint portraits of wheat fields. He gives them nothing whatsoever, and its going to make it harder for them to settle in and if results keep going the way they are, it will kill their confidence.

Its obvious a guy like Moses is an instinctive player, why force structure on him? Would it kill JT just to give them a licence to play their natural game? We surely couldn't do any worse than we're doing now.

chickenkebabs

Post by chickenkebabs » Sun 24 May, 2015 8:53 am

What's the point of shoring up the defences if you are unable to score points?

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 9:14 am

I know we have all been patient for quite awhile now,the WTs defence is better than what it was....but now JT for the sake of the club,LET the kids loose,and let them play what's infront of them,what have we got to lose...one more game ,big deal at least if we get beat we at least will show some attacking flair and expansive footy..these kids will explode if they keep it bottled up....let them be free for a game their mentality depends on it ....and so does ours the great fans...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 24 May, 2015 9:22 am

The point is you can't win anything unless you have a strong defensive platform to launch from. I think this year and the last 10 years have showed us that. The Canberra game showed this, they wanted to play touch footy, lost control of the game and we lost again. Canberra knew that we didn't want to do the hard work.

JT is trying to change this. We need to show ourselves and other clubs that we can win games through our defence. Changing tack now aint gonna help us any.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 11:29 am

Surely there has to be some sort of compromise???

Defense ok, but u have to take risks to score points.

Where have our plays gone??

The inside kick to Teddy? Or the outside inside play??

We have one play, the big bomb which is soooo lame,watching Coote defuse it 50 times last night was just dreadful.

For a few mins Moses played some footy and we looked good and killed it.

Surely its time.....

the third

Post by the third » Sun 24 May, 2015 11:37 am

The focus on defence should only impact energy levels in attack, not stifle the whole thing. It's a risk aversion policy JT is using not a focus on defence.

Inside balls face balls, decoys and hole running should not be a risk for an NRL team.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 24 May, 2015 12:54 pm

I saw plenty of plays last night, I just didn't see them done well. Brooks threw an ordinary pass or two, plus Ave, Sue and Siro all spilled their guts at least once at the line. Taupau had his usual loose PTB.

Moses put on a few wide passes and that audacious chip... can you honestly say we didn't have a crack at times?

I understand the frustration with watching controlled, grinding footy, but do we really want to go back to being a team that chanced their hands 2-3 times per set? Because teams like Melbourne and Roosters do not do this, and it appears very difficult to coach it out of the Tigers.

I can even recall Potter saying the same thing last year, how he wanted the team to earn the right to throw it around, not just do it as default.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 24 May, 2015 1:03 pm

jirskyr wrote:I saw plenty of plays last night, I just didn't see them done well. Brooks threw an ordinary pass or two, plus Ave, Sue and Siro all spilled their guts at least once at the line. Taupau had his usual loose PTB.

Moses put on a few wide passes and that audacious chip... can you honestly say we didn't have a crack at times?

I understand the frustration with watching controlled, grinding footy, but do we really want to go back to being a team that chanced their hands 2-3 times per set? Because teams like Melbourne and Roosters do not do this, and it appears very difficult to coach it out of the Tigers.

I can even recall Potter saying the same thing last year, how he wanted the team to earn the right to throw it around, not just do it as default.
Spot on

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 1:08 pm

Im sorry but i guess we have been spoilt.....I dont wanna watch us play boring footy.

If they keep it up there will be 500 people on the hill next game.

Snooozefest 101.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 24 May, 2015 1:17 pm

simonthetiger wrote:Im sorry but i guess we have been spoilt.....I dont wanna watch us play boring footy.

If they keep it up there will be 500 people on the hill next game.

Snooozefest 101.
I don't think it is the long-term plan.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 24 May, 2015 1:49 pm

jirskyr wrote:I saw plenty of plays last night, I just didn't see them done well. Brooks threw an ordinary pass or two, plus Ave, Sue and Siro all spilled their guts at least once at the line. Taupau had his usual loose PTB.

Doesn't really belong in this thread at this time...sorry

Agree 110%...we created more opportunities to score tries than the Cowboys did...execution though...Nup

Gefense A+
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 24 May, 2015 1:52 pm

Geo. wrote:

Doesn't really belong in this thread at this time...sorry

Agree 110%...we created more opportunities to score tries than the Cowboys did...execution though...Nup

Gefense A+
Do we get any points for creating opportunities?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 24 May, 2015 2:02 pm

Of course not...the thread title says reigns them in for their own good,,,,,as jirstyr pointed out though there were opportunities created so I don't see how they were shackled...

What should they be doing differently?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 24 May, 2015 2:09 pm

Geo. wrote:Of course not...the thread title says reigns them in for their own good,,,,,as jirstyr pointed out though there were opportunities created so I don't see how they were shackled...

What should they be doing differently?
The only time they were throwing shots was when they were desperate. It got so bad even Taupau had to chip and chase, and he almost pulled it off.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 24 May, 2015 2:54 pm

Gees im agreeing with GNR.....the world has gone mad!

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sun 24 May, 2015 2:59 pm

Last night's game was the equivelant of watching paint dry. 4 hit ups, mid field bomb. 4 hit ups, mid field bomb.
The only time we looked exciting was when Moses broke free of the structured play and made a line break and offload to Brooks (which he consequently dropped in the tackle).
I think Im about done watching the Tigers this year.
FFS JT you have got to start dropping players who dont perform - Lawrence, Richards etc. Give the younger blokes a run and some experience, show you arent afraid to drop someone no matter who they are. I think people like Lawrence (aka butterfingers) think that they can just show up each week and put in a 60% performance and they'll still get paid. Well you can get kicked back to reserves until you show you deserve to be a first grader.
:brick: :brick: :brick:
Tigers tragic since 1980.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 24 May, 2015 9:30 pm

Agree, im all for a structure, but we are way too limited Until we are attacking.
It is very clear what the instructions are, I think they need some other plays to work up the field that will create the occasional opportunity.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 24 May, 2015 9:38 pm

we are an explosion waiting to happen - its frustrating

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"