''JT has the reigns on them for their own good''

supercoach
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 74 times

Re: ''JT has the reigns on them for their own good''

Unread post by supercoach » Mon 25 May, 2015 4:15 pm

Most teams play the same grind structure, but they mix it up a bit, the odd offload,plenty of guys running good lines supporting the ball carrier. They actually give them self a chance of making a line break. The only chance we have is if the full back drops the bomb and that usually lands between 30m and 25m out from the other teams try line, so even than they still have space to recover from a error.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 25 May, 2015 4:34 pm

Tony33 wrote:Unfortunately I don't think JT is working to make us play better. At the moment I think he is trying to change the Wests Tigers culture first and foremost.

That is why he is focusing so much on our defence and totally neglecting our attack, which means we will continue to play a one dimensional attacking game until he thinks it's time to place some importance on our attacking structures.

I think he will continue to hammer this culture change into the young players (with only 2-3 players still influenced by our previous regime and their flamboyance first culture) until he is happy with that and our defence first mind-set. Then I am assuming he will move into the attacking side of things.

I don't agree with it at all because I think it's hindering our inexperienced players development but that is the way he seems to be going and judging by his post match comments I don't think he is worried if it takes all season.

It could be another long and dour year for us Tiger supporters.

If there are any footy Gods, surely they're plotting something special for us long suffering Tigers fans very very very soon.
Here's a novel idea,
Why not tell the players to play to the 'structure' that the Coach wants or get dropped........oh thats right this WESTS Tigers

Gary Bakerloo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 25 May, 2015 8:46 pm

Just putting it out there, St. George won a competition based on defence and ran the same backline move for three seasons straight.

gallagher
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 47 times

Unread post by gallagher » Mon 25 May, 2015 9:02 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:Just putting it out there, St. George won a competition based on defence and ran the same backline move for three seasons straight.

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Tue 26 May, 2015 8:44 am

Apparently Stirlo and Joey were questioning JTs tactics on Mmm yesterday. So JT rang in to defend his style of play.
They played the audio on the Matty Johns show.
For the record Matty Johns defended Taylor , which surprised me
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

BALMAINIAC

Unread post by BALMAINIAC » Tue 26 May, 2015 12:09 pm

I prefer going for a team trying to win than trying not to lose. Keeping a depleted team to one try as a benchmark I think is a poor target for any team.

Also I love the first line of this thread - over and over ad nauseum. Thanks Rex, brings back great RL memories.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

TIGER
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by TIGER » Wed 27 May, 2015 2:24 pm

Im sure JTs reasoning is, if you let the kids throw it around sure we might score a few more points but it will mostly lead to turnovers which will only put increased pressure on our already weak defence. So he's given them a simple game plan to execute so we can focus on being in every game and giving ourselves a chance, then the kids can have a crack and win the game for us, he knows he's got the weaponry there but if were not in range to use it then they're a waste, his simple game plan is his attemt to keep us in range. Thats the way i see it anyway.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 187 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Wed 27 May, 2015 2:32 pm

Bingo Tiger...completions and defence

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Wed 27 May, 2015 4:05 pm

TIGER wrote:Im sure JTs reasoning is, if you let the kids throw it around sure we might score a few more points but it will mostly lead to turnovers which will only put increased pressure on our already weak defence. So he's given them a simple game plan to execute so we can focus on being in every game and giving ourselves a chance, then the kids can have a crack and win the game for us, he knows he's got the weaponry there but if were not in range to use it then they're a waste, his simple game plan is his attemt to keep us in range. Thats the way i see it anyway.
Looking at the way most of our backline has been playing lately I think that Taylor is deluding himself if he thinks we have the weaponry to use in case the opposition make a mistake.

Return to “Round 11: Wests Tigers vs North Queensland Cowboys”