Captain Woods

Cultured Bogan

Re: Captain Woods

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 9:57 am

supercoach wrote:In the NRL today has a captain a significant role to play or are they just symbolic??? When I look at a player like Cameron Smith, I think it is so important to have leadership but I think most teams today are lead by the waterboy who is running instructions,calling future plays and geeing up the team.

Anyway if you go by the old formula and give the C job to the best player, Woods was the standout and I hope he can make a difference, by god we need it
Trainers give more guidance than on field captains, as evidenced with how often they spend time on the pitch.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Juro

Post by Juro » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 3:00 pm

Here's hoping that Woods pulls out a very special performance as captain, especially playing at his beloved oval...
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Justo

Post by Justo » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 4:38 pm

He's certain now to kick the winning field goal with the big © next to his name.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 5:16 pm

An inspired choice. Make it permanent.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 7:00 pm

I don't see him with the personality to be a captain. Feel sorry for Halatau. Maybe i'm bias cos he's one of my all time fave players, but given what he's achieved for the club and the fact he's a club legend, i thought he would have deserved another go.

As far as the long term goes, i think Brooks is a better option than Woods to replace Farah.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 8:34 pm

Wonder if that means Woods will play the 80 ??

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 8:42 pm

happy tiger wrote:Wonder if that means Woods will play the 80 ??
Does James Graham....?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 8:44 pm

Geo. wrote:
Does James Graham....?
But he is a soft Pom Geo , big difference

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 8:49 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Does James Graham....?
But he is a soft Pom Geo , big difference
He could also do a Ben Creagh and captain them from the Bench....Playing 80min is not a requirement for being named Captain....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 11:49 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:I don't see him with the personality to be a captain. Feel sorry for Halatau. Maybe i'm bias cos he's one of my all time fave players, but given what he's achieved for the club and the fact he's a club legend, i thought he would have deserved another go.

As far as the long term goes, i think Brooks is a better option than Woods to replace Farah.
Brooks seems to be a polite and quite young man. Not sure that the Captaincy would suit him. But that may change in years to come, if he remains at the club.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 11:56 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
supercoach wrote:In the NRL today has a captain a significant role to play or are they just symbolic??? When I look at a player like Cameron Smith, I think it is so important to have leadership but I think most teams today are lead by the waterboy who is running instructions,calling future plays and geeing up the team.

Anyway if you go by the old formula and give the C job to the best player, Woods was the standout and I hope he can make a difference, by god we need it
Trainers give more guidance than on field captains, as evidenced with how often they spend time on the pitch.
The trainers remind me of preschool teachers. Always running after the kids, talking, guiding, encouraging, yelling. :lol:

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Thu 04 Jun, 2015 10:07 am

Congratulations to Aaron Woods ....... a fine achievement and throughly deserved.

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Thu 04 Jun, 2015 12:12 pm

Worth noting that Lawrence has been leap frogged for the captaincy also.

Can't argue with the decision. Woods is a S.O.O and Australian rep, local junior and always leads by example on the field. Can't wait to see his big cheesy grin when he leads them out. He'll be pumped!

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu 04 Jun, 2015 1:09 pm

Well done to Woodsy. I think JT will use these opportunities to give a few of the new brigade a go at captain. Long term, I reckon Mitchell Moses will lead the team on the park!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Snake

Post by Snake » Thu 04 Jun, 2015 6:31 pm

He would command some respect , well done and maybe what the team needs a team player?

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 7:44 am

Knuckles wrote:Congratulations to Aaron Woods ....... a fine achievement and throughly deserved.

Well said Knuckles...I think it is the end result for all the hard work and good ethics Woods has achieved....I hope he leads the team with gusto and enthusiasm...good luck to the man...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 8:57 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Knuckles wrote:Congratulations to Aaron Woods ....... a fine achievement and throughly deserved.

Well said Knuckles...I think it is the end result for all the hard work and good ethics Woods has achieved....I hope he leads the team with gusto and enthusiasm...good luck to the man...

Logical choice for the man of the moment. Congrats 2040

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 9:06 am

Sorry but i just havent seen any leadership or ownership in him at all, just a knock around bloke who is talented.

Was one of two players seen laughing and joking minutes before full time after Canberra came back and destroyed us at Leichhardt last time.

The person who told me that story left after this incident in disgust, she has never left a game early, ever.

If that kind of behavior is rewarded or classed as captains material well this club is as screwed as most are saying.