WESTS Tigers Team V Titans...

Tiger In The Gong

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Titans...

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 02 Jun, 2015 7:31 pm

Milky wrote:how tf is buchanan ahead of Lodge?

this teams utter crap

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Agreed, there is no way in hell Buchanan is a better option than Lodge.

From what i can see the fall guy for our team not being able to score a point is Lodge.


User avatar
Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by Defiant » Tue 02 Jun, 2015 7:35 pm

Lodge really ran across field last game hence his punishment.

Nofo was a liability at centre last up as well but i remember him killing it at centre in the u20's team with Koro outside him so there is hope.

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7957
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 02 Jun, 2015 7:42 pm

Why is there so much hatred? Thought this is the best team we can name. KG hasn't played for about a month or so maybe he is being eased in? Also sue has killed it and JT thought he deserves a starting spot?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Tue 02 Jun, 2015 8:54 pm

Nors05 wrote:Our backline is beyond s*** without Simona, we need a proven FG right centre ASAP
- Nofo is a winger. He is a winger. He is a winger. I don't know how else to put it.
....
Sironen and Lawrence have potential to be very very good back rowers but still unproven.

It is clear that we need to sign the following for 2016:
1 Centre
2 Back rowers
1 Bench impact prop
I am not really concerned about props as I think we have a lot of them. I also think that our backrow may come good. Our outside backs though need a massive injection of speed. I think we need a new winger and centre on the left side. I think that is the massive priority and everything else is basically way down the list.
Last edited by stevetiger on Tue 02 Jun, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
VanillaThunder
Member
Member
Posts: 967
Joined: Mon 18 Jul, 2011 12:57 am
Location: Perth, WA

Post by VanillaThunder » Tue 02 Jun, 2015 9:11 pm

With no Lovett in the NSW Cup team it looks like it'll be Buchanan, Lodge and Cherrington fighting it out for one spot, and after the Brooks-at-9 debacle last week, you wouldn't think Taylor would look much further than Manaia.
I'd prefer Lodge over Lovett for impact, but I agree he has some things in his game to work on and that could be best served down a grade.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0


User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32436
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Tue 02 Jun, 2015 9:44 pm

Kul wrote:interesting bench
My thoughts exactly. I'd be dropping Lovett for Lodge personally.

MAFIA
Member
Member
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:47 am

Post by MAFIA » Tue 02 Jun, 2015 10:38 pm

Wats with the fascination with sirro in the 2nd row week in week out he is HOPELESS

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7932
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Tue 02 Jun, 2015 11:00 pm

I dunno, I think he at his best is probably a gun, but the way the side is playing is just not really allowing anyone to show much brilliance aside from Tedesco and the wingers from time to time. In attack we have throw it out the back to Tedesco and see if he can throw the right cut out pass or barge over, and that's about it. Otherwise, hit ups and kick.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28341
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Tue 02 Jun, 2015 11:26 pm

Wow never seen such angst in a Tuesday Team thread since well...well when Sheens use to have his obligatory Winger on the Bench...My guess is Galloway won't be ready and Lodge and Cherrington will come in with Buchanan dropping of as he did against the Cows...

Expect Changes,,, ;)
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39591
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 02 Jun, 2015 11:33 pm

stevetiger wrote:
Nors05 wrote:Our backline is beyond s*** without Simona, we need a proven FG right centre ASAP
- Nofo is a winger. He is a winger. He is a winger. I don't know how else to put it.
....
Sironen and Lawrence have potential to be very very good back rowers but still unproven.

It is clear that we need to sign the following for 2016:
1 Centre
2 Back rowers
1 Bench impact prop
I am not really concerned about props as I think we have a lot of them. I also think that our backrow may come good. Our outside backs though need a massive injection of speed. I think we need a new winger and centre on the left side. I think that is the massive priority and everything else is basically way down the list.
We could send them down the Cross for the speed , but I'm worried they might fail any drug tests

Its pretty unconventional Steve , but if you think it might help , well what the hell

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 7:53 am

happy tiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
Nors05 wrote:Our backline is beyond s*** without Simona, we need a proven FG right centre ASAP
- Nofo is a winger. He is a winger. He is a winger. I don't know how else to put it.
....
Sironen and Lawrence have potential to be very very good back rowers but still unproven.

It is clear that we need to sign the following for 2016:
1 Centre
2 Back rowers
1 Bench impact prop
I am not really concerned about props as I think we have a lot of them. I also think that our backrow may come good. Our outside backs though need a massive injection of speed. I think we need a new winger and centre on the left side. I think that is the massive priority and everything else is basically way down the list.
We could send them down the Cross for the speed , but I'm worried they might fail any drug tests

Its pretty unconventional Steve , but if you think it might help , well what the hell
Put it this way - its not going to hurt is it.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17318
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 9:31 am

I'm not averse to Keithy being named on the bench. It will stop our best three in the middle all being off the paddock at one time, which is usually when we get rolled in the middle stanza of the game.

What I'd have gone for:

1 James Tedesco
3 David Nofoaluma
2 Kevin Naiqama
4 Delouise Hoeter
5 Pat Richards
6 Mitchell Moses
7 Luke Brooks
13 Martin Taupau
8 Sauaso Sue
11 Curtis Sironen
19 Matthew Lodge
9 Dene Halatau
8 Aaron Woods

Interchange
12 Chris Lawrence
14 Ava Seumanufagai
15 Keith Galloway
18 Manaia Cherrington
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 2028
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by larrycorowa » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 4:36 pm

Nofo will make a good centre with a bit of playing experience.

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 2028
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by larrycorowa » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 4:40 pm

We need a backrower on the bench in case of injuries. Lawrence shifts to backline and need a new second rower, Lovett is the man and better suited to coming off the bench to provide some impact.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6852
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 4:48 pm

larrycorowa wrote:We need a backrower on the bench in case of injuries. Lawrence shifts to backline and need a new second rower, Lovett is the man and better suited to coming off the bench to provide some impact.

I would never have thought the word of impact could be connected with Lovett, busy,hard working but never impact, well not at this stage of his footy career

User avatar
VanillaThunder
Member
Member
Posts: 967
Joined: Mon 18 Jul, 2011 12:57 am
Location: Perth, WA

Post by VanillaThunder » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 4:58 pm

larrycorowa wrote:We need a backrower on the bench in case of injuries. Lawrence shifts to backline and need a new second rower, Lovett is the man and better suited to coming off the bench to provide some impact.
Lovett could barely break out of a wet paper bag. We've got two perfectly good second rowers in Sue and Taupau, so more props on the bench could easily accommodate a reshuffle while keeping the punch.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

User avatar
Flippedy
Member
Member
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Post by Flippedy » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 6:15 pm

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:My take,

1 Tedesco
2 Nofoaluma
3 Naiqama
4 Hoeter
5 Richards
6 Moses
7 Brooks
8 Woods
9 Cherrington
19 Seumanufagai
11 Sue
12 Funaki
13 Santi

Interchange
14 Taupau
14 Lodge
15 Galloway
10 Akuaola
I haven't seen anything of the lower grades so far this season - how is Akaoula going? I had high hopes for him after his impressive runs with the first grade team last season, yet he hasn't been sighted this year. Has his form slipped or is he just being overlooked?
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3435
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 7:11 pm

You can't sugercoat It really, the team is plain ordinary. its like the mid week horses you send around at Warwick farm every week. With right run, and the right conditions it could lob but 9 times out of 10 it will be outclassed.

A lot of plodders going around every week. The kids were worth getting excited about however there confidence looks shot to bits at the minute. The Titans at 2.20 look the bet of the season to be honest.

Post Reply