Can We Win.

Tiger In The Gong

Can We Win.

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 02 Jun, 2015 7:42 pm

I think we will beat the Titans. The team will be focused and keen to bounce back after some average performances.

They've had some time in a mini camp, no doubt a truth session so i expect a very clinical and structured performance and an 80 minute effort. Cant see the Titans liking that style of game.

In saying that though ill be judging this team and where they stand this season on the next four or five weeks. Everything is telling me we are in trouble, one game wont fix it. The next month or so will tell us what we need to know about Jason Taylor and if he has the ability to improve this playing group.

28-16

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Snake » Tue 02 Jun, 2015 7:44 pm

:o

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 02 Jun, 2015 7:52 pm

I don't think a win is as important as a change of tactics. If we lose playing our natural game i don't think too many people would be disappointed. I know i wouldn't.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Tue 02 Jun, 2015 8:45 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:I don't think a win is as important as a change of tactics. If we lose playing our natural game i don't think too many people would be disappointed. I know i wouldn't.
Agreed. I just want to see us competing and moving forward. I don't want to see another game of poor football and Taylor blaming previous coaches and players.

I also think we can win.

cunno

Unread post by cunno » Tue 02 Jun, 2015 8:56 pm

Wests Tigers are capable of winning this game, having said that, so are the Titans. Given both teams have the ability, it will come down to preparation, each coaches tactics and the mental willingness and motivation of either team to implement and a determination to win. I am going to the game hoping for the best but unsure of what our team and coach will deliver.

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 02 Jun, 2015 8:59 pm

Good luck to those going to the game. I might think they can win this game but it will be a long long time before i put myself through that again.

supercoach
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Tue 02 Jun, 2015 9:16 pm

It will be similar to the corresponding game last year at LO. Titans will smoke us out wide. They just have way to much flair and speed for our mob.

We will come out blazing, but lots of slow legs will be found wanting, Don and Roberts to bag a double.Love to think we could out grind them, but they will not get themself into a arm wrestle and go wide early and often. High scoring game, but the Coast 13 plus for me

yeti
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by yeti » Tue 02 Jun, 2015 9:42 pm

I just can't see where this team can win a game. I'm sure they'll jag a win or two before season's end, but I sure as hell can't pick them against anyone right now except MAYBE the Sharks.

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by willow » Tue 02 Jun, 2015 9:49 pm

I think it will be close either way. Brooks and Moses really need to aim up in this game.

greatodensraven
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 9:35 am

Given our current form/tactics we need to change a lot to win any game.

I would love to see us go out there on fri night & actually play to win rather than trying not to lose. Sure 2 points is 2 points but i don't think we have what it takes to win games solely off our defence as yet.

I'd love to see the likes of Brooks, Moses, Teddy & Cherrington be allowed to take advantage of any inroads our forwards make as in the first 20 mins of the Canberra game. Play with aggression/line-speed in defence & spark in attack.

supercoach

Unread post by supercoach » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 10:28 am

greatodensraven wrote:Given our current form/tactics we need to change a lot to win any game.

I would love to see us go out there on fri night & actually play to win rather than trying not to lose. Sure 2 points is 2 points but i don't think we have what it takes to win games solely off our defence as yet.

I'd love to see the likes of Brooks, Moses, Teddy & Cherrington be allowed to take advantage of any inroads our forwards make as in the first 20 mins of the Canberra game. Play with aggression/line-speed in defence & spark in attack.
Easier said than done without Farah. Big ask for Cherrington to come into dummy half and get things going in his first big game and our other options at dummy half are laboriously slow and predictable

WTDiehard
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by WTDiehard » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 11:11 am

If we play the crappy stuff we have been over the past 5-6 weeks.....NO CHANCE.

I watched the Titans in their last match....they were very good considering they are only completing about 50% of their sets in recent matches. But they were very sharp in attack....esp James Roberts.

Mark my words.....we come out with that soft cXck stuff again this week.......we will lose easily.

Magpie Ryan

Unread post by Magpie Ryan » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 11:33 am

Its really hard to know where the team is at the moment.Sure we can win it , we are more than capable but who knows...
It would be nice to see some points this week,I think I would be happier losing a free flowing,balanced 80 mins than winning another slug fest by a couple of points...

The Titans backline is of concern, they are looking good.

See you at leichhardt.

The Tooth

Unread post by The Tooth » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 1:10 pm

Don't know where the ideas of a change of structure/tactics comes from. Everything tells me Taylor will be stubborn and persist with the same game plan.

I think its up to the players to prove they can concentrate heavily on a defensive game and still score points. They really need to get the ball out wider to Moses more often to find some space.

Its just so hard to be confident in the team at the moment, but whilst the Titans speed out wide is a concern, I think the Leichardt factor and Woods captaining will get us a win.

everett

Unread post by everett » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 1:18 pm

Can we win - answer is yes in a two horse race.

Will we win is tougher question given our current form and Titans played well last week in patches.

James Roberts concerns me for the Titans plus our bench looks so weak.

Like Galloway on the bench and Sue starting. good move
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 2:44 pm

If the coach and team don't wake up to the sub-standard fare they have been serving in the past weeks we can still win (the wooden spoon).

supercoach

Unread post by supercoach » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 3:07 pm

To win we have to score more points than them, they are a very fast team and they play to their strength, and that is to attack. So my question is, where are our points going to come from????I would love to think we have a chance, but you just do not come out playing attacking football after weeks of having nothing to offer in attack.

The days of LO being a fortress are long gone, we are just as vulnerable there as any other ground

Justo

Unread post by Justo » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 4:40 pm

This week could be our turning point for the season. Or it could be another week.

Return to “Round 13: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”