How many expected at Leichhardt Oval?

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5690
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: How many expected at Leichhardt Oval?

Post by gallagher » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 6:11 pm

simonthetiger wrote:Titans v tigers at ANZ last Friday??

5k fo sho!
Plus $100k


User avatar
simonthetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3404
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 6:15 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5690
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 6:36 pm

That's as good as any argument you could come up with for playing at LO

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5690
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 7:21 pm

GWS got a bigger crowd than us this weekend. Against a qld team too. Guess what? They play or of a stadium!

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3586
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 7:26 pm

I went to aw GWS game last year were they got about 4K, at the same stadium

The team is now winning, hence bigger crowds.


gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5690
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 7:30 pm

Would their crowds be increasing if they played out of Henson park?

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3586
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 7:48 pm

yes

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5690
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 7:51 pm

Eddie wrote:yes
Really? I'd say bugger that and head off to the scg next time to see the swans. Especially if i was a sponsor

Ed Reschs
Member
Member
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Ed Reschs » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 7:57 pm

gallagher wrote:
angry ant wrote:All this talk of the Tigers missing out on $100k is laughable. Mayer himself quoted this week in response to a question stated that Campbo only members are 2200 and Leichhardt 3500. Lets do the numbers in regards to Leichhardt, cheapest Adult package for Leichhardt membership is $86 for gen admin, kids $56 and premium $139. So on average lets assume its the $86 x 3500 = $301,000 for 4 games.
The prev game at Leichhardt attracted over 13,000 and would have made the club somewhere around $200-$300k (lets assume 10000 tickets sold at $25 each = $250k + merch, sponsors, corporate packages).

So they move all games to ANZ, how many Leichhardt/Campbo members only would upgrade to ANZ? I couldn't imagine too many. How long then until ANZ drop the hire fee they pay to a club that attracts a few thousand to a home game? What will be the financial cost in losing the areas of Balmain and Campbelltown with no connection to a community other than a couple of coaching clinics run by injured/lower grade players or open training sessions only run on weekdays?

If that exact game was played at ANZ on Friday night with the same circumstances of an underperforming team against the Titans what would the crowd have been, 2000-3000 maybe?? Possibly a few extra ANZ members who contribute no funds to the club and a whole bunch of free tickets! There are also game day costs of playing a game at ANZ. What percentage of merchandise sales sold at the venue go to ANZ? Surely also the Wests Tigers game day staff/cheerleaders/merchandise/security don't work for free...
About your figures on the profit at LO. Successive CEO's have stated we need to get around 12,000 to a game to break even. Why would they lie about that? Your figures dont even take into costs of staging the event.
About getting 2000 to ANZ. Go and have a look at our lowest drawing crowds. ALL of then have been at LO or CSS.
Now, who are the biggest,strongest clubs in Sydney? Those that play out of crap holes or those who play out of stadiums?
Dogs play out of ANZ due to necessity. Belmore holds 12-15,000 capacity. full stop otherwise they'd be at belmore still.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5690
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 8:07 pm

Utter crap

User avatar
kafta
Member
Member
Posts: 1847
Joined: Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:07 pm

Post by kafta » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 8:08 pm

Why don't we play cowboys, storm ,titans ,raiders and all other out of town teams at ANZ.
TO make the numbers low at LO & CSS to help their agenda of moving to ANZ full time no doubt.
Give us a winning team & the crowds will be back.

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3586
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 8:09 pm

Look its a pretty strong argument you have. We can't continue to lose money on home games,

I was more coming in to just try an balance the facts about small crowds. ANZ get to pick the highest drawing games and rightly so.

However if we were playing the Titan at ANZ on Friday, there would have been less then 7K in my opinion or maybe about the same.

You won't agree i know.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5690
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 8:16 pm

Eddie wrote:Look its a pretty strong argument you have. We can't continue to lose money on home games,

I was more coming in to just try an balance the facts about small crowds. ANZ get to pick the highest drawing games and rightly so.

However if we were playing the Titan at ANZ on Friday, there would have been less then 7K in my opinion or maybe about the same.

You won't agree i know.
We're both guessing and we'll never know what the crowd would have been. Probably not much difference at either ground I'll admit. But it's got me astounded that some fans are happy with copping a financial loss with the current state of the club and roster.

Knuckles
Member
Member
Posts: 2811
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Knuckles » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 8:38 pm

The NRL have control of our board .... I'm sure if moving to ANZ is the panacea to our financial woes it would happen sooner rather than later. As far as I know, next year and beyond is the same allocation as this year.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5690
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 8:48 pm

Knuckles wrote:The NRL have control of our board .... I'm sure if moving to ANZ is the panacea to our financial woes it would happen sooner rather than later. As far as I know, next year and beyond is the same allocation as this year.
True. If it doesn't happen next year it never will.

User avatar
simonthetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3404
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 9:37 pm

I wonder how long ANZ will cough up 100k for when we are playing the titans there and get 6k??

Not too long i would reckon.....and then there is the supporters that would just stop goin.....i wouldnt be goin to games if they are all at ANZ,i will be watching at home on tele.....there goes one membership,i wonder how many more??

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5690
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 9:50 pm

I thought you were sleeping

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5230
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 8:56 am

gallagher wrote:
angry ant wrote:All this talk of the Tigers missing out on $100k is laughable. Mayer himself quoted this week in response to a question stated that Campbo only members are 2200 and Leichhardt 3500. Lets do the numbers in regards to Leichhardt, cheapest Adult package for Leichhardt membership is $86 for gen admin, kids $56 and premium $139. So on average lets assume its the $86 x 3500 = $301,000 for 4 games.
The prev game at Leichhardt attracted over 13,000 and would have made the club somewhere around $200-$300k (lets assume 10000 tickets sold at $25 each = $250k + merch, sponsors, corporate packages).

So they move all games to ANZ, how many Leichhardt/Campbo members only would upgrade to ANZ? I couldn't imagine too many. How long then until ANZ drop the hire fee they pay to a club that attracts a few thousand to a home game? What will be the financial cost in losing the areas of Balmain and Campbelltown with no connection to a community other than a couple of coaching clinics run by injured/lower grade players or open training sessions only run on weekdays?

If that exact game was played at ANZ on Friday night with the same circumstances of an underperforming team against the Titans what would the crowd have been, 2000-3000 maybe?? Possibly a few extra ANZ members who contribute no funds to the club and a whole bunch of free tickets! There are also game day costs of playing a game at ANZ. What percentage of merchandise sales sold at the venue go to ANZ? Surely also the Wests Tigers game day staff/cheerleaders/merchandise/security don't work for free...
About your figures on the profit at LO. Successive CEO's have stated we need to get around 12,000 to a game to break even. Why would they lie about that? Your figures dont even take into costs of staging the event.
About getting 2000 to ANZ. Go and have a look at our lowest drawing crowds. ALL of then have been at LO or CSS.
Now, who are the biggest,strongest clubs in Sydney? Those that play out of crap holes or those who play out of stadiums?
The ones that are winning games!!!! Doesn't matter where they play.

Post Reply