Congratulations Nathan Milone

Droppy

Re: Congratulations Nathan Milone

Unread post by Droppy » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 11:38 pm

Young boys playing above their ability. Like our halves, they are not first grade material at this stage. The y to play Metro & gain expierence & toughness.

jirskyr
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 133 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 12:35 am

Alf Duguid wrote:Sorry was ordinary. Was blowing hard after 5 minutes

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Aye he was struggling, they put Naiqama to centres at times.

Not the best look when your call-up debutant has a heavily strapped left knee.

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 1:01 am

He was awful. Well maybe not awful but extremely average. I've seen him play something like 20-30 times now and not once has he looked anything even above average. He's slow, small and not overly gifted in any aspect of the game.

It would have been better to play Lovett, Liolevave or Funaki in the centres. Heck even Seve without much experience is at least an attacking threat. It doesn't matter how nice he is or how hard he trains. He didn't deserve a first grade spot yet and his deficiencies were obvious.

A year or two in state cup and who knows.

Hoeter has been a winger or fullback all his career, suddenly out of necessity we make him a centre, which he's not.

king sirro
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 8:31 am

Congratulations Nathan on a solid debut. The fightback from all the injuries must have finally been worth it (until u come on here and read this). Unlucky to not get 2 tries on debut and at times I thought looked ok in attack. More of a Matt Gidley type attacking centre where he has a nice little bit off footwork one on one but not overly quick.

Defensively my issue is that he is a very low tackler but doesn't get himself into a good enough position to put solid contact on sometimes, so he slips off the tackles, or if he doesn't slip off he only just hangs on and they land on there belly with minimal contact so the play the balls are lightning quick. If he can work on being in a better body position in defence it will go a long way.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by willow » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 8:37 am

happy tiger wrote:
ryanda01 wrote:
willow wrote:I've never rated him and tonight did nothing to change my mind.
That's the first negative thing I can recall willow saying. And tend to have to agree.

What ??

Willow has had his cranky pants on all night
Just being realistic, we sucked and Milone is not an NRL quality centre.

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 8:49 am

willow wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
ryanda01 wrote:
willow wrote:I've never rated him and tonight did nothing to change my mind.
That's the first negative thing I can recall willow saying. And tend to have to agree.

What ??

Willow has had his cranky pants on all night
Just being realistic, we sucked and Milone is not an NRL quality centre.
Ok so you had your reality pants on , but you can't base your judgement on one performance

He got little quality ball and the one time he did he scored , imo JT should of dragged Lovett for that , that was brain dead footy , he didn't have any reason to run to Sezers outside shoulder :brick:

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 9:38 am

He went ok.
He is IMO of limited talent, but did his bet and didn't let us down.
Hoeter on the other hand, was very poor .

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 9:49 am

Hoeter and Milone don't appear to be first grade standard.

diedpretty
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 10:28 am

How was the obstruction his fault - that was Lovett who didn't have the nouse to run on the inside shoulder. Milone still had to work hard to get over the line.

Russell
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 124 times

Unread post by Russell » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 11:15 am

Balmain Boy wrote:He was awful. Well maybe not awful but extremely average. I've seen him play something like 20-30 times now and not once has he looked anything even above average. He's slow, small and not overly gifted in any aspect of the game.

It would have been better to play Lovett, Liolevave or Funaki in the centres. Heck even Seve without much experience is at least an attacking threat. It doesn't matter how nice he is or how hard he trains. He didn't deserve a first grade spot yet and his deficiencies were obvious.

A year or two in state cup and who knows.

Hoeter has been a winger or fullback all his career, suddenly out of necessity we make him a centre, which he's not.
Then being the good people we are - we crucify him for it. He was not good in defense last night but he did not choose to be a centre.

Russell
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 124 times

Unread post by Russell » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 11:17 am

pacman wrote:
fergiefurr wrote:Both centres were terrible. Neither stuck to. Tackle all night.

Hoeter can be a good first grade winger IMO. He is great under the high ball and has solid dummy half runs. A center he will never be.

Milone was bog average, not really his fault as Simona, nofo, fine, Lulia and moltzen are all injured and probably ahead of him in the pecking order. Also he has played left center his entire career, don't know why they didn't just play hoeter there.
Neither will make it. George Rose is quicker than Hoeter. We don't need any more slow outside backs. Putting up with Richards the slug is about enough.
Looking forward to a positive comment one day Pacman. Hope I live long enough to read it.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 11:20 am

diedpretty wrote:How was the obstruction his fault - that was Lovett who didn't have the nouse to run on the inside shoulder. Milone still had to work hard to get over the line.
Completely agree.

Fumbles

Unread post by Fumbles » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 12:05 pm

Goose wrote:This surprises me greatly.

He has proved me wrong. Good on him.

The report has always been he is a terrific kid who does all the little things right. He is good to see them succeed.

Im glad Irvine is banned, he would be giving it to me with both barrel for saying he wouldn't make it.
I think Malone proved you right. He doesn't look anything like an NRL centre, very very average.

Goose why aren't you doing our recruiting ?

Juro
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Juro » Tue 09 Jun, 2015 10:12 pm

I really don't understand the obstruction ruling. Our player runs through the line, and the Titans player steps to his side and tackles him without the ball. The Titans player made an error, but gets rewarded with a penalty?
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Return to “Round 13: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”