Positives

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Positives

Unread post by Flippedy » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 9:48 pm

I thought I'd start a 'positives' thread because I've never done so before.

I could only really find 2 - Chris Lawrence has found his calling in the second row and we scored 20 points!!! There ya go, something to hang ya hats on :lol:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

shakey4d
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by shakey4d » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 9:52 pm

We threw more one pass per play....

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 9:53 pm

I think that there were some positives. We actually had a go once we were behind.

I also thought Lawrence, Tedesco, Brooks, Moses, Halatau and Taupau were really good.

liltiger

Unread post by liltiger » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 9:58 pm

Only positive I can think of is we have one game less to play under Taylor. Can't wIt till we punt the dropkick.

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Snake » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 10:03 pm

THERE IS NO POSITIVES!

krissy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by krissy » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 10:05 pm

Lawrence had a great game. Moses seemed to have more confidence and made some courageous tackles. Teddy made some nice runs. Taupau was a machine as usual. Halatau played well.
A couple of negatives, Sue's tackle being put on report, call me one eyed but I thought there was nothing reportable in that tackle. Am I the only one that wants to cry every time they see Woods and Taupau on the bench at the same time? Seriously just stop taking them both off at the same time.

sideline eye
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by sideline eye » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 10:06 pm

The second half is the way that they are being coached to play. When the team does this they are fairly formidable and will be even better when we get our full first grade side on the field, although the youngsters , I thought, were pretty good tonight. Cherrington is clearly up to first grade standard and I can see him rotating with Robbie from next year. Milone did a good job as a last minute replacement and the defence of our halves continues to improve with Moses defending James really well.

We didn't lose this game in the forwards, rather it was the left side defence in the first half. I see good things ahead and I'll be patient but I do expect finals football next year.

Coasttiger

Unread post by Coasttiger » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 10:06 pm

It wasn't raining. Imagine how few the crowd would have been then.

Also we played football for 10 mins!

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 10:11 pm

Snake wrote:THERE IS NO POSITIVES!
-

Come on Snakey boy there's always at least 1 - did you go to the game?

littletiger

Unread post by littletiger » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 10:21 pm

I thought Malone was really good too and looked like he belonged there

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 10:25 pm

No Problems driving out of Leichardt Tonight :mrgreen:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Snake » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 10:26 pm

Flippedy wrote:
-

No.... but the unfortunate thing we will be attending next week as we are members at ANZ can not wait.

pacman

Unread post by pacman » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 10:28 pm

littletiger wrote:I thought Malone was really good too and looked like he belonged there
You've got to be joking. If your definition of really good is 8 runs for 59 meters with 4 missed tackles out of 15 then we have some serious issues. He was poor and sluggish at best - slightly better than Hoeter who was terrible.

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 10:33 pm

Snake wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
-

No.... but the unfortunate thing we will be attending next week as we are members at ANZ can not wait.
Well there's a positive right there! :mrgreen: Not so sure about next week though :roll:

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 10:36 pm

pacman wrote:
littletiger wrote:I thought Malone was really good too and looked like he belonged there
You've got to be joking. If your definition of really good is 8 runs for 59 meters with 4 missed tackles out of 15 then we have some serious issues. He was poor and sluggish at best - slightly better than Hoeter who was terrible.
Totally agree. I'm not writing the guy off but we need a lot better than that. Our outside backs excluding Tedesco showed nothing tonight. We need some speed and explosiveness there a.s.a.p.

Our best outside back excluding Tedesco is at this point Naiqama. I have no issues with Naiqama but he is never going to be a gun. He is always going to be a role player in the team but he is our explosive outside back.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 10:42 pm

krissy wrote:Lawrence had a great game. Moses seemed to have more confidence and made some courageous tackles. Teddy made some nice runs. Taupau was a machine as usual. Halatau played well.
A couple of negatives, Sue's tackle being put on report, call me one eyed but I thought there was nothing reportable in that tackle. Am I the only one that wants to cry every time they see Woods and Taupau on the bench at the same time? Seriously just stop taking them both off at the same time.
I have no problem with the penalty on sue's tackle , or on the report.
My problem is the inconsistency that it's applied

I want to see No contact at all , with the head , or neck, Careless , deliberate or accidental, I don't care which, and the onus should be on the tackler to make sure that he doesn't make contact
I believe that that was what was brought in a fair while back., but we are back where most tackles are some sort of contact with the neck or head, whether with an arm around the throat from behind , or the new one tonight that Miles used where he had both hands on one players head and used that to stop the player
There's no excuse for using a head or neck in a tackle at all. I'd just wish they'd get serious about this and be consistent with their rulings

shakey4d
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by shakey4d » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 10:47 pm

Back on the positives.... cherrington went ok and will be better for the experience.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 10:53 pm

sideline eye wrote:The second half is the way that they are being coached to play. When the team does this they are fairly formidable and will be even better when we get our full first grade side on the field, although the youngsters , I thought, were pretty good tonight. Cherrington is clearly up to first grade standard and I can see him rotating with Robbie from next year. Milone did a good job as a last minute replacement and the defence of our halves continues to improve with Moses defending James really well.

We didn't lose this game in the forwards, rather it was the left side defence in the first half. I see good things ahead and I'll be patient but I do expect finals football next year.
Let's not forget who we played tonight, let's wait until we play some of the good sides before we start to celebrate too much, we've all seen this before.
Our fabled defence has still got more holes than Swiss Cheese.

It was good to see that the most maligned player in years , had a much better game tonight , and maybe he can make the transition from a centre to a hard running backrower.
Even if one of his tries was a howler, he had a great game. Keep it up Rowdy

Return to “Round 13: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”