Positives

Abraham

Positives

Post by Abraham » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 12:17 am

Droppy wrote: Reality is that club cannot afford to get wooden spoon. Finacial loss to club by loss of attendances ( which has already started ) sponsors & maketability of these future stars would be disasterous. ThereforeT aylor may get early flick for financial reasons alone.
Don't think the club has a choice. Paying out Taylor, plus spending big dollars on someone better to replace him (no point in signing another cheapish newbie) is not an option we can afford.

In saying that, when three quarters of your squad comprises of either kids or reserve grade players, I don't think it matters who the coach is, the results will likely be the same.

I'm probably in the minority who is willing to give JT the benefit of the doubt at this stage. Too early for the knives to come out. Especially considering the squad he has to work with.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 12:47 am

Ok now for the game...watched it again

Lawrence was great in the back row...ran hard..tackled well and sat Dave Taylor one on one on his arse a couple of times....bagged a double...

Tedesco had his best attacking game in a while...looked dangerous in the opposition 20...scored a great TRY...

Moses is all heart.......did some really good things..the quick tap...earned our only repeat set...his passing was a lot better than it has been...the kid wants to win..

Cherrington was sharp on debut and should retain his spot whist ever Faff isn't there and even then should keep it as well..

Woods was massive as usual...

Taupau Sue and Ava need more minutes...we rolled upfield much better when these guys were on....

I honestly think this team needs a win and with that can go on a bit of a run...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 1:44 am

You watched that again? Wow, you're a resilient bloke. I saw elsewhere that Brooks was copping it a bit for his defence tonight. I thought he was really good in that area. Moses was good also for mine but his kicking was, well, I don't know how to explain how bad it was. Overall, we are definite wooden spooners this year, which I can live with, but I want to see some football. Positive football. Right now, I don't hink our coach has a positive plan. Bring back positive play with belief in a possible winning outcome. I really miss that in our team.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 8:00 am

positives?

we're not Manly supporters

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 9:46 am

wd in perth wrote:You watched that again? Wow, you're a resilient bloke. I saw elsewhere that Brooks was copping it a bit for his defence tonight. I thought he was really good in that area.
Brooks had 17 tackles with no misses. Moses had 31 and missed 2. Both pretty damn good.

The problem was more the communication out on the right.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 9:57 am

Rowdy's shift in position and solid performance

Signs that it is possible to make a comeback if we really want it. (or get pushed hard enough by the coach)

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 10:05 am

Masterton wrote:
wd in perth wrote:You watched that again? Wow, you're a resilient bloke. I saw elsewhere that Brooks was copping it a bit for his defence tonight. I thought he was really good in that area.
Brooks had 17 tackles with no misses. Moses had 31 and missed 2. Both pretty damn good.

But Brooks created the outside issues , he creates both Titans tries by not sliding when they went wide and causing the overlap

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 10:22 am

happy tiger wrote:
Masterton wrote:

But Brooks created the outside issues , he creates both Titans tries by not sliding when they went wide and causing the overlap
I'm not trying to say Brooks was faultless, but we were outnumbered in both cases. Especially the first try they scored wide, I think if Brooks slides they'll just score off a short ball instead.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 10:49 am

sideline eye wrote:The second half is the way that they are being coached to play. When the team does this they are fairly formidable and will be even better when we get our full first grade side on the field, although the youngsters , I thought, were pretty good tonight. Cherrington is clearly up to first grade standard and I can see him rotating with Robbie from next year. Milone did a good job as a last minute replacement and the defence of our halves continues to improve with Moses defending James really well.

We didn't lose this game in the forwards, rather it was the left side defence in the first half. I see good things ahead and I'll be patient but I do expect finals football next year.

I would seriously consider playing Cherrington now. His work around dummy half was impressive and probably better than what Robbie has shown this year. Move Farah to lock - he still gets to defend in the middle and can be another playmaker behind the ruck. Kapow can move back to the edges where he causes more damage and Farah can move in to dummy half when Cherrington needs a rest.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 11:01 am

I know this thread is about positives BUT Don should have never been allowed to score that try.
It was the most disgraceful defense considering what was at stake for us.

If david kidwell doesnt address that then he should be punted

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 11:03 am

Masterton wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Masterton wrote:

I'm not trying to say Brooks was faultless, but we were outnumbered in both cases. Especially the first try they scored wide, I think if Brooks slides they'll just score off a short ball instead.
The problem is having 2 slow outside backs in Hoeter and Richards. You can't have players like that out there.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 11:10 am

Geo. wrote:Ok now for the game...watched it again

Lawrence was great in the back row...ran hard..tackled well and sat Dave Taylor one on one on his arse a couple of times....bagged a double...

Tedesco had his best attacking game in a while...looked dangerous in the opposition 20...scored a great TRY...

Moses is all heart.......did some really good things..the quick tap...earned our only repeat set...his passing was a lot better than it has been...the kid wants to win..

Cherrington was sharp on debut and should retain his spot whist ever Faff isn't there and even then should keep it as well..

Taupau Sue and Ava need more minutes...we rolled upfield much better when these guys were on....

I honestly think this team needs a win and with that can go on a bit of a run...
Good effort to watch that again Geo. Did it get any better than the first time?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 11:11 am

stevetiger wrote:
Masterton wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Masterton wrote:[You watched that again? Wow, you're a resilient bloke. I saw elsewhere that Brooks was copping it a bit for his defence tonight. I thought he was really good in that area.

The problem is having 2 slow outside backs in Hoeter and Richards. You can't have players like that out there.[/quote]

They are only out there through necessity

Normally it would be Simona , but if they number up on the inside at least they have half a chance . But when they are facing a 3 on 2 with one of the quickest centres off the mark in the comp they are screwed

Hoeter miss had me baffled , all he had to do was starting driving him towards the sideline but instead seemed to want to try and bring him down

Even if Roberts reaches the try line the ball was firmly tucked in between them

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 11:14 am

diedpretty wrote:I would seriously consider playing Cherrington now. His work around dummy half was impressive and probably better than what Robbie has shown this year. Move Farah to lock - he still gets to defend in the middle and can be another playmaker behind the ruck. Kapow can move back to the edges where he causes more damage and Farah can move in to dummy half when Cherrington needs a rest.
This is a good idea with regards to Cherrington and Robbie. Robbie seems to have lost his spark. I don't see him now as a great attacking hooker.

I'd keep Taupau though up the middle. He plays great there.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 11:16 am

happy tiger wrote:They are only out there through necessity
Richards has been chosen week in and week out. I agree that if Simona and Nofo come back we look a much better team but its been obvious for a while that we are not a good enough team to carry Richards.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 11:17 am

stevetiger wrote:
diedpretty wrote:I would seriously consider playing Cherrington now. His work around dummy half was impressive and probably better than what Robbie has shown this year. Move Farah to lock - he still gets to defend in the middle and can be another playmaker behind the ruck. Kapow can move back to the edges where he causes more damage and Farah can move in to dummy half when Cherrington needs a rest.
This is a good idea with regards to Cherrington and Robbie. Robbie seems to have lost his spark. I don't see him now as a great attacking hooker.

I'd keep Taupau though up the middle. He plays great there.
Even if it was for fifteen minutes a game it could be crucial , Brooks and Moses could really get heaps of room playing off the back off Farah and Manaia

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 11:21 am

For me the positives were:

1. Lawrence
2. Cherrington
3. The comeback. I thought the forwards did well to battle back after a poor first 30 mins
4. Tedesco (did well to form an attacking threat inside a pair of rookie centres)

The negatives:
1. Far too narrow in attack especially in our own half
2. Poor kicking game
3. Too many one on one tackle misses
4. Our defense was exposed again, i suspect due to the structure not being followed consistently

What has become more and more obvious over the past few weeks is that teams are attacking our edge defence. With rookie halves and centres this was found to be seriously deficient last night. Until this is shored up, we will continue to struggle.

In contrast, we are very narrow with the ball, which teams are recognising, leading to us being dominated early in the tackle count. Taylor needs to work out some strategies to combat this.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 11:21 am

larrycorowa wrote:
Geo. wrote:Ok now for the game...watched it again

Good effort to watch that again Geo. Did it get any better than the first time?
Geo is it just me but are we crabbing too much in the opposition red zone when we go wide , I don't have a problem wirh going sideways for a bit but Brooks or Moses has to straighten us and get the opposition thinking and not sliding

The golden rule is once a half gets on his opposition players shoulder is he straightens and commits the next defender and thus creates the overlap

Prince was brilliant at this and he had the timing to go with it