SACK TAYLOR NOW......

haberfield tiger

Re: SACK TAYLOR NOW......

Unread post by haberfield tiger » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 5:48 pm

Taylor is going no where. I know a lot of people on here would disagree with me but i think he is on the right track. Too many youngsters in the team and he has been constrained by the cap in bringing anyone in. We are a working progress. Most of these players haven't even played 50 nrl games. too green. Tigers been playing benji football for too long they need structure, once its mastered this team will be unstoppable. Funny how benji is in great form at the moment for the dragons who are now playing to a structured game plan focused around D.

unfortunately the centres is our achilles heel, till we sort this out we are going to struggle. I think Taylor needs to be given time and so do the players...

wtigers

Unread post by wtigers » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 6:48 pm

This forum is wild
All of you need to chill it's been what, 13 games?
You're all liars if you say you can predict the rest of Taylor's Tigers career from what we've seen so far.
Relax a little.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

TYGA

Unread post by TYGA » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 6:58 pm

Wake up people we were always going to struggle.
The problem is our Roster not the coach. He is proving to be stubborn and a system coach, the problem we have is our players are not built for his style of Football.

Our halves are 12 - 18 months away from performing strongly, we have the weakest back row and outside backs in the competition. Our depth is poor and somehow we have salary cap issues.

Our GM needs to explain to the fans why we are in this position. We were never going to make the 8, blind Fredy could tell you that after releasing Austin, Thompson, Blair, Koro, (Fulton retiring) and others we were going struggle. We are taking a long term rebuild strategy but some honesty needs to be displayed by management.

I am all for a system but we need to sign and release dud players before I have any faith in what's going on.

cqtiger

Unread post by cqtiger » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 7:13 pm

wtigers wrote:This forum is wild
All of you need to chill it's been what, 13 games?
You're all liars if you say you can predict the rest of Taylor's Tigers career from what we've seen so far.
Relax a little.

It's been a hell of a lot more than 13 games of watching below average performances. Call me a liar but I'm tipping JT won't be a career coach at this joint.

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Gary Bakerloo

Unread post by Gary Bakerloo » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 7:17 pm

If Potter got two years, why should Taylor only get 6 months?

Ridiculous idea.

Russell

Unread post by Russell » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 7:17 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Russell wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:I have said before and I will say it again,even though some on this forum will shoot me down again....I will not buy into this so called defensive structure that must be strictly adhered to because that's what Taylor is building this teams strength on...it's a road of the teams demise if it continues the way it is going..for example the game tonight the WTs let in 3 soft trys the defense was pitiful,the left edge was pitiful,and don't say it was all Pattycakes fault because on a couple of occasions he had three opposition players to mark while Brooks and co were huddled and left a gap..where was the defensive structure then...I will tell you..theses young players are getting bored quicker than us the supporters and are probably sick of the same gameplan week after week...so what's my answer...here it is...when the young players played what was infront of them,we attacked and came up with points and a couple of disallowed trys,the effort was there for all to see....this is their game,as for defence you learn how to tackle and mark your man from an early age,if these guys don't know that by now,then Im afraid there is no hope for them at all...

Some on here will say that I have been negative toward Taylor's coaching,I don't care about his coaching CV,he is here for the duration because we can't afford anyone else or to pay him out..we are stuck with him and that's about that...he may surprise me with some different tactics and if he does good for him...I can see the team keep going backwards if Taylor keeps this crap up....when you have commentators such as Joey Johns saying "the young ones need to play what's infront of them" and our coach restricts them,then no wonder Johns is in the hall of fame and JT won't get to within a bulls roar of the hall of fame,then questions really have to be asked...Yes Iam disappointed with tonight's game and the result,however,I realise Simona and Noofa will inject some class and speed back in the team and Lawrence can stay in the backrow,he did extremely well tonight...

Just for the forumers who can't wait to tear into me I will say it again,this defensive structure is hurting the attacking potential of this team,I dare say if JT doesn't let them play to their game and that is what's infront of them,we may even lose the young guys to other clubs...Taylor must formulate a game plan other than what we have witnessed for weeks,for the good of the team and the good of the club that Iam very passionate about...
Ok TT I'll bite.

We scored enough points last night to win the game. Should also have been credited with the non obstruction try as well imo.
Did they score those tries with an attacking plan?, play what was in front of them? or was it a mirage?

We lost the game!

Now that must mean our defense let us down ( Taylor is not out there tackling for them), that either means they are not good enough (incapable), or they are not putting the defense structure that Taylor is teaching them into practice. Seizer walked through the gap between Woods and Sue, the gaps out wide - partly caused by Brooks going for decoys and Richards trying to cover for Hoeter's bad reads, positional play and inability at the moment to tackle let in a few more tries.

TT you have made the suggestion on here a few times - "let them play what is in front of them - even for a half a game." You and others should see from last night, that will not work. we end up getting into the roundabout again of " bugger the defense - we'll score more tries than you." We are trying to get away from this; IT WILL NOT WORK!

So it's back to working on defense - which is what JT is doing.

Give him a go for Gods sake. Half an off season, 13 games, no money to buy people and the necessity to let people go too early because of cash.

He is left with the youngest and most inexperienced team in the NRL ( probably ever).

You guys are the hardest markers in the world.

Yes Russell I probably am hard at the moment because the start of the game is where we lost last night ...they let in three soft trys and this team isnt capable of overcoming a start like that and winning the game....more proof last night...As you say it probably is the cattle we have that cannot commit to the defensive structure Taylor has in place,once again we have no depth and recruitment of class FGers is a long way off...so yes I will have to let JT keep on bashing his head against the wall until the team he has gets it right....but I dont have to like it or agree with it...it was fantastic to watch the young blokes create opportunities and mount a come back all be it for 15...20 mins...
their forte is attack and that was on display last night,just hope this defensive structure sinks in before we are all SUNK......
I agree with you - the sooner it sinks in the better for them and us. Some one else said the kicking game needs improvement - I agree with that as well ( at the moment it all basically rests with a 20 year old with what, about 20 games under his belt).
The other problem is that we get out to about 45-60m from our line with our five tackles and put up the bomb - we need to make more ground with the ball to be in a position that when the bomb comes down - that it is only 10-15m from their line so it is a shorter chase - maybe 20m not half the field. There is still a lot to work on and it is frustrating and I would like to see it all come good next week like you and all our supporters. It won't - I know that but as long as I can see them putting the effort, flashes of brilliance and some good things occasionally it is enough to sustain me until the next game when we do it all again.

I thought they put in the effort. They fought back after being down and out, I thought Cherrington and Milone had good first up efforts and Rowdy coming good counteracted any and all negatives from the game for me.

We all just need to hang in there.

By the way Newton thanks for the negative tick. I don't think Taylor or the team is struggling - I think your struggling to understand what is trying to be achieved. I do think you'll get it eventually - so in my opinion that is a positive for you.

Ed Reschs

Unread post by Ed Reschs » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 7:18 pm

How do u blame Taylor for last night. We got to the front after losing 4 straight games and then went to sleep. It's not the coach it's the ordinary roster and lack of spirit.

DonnyBrasco

Unread post by DonnyBrasco » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 7:21 pm

I love coming on here for a laugh after a loss.
The sky is falling, sack the coach, the players are useless, the dog ate my grammar.
It's obvious we aren't going well, but have at how little injuries we have had so far, and how many young kids that are in the team, yet you want us to be world beaters in five minutes.
I'm prepared to give these kids 3 years before we see something, not 3 months.

Tigers for 2022!

Snake

Unread post by Snake » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 7:57 pm

DonnyBrasco wrote:I love coming on here for a laugh after a loss.
The sky is falling, sack the coach, the players are useless, the dog ate my grammar.
It's obvious we aren't going well, but have at how little injuries we have had so far, and how many young kids that are in the team, yet you want us to be world beaters in five minutes.
I'm prepared to give these kids 3 years before we see something, not 3 months.

I wondered where my grammar went!

sideline eye

Unread post by sideline eye » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 8:36 pm

Tigerspirit wrote:
Snake wrote:
sideline eye wrote:Yeah, Toovey is great. Broncos 44, Manly 10.
Have a look at his real record if you are interested , he is the Potter of 2015 the knives are out.
Some babies on this forum????
Record????
Toovey has a great record with Manly, this year they lost so many players plus injuries and all the DCE drama, Foran, watmiugh, stuart drama.,

Fairdinkum you judge him to Potter

Toovey only had a good record when he had the cattle. Just what do you think has happened at Wests Tigers this year? We didn't start with a new coach? We didn't lose any players? We haven't had to field the youngest side in our history? Just as Potter did, Taylor is teaching kids to play football and to bring them up to NRL standard doesn't happen in half a season. You won't see the best of these boys under 50 NRL games. I see signs of improvement from players such as Brooks and Moses. The defence of these two has improved out of sight. In last night's game the team played to instructions in the second half and played well. This is a three year gig and those who don't have the stomach for it should watch the soapies for a couple of years or maybe some would prefer Manly.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 8:52 pm

TrueTiger wrote:I have said before and I will say it again,even though some on this forum will shoot me down again....I will not buy into this so called defensive structure that must be strictly adhered to because that's what Taylor is building this teams strength on...it's a road of the teams demise if it continues the way it is going..for example the game tonight the WTs let in 3 soft trys the defense was pitiful,the left edge was pitiful,and don't say it was all Pattycakes fault because on a couple of occasions he had three opposition players to mark while Brooks and co were huddled and left a gap..where was the defensive structure then...I will tell you..theses young players are getting bored quicker than us the supporters and are probably sick of the same gameplan week after week...so what's my answer...here it is...when the young players played what was infront of them,we attacked and came up with points and a couple of disallowed trys,the effort was there for all to see....this is their game,as for defence you learn how to tackle and mark your man from an early age,if these guys don't know that by now,then Im afraid there is no hope for them at all...

Some on here will say that I have been negative toward Taylor's coaching,I don't care about his coaching CV,he is here for the duration because we can't afford anyone else or to pay him out..we are stuck with him and that's about that...he may surprise me with some different tactics and if he does good for him...I can see the team keep going backwards if Taylor keeps this crap up....when you have commentators such as Joey Johns saying "the young ones need to play what's infront of them" and our coach restricts them,then no wonder Johns is in the hall of fame and JT won't get to within a bulls roar of the hall of fame,then questions really have to be asked...Yes Iam disappointed with tonight's game and the result,however,I realise Simona and Noofa will inject some class and speed back in the team and Lawrence can stay in the backrow,he did extremely well tonight...

Just for the forumers who can't wait to tear into me I will say it again,this defensive structure is hurting the attacking potential of this team,I dare say if JT doesn't let them play to their game and that is what's infront of them,we may even lose the young guys to other clubs...Taylor must formulate a game plan other than what we have witnessed for weeks,for the good of the team and the good of the club that Iam very passionate about...

Bravo! Well said TT. :) I love your post. Full of passion .

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 9:16 pm

innsaneink wrote:With sheets and potter. ..regardless if how cap we were going...There was usually some redeeming features they both had you could see...that you could focus your support on....After half a.season with JT I see nothing...he's lost me already....I feel numb and.dumb watching us now...my mind wanders...I lose concentration and start thinking of other things...conversations take precedence over footy...I don't really care.much any more...I've the 7 year thing atend next week...hard to get excited for that...I see Broncos and roosters and my god were so far from there its sad...really sad

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

Ink, reading your post made me want to :bawling

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 9:18 pm

innsaneink wrote:Arrgghh.
Crap*

:lol: Ink!

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 9:27 pm

Geo. wrote:
innsaneink wrote:With sheets and potter. ..regardless if how cap we were going...There was usually some redeeming features they both had you could see...that you could focus your support on....After half a.season with JT I see nothing...he's lost me already....I feel numb and.dumb watching us now...my mind wanders...I lose concentration and start thinking of other things...conversations take precedence over footy...I don't really care.much any more...I've the 7 year thing atend next week...hard to get excited for that...I see Broncos and roosters and my god were so far from there its sad...really sad

Have a Drumstick....you will feel better,,,
Mmmmm, comfort food Geo. Throw in some pies too. ;)

jirskyr

Unread post by jirskyr » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 9:35 pm

Do you know what it is, I think?

Not specifically Taylor and this team performance, but rather you are running out of optimism for Tigers to affect change. This is the 3rd coach now in 10 years not to get consistent results, regardless of roster, management or staffing. We were hoping that changing it up this year would show a change, a new Tigers, but we aren't seeing much of anything different.

Eddie

Unread post by Eddie » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 9:42 pm

Ill wait till late next year before calling for his head. I thought the roster was very average so the results are not that surprising. However the turgid nature of the performances has been perhaps even worse then i expected. Make no mistake if Taylor delivers the spoon he will be under enourmous pressure to hold on to his job contract or no contract.

cunno

Unread post by cunno » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 9:48 pm

Tigermama wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Have a Drumstick....you will feel better,,,
Mmmmm, comfort food Geo. Throw in some pies too. ;)
The pies were nice at Leichhardt last night I ate a Few to help me concentrate, even the sportsears didn't work.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 9:49 pm

diedpretty wrote:
mctiger wrote:
haberfield tiger wrote:taylor aint the one missing the tackles out there. Brooks was awful in defence.
Really? 18 tackles, missed 2 and aimed up well.

He may have only missed 2 tackles but his reads to come in and leave gaping holes out wide directly led to 2 tries. I'd rather he missed 8 tackles as long as he maintains a defensive line.
And his passing game needs work. He tends to throw some terrible passes a lot of the time.
And our halfs kicking game is terrible. How good is Blake going. I know, i know he's gone, but wish he was with us instead of Mosses.

Return to “Round 13: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”