SACK TAYLOR NOW......

Tigermama

Re: SACK TAYLOR NOW......

Post by Tigermama » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 10:10 pm

Newtown wrote:
happy tiger wrote:TITG

Maybe we don't have the players to pull it off , but at least the CEO and the board can see that and will be forced onto the player market to fix our issues
Happy, it was only last week that Taylor stated that the club's CAP situation is a real mess. So where is the money to buy players going to come from? I can't see the club hitting the player market until at least another 18 -24 months. Taylor is signed up for this two year period so the common factor in improving our problems lie solidly on the shoulders of Taylor.

Why can't Taylor use whatever coaching skills he has on young players like Brooks and Co. to improve their attack and defensive skills to first grade standard? Brooks and Co. have had half a season to do this but their skills and confidence have been on a downward spiral.

Maybe the pressure of first grade NRL is getting to our young halfs. Not cut out for it.
Maybe the potential will take a while to shine consistently.
Maybe it's the coach that's at fault.
Only time will tell. :ugeek:

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 10:42 pm

Snake wrote:
DonnyBrasco wrote:I love coming on here for a laugh after a loss.
The sky is falling, sack the coach, the players are useless, the dog ate my grammar.
It's obvious we aren't going well, but have at how little injuries we have had so far, and how many young kids that are in the team, yet you want us to be world beaters in five minutes.
I'm prepared to give these kids 3 years before we see something, not 3 months.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
I wondered where my grammar went!
:lol: good to read a post with some humour. :mrgreen: Everyone's so intense lately. :|

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 10:49 pm

jirskyr wrote:
innsaneink wrote:With sheets and potter. ..regardless if how cap we were going...There was usually some redeeming features they both had you could see...that you could focus your support on....After half a.season with JT I see nothing...he's lost me already....I feel numb and.dumb watching us now...my mind wanders...I lose concentration and start thinking of other things...conversations take precedence over footy...I don't really care.much any more...I've the 7 year thing atend next week...hard to get excited for that...I see Broncos and roosters and my god were so far from there its sad...really sad

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Do you know what it is, I think?

Not specifically Taylor and this team performance, but rather you are running out of optimism for Tigers to affect change. This is the 3rd coach now in 10 years not to get consistent results, regardless of roster, management or staffing. We were hoping that changing it up this year would show a change, a new Tigers, but we aren't seeing much of anything different.
Good post Jirskyr. Totally agree. :(

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 10:54 pm

cunno wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
Geo. wrote:
innsaneink wrote:With sheets and potter. ..regardless if how cap we were going...There was usually some redeeming features they both had you could see...that you could focus your support on....After half a.season with JT I see nothing...he's lost me already....I feel numb and.dumb watching us now...my mind wanders...I lose concentration and start thinking of other things...conversations take precedence over footy...I don't really care.much any more...I've the 7 year thing atend next week...hard to get excited for that...I see Broncos and roosters and my god were so far from there its sad...really sad

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Have a Drumstick....you will feel better,,,
Mmmmm, comfort food Geo. Throw in some pies too. ;)
The pies were nice at Leichhardt last night I ate a Few to help me concentrate, even the sportsears didn't work.
LOL Cunno. As long as the pies were nice and HOT.... Must've been freezing out there.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 11:01 pm

Russell wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
Russell wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:I have said before and I will say it again,even though some on this forum will shoot me down again....I will not buy into this so called defensive structure that must be strictly adhered to because that's what Taylor is building this teams strength on...it's a road of the teams demise if it continues the way it is going..for example the game tonight the WTs let in 3 soft trys the defense was pitiful,the left edge was pitiful,and don't say it was all Pattycakes fault because on a couple of occasions he had three opposition players to mark while Brooks and co were huddled and left a gap..where was the defensive structure then...I will tell you..theses young players are getting bored quicker than us the supporters and are probably sick of the same gameplan week after week...so what's my answer...here it is...when the young players played what was infront of them,we attacked and came up with points and a couple of disallowed trys,the effort was there for all to see....this is their game,as for defence you learn how to tackle and mark your man from an early age,if these guys don't know that by now,then Im afraid there is no hope for them at all...

Some on here will say that I have been negative toward Taylor's coaching,I don't care about his coaching CV,he is here for the duration because we can't afford anyone else or to pay him out..we are stuck with him and that's about that...he may surprise me with some different tactics and if he does good for him...I can see the team keep going backwards if Taylor keeps this crap up....when you have commentators such as Joey Johns saying "the young ones need to play what's infront of them" and our coach restricts them,then no wonder Johns is in the hall of fame and JT won't get to within a bulls roar of the hall of fame,then questions really have to be asked...Yes Iam disappointed with tonight's game and the result,however,I realise Simona and Noofa will inject some class and speed back in the team and Lawrence can stay in the backrow,he did extremely well tonight...

Just for the forumers who can't wait to tear into me I will say it again,this defensive structure is hurting the attacking potential of this team,I dare say if JT doesn't let them play to their game and that is what's infront of them,we may even lose the young guys to other clubs...Taylor must formulate a game plan other than what we have witnessed for weeks,for the good of the team and the good of the club that Iam very passionate about...
Ok TT I'll bite.

We scored enough points last night to win the game. Should also have been credited with the non obstruction try as well imo.
Did they score those tries with an attacking plan?, play what was in front of them? or was it a mirage?

We lost the game!

Now that must mean our defense let us down ( Taylor is not out there tackling for them), that either means they are not good enough (incapable), or they are not putting the defense structure that Taylor is teaching them into practice. Seizer walked through the gap between Woods and Sue, the gaps out wide - partly caused by Brooks going for decoys and Richards trying to cover for Hoeter's bad reads, positional play and inability at the moment to tackle let in a few more tries.

TT you have made the suggestion on here a few times - "let them play what is in front of them - even for a half a game." You and others should see from last night, that will not work. we end up getting into the roundabout again of " bugger the defense - we'll score more tries than you." We are trying to get away from this; IT WILL NOT WORK!

So it's back to working on defense - which is what JT is doing.

Give him a go for Gods sake. Half an off season, 13 games, no money to buy people and the necessity to let people go too early because of cash.

He is left with the youngest and most inexperienced team in the NRL ( probably ever).

You guys are the hardest markers in the world.

Yes Russell I probably am hard at the moment because the start of the game is where we lost last night ...they let in three soft trys and this team isnt capable of overcoming a start like that and winning the game....more proof last night...As you say it probably is the cattle we have that cannot commit to the defensive structure Taylor has in place,once again we have no depth and recruitment of class FGers is a long way off...so yes I will have to let JT keep on bashing his head against the wall until the team he has gets it right....but I dont have to like it or agree with it...it was fantastic to watch the young blokes create opportunities and mount a come back all be it for 15...20 mins...
their forte is attack and that was on display last night,just hope this defensive structure sinks in before we are all SUNK......
I agree with you - the sooner it sinks in the better for them and us. Some one else said the kicking game needs improvement - I agree with that as well ( at the moment it all basically rests with a 20 year old with what, about 20 games under his belt).
The other problem is that we get out to about 45-60m from our line with our five tackles and put up the bomb - we need to make more ground with the ball to be in a position that when the bomb comes down - that it is only 10-15m from their line so it is a shorter chase - maybe 20m not half the field. There is still a lot to work on and it is frustrating and I would like to see it all come good next week like you and all our supporters. It won't - I know that but as long as I can see them putting the effort, flashes of brilliance and some good things occasionally it is enough to sustain me until the next game when we do it all again.

I thought they put in the effort. They fought back after being down and out, I thought Cherrington and Milone had good first up efforts and Rowdy coming good counteracted any and all negatives from the game for me.

We all just need to hang in there.

By the way Newton thanks for the negative tick. I don't think Taylor or the team is struggling - I think your struggling to understand what is trying to be achieved. I do think you'll get it eventually - so in my opinion that is a positive for you.
How many games has Elgey had under his belt ?? Yet he kills our halves.

Geez I'm glad Sheens didn't have JTs attitude in 2005 . We'd have spent all of that year on non attack alert.
Funny how the two top teams that year were attacking machines, and weren't great defenders.
Now it's The Raiders who seem to be the team that is perfecting attack and doing it extremely well by using what talent is there, and using the plan that if they can score more points than the opposition, they will win more than they will lose
If JT spent more time on working on the team using whatever talent they've got( no matter how small in some cases), at least we migh have some chance of winning a couple of games, the way he's going, it will be a wonder if we keep the players that we actually want to stay.
Andrew Johns was dead right with what he said on Fridayabout having talent Coached out of players.