3,2,1...

Goose
Member
Member
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue 21 Sep, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Concord

Re: 3,2,1...

Post by Goose » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 1:17 pm

happy tiger wrote:Woods
Lawrence
Ava /Tedesco

We have to improve Ava's motor , he was great when he was out there
Ava is good in attack, very poor in defense. Won't chase in the middle and can't win the tackle.

Tedesco was great late, kept missing his pass early.

My picks
3. Woods
2. Lawrence
1. Taupau


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 37753
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 1:21 pm

Goose wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Woods
Lawrence
Ava /Tedesco

We have to improve Ava's motor , he was great when he was out there
Ava is good in attack, very poor in defense. Won't chase in the middle and can't win the tackle.

Tedesco was great late, kept missing his pass early.

My picks
3. Woods
2. Lawrence
1. Taupau
Ava had 26 tackles and no misses Goose

Goose
Member
Member
Posts: 4619
Joined: Tue 21 Sep, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Concord

Post by Goose » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 1:33 pm

Not his misses I have an issue, he can tackle.

My problem is that he doesn't chase from marker and cover the space around the ruck well or move into the space after a shift to the other side. Also he doesn't win enough tackles in defense, often they get a roll after an Ava tackle.

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2159
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 1:39 pm

3 Woods
2 Lawrence
1 Tedesco/Taupau (couldn't split them)

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 5971
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 1:45 pm

3. Lawrence
2. Taupau
1. Woods


User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3240
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am

Post by cktiger » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 1:52 pm

1. Lawrence - found his spot and was in everything
2. Woods - tried his hardest but yet to see some of the mongrel exhibited early last year
3. Moses - getting better every game now, wish everyone in the team had his attitude

Followed by Tapau who needs to maintain the rage a little longer and Tedesco who threw a few terrible passes but had a strong second half.

User avatar
Black'n'White
Member
Member
Posts: 1881
Joined: Sat 02 Mar, 2013 6:52 pm

Post by Black'n'White » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 3:09 pm

Goose wrote:Not his misses I have an issue, he can tackle.

My problem is that he doesn't chase from marker and cover the space around the ruck well or move into the space after a shift to the other side. Also he doesn't win enough tackles in defense, often they get a roll after an Ava tackle.
I see alot of potential in Ava, though Goose hit the nail pretty squarely on the head with his breakdown.

Props are generally slow maturing, and defence is an old heads game. I dont think Ava will ever be a freak like Woods, though almost guarantee he will become a solid cornerstone prop in the Sauce mould if not better.

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7877
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 3:15 pm

Goose wrote:Not his misses I have an issue, he can tackle.

My problem is that he doesn't chase from marker and cover the space around the ruck well or move into the space after a shift to the other side. Also he doesn't win enough tackles in defense, often they get a roll after an Ava tackle.
many may disagree but i see the same in woods.. think he's a lazy defender but he's just so big and works so many minutes, it makes it hard for him to chase or at least put pressure from marker.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

User avatar
westTAHger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: with Daffy Duck, having fun

Post by westTAHger » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 4:29 pm

Is there any reason why Pat Richards can't be used as the long kicker instead of Mitch Moses ?
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold



" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

alexaki
Member
Member
Posts: 5017
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by alexaki » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 5:20 pm

westTAHger wrote:Is there any reason why Pat Richards can't be used as the long kicker instead of Mitch Moses ?

Because he gets too tired easily....

Post Reply