What happened to...

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 399 times

What happened to...

Unread post by Geo. » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 10:37 pm

The policing of the ruck.... I'm curious..

Lost count of the number of times the Titans advanced leaving our markers not set ...allowing quick play the balls...

We need to start pushing the boundaries as well...can't beat em join em...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

steve-o
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by steve-o » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 10:49 pm

That's a good question. It's a shame, because Farah was a lot more effective when they were stricter on the markers being square
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 10:50 pm

You just have 2 confused Refs out there looking at each other on who is going to make what call.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

fergiefurr
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by fergiefurr » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 11:25 pm

Geo. wrote:The policing of the ruck.... I'm curious..

Lost count of th number of times the Titans advanced leaving our markers not set ...allowing quick play the balls...

We need to start pushing the boundaries as well...can't beat em join em...
I said the exact same thing, the titans were walking off the mark every tackle. Half the time they were playing the ball in front of the marker. It gives the dummy half a massive advantage being able to promote the ball and bring the team forward.

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 11:33 pm

Just had this conversation half an hour ago with someone, its my biggest issue with the modern game.

The refs try to excuse it by saying they shortened the 10 on themselves therefor disadvantaged themselves. Trouble is its no longer the case, some coaches are using this as a tactic to gain momentum.

If penalised or told to go back and play on the mark that 1 second makes a massive difference to the over all game.

hobbo
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 97 times

Unread post by hobbo » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 11:38 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:Just had this conversation half an hour ago with someone, its my biggest issue with the modern game.

The refs try to excuse it by saying they shortened the 10 on themselves therefor disadvantaged themselves. Trouble is its no longer the case, some coaches are using this as a tactic to gain momentum.

If penalised or told to go back and play on the mark that 1 second makes a massive difference to the over all game.

It's s*** me it's not policed .. Inglis is the master at walking off the mark .
But as Geo said we need to start playing smarter and get some grubby tactics in place .were heading into oblivion by playing by the rules !!!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

mctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by mctiger » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 11:45 pm

I get annoyed that players are basically stepping over the ball and not attempting to play it with the foot when playing it.

fergiefurr
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by fergiefurr » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 11:59 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:Just had this conversation half an hour ago with someone, its my biggest issue with the modern game.

That's the thing, your right referees say they know teams do it but it shortens the 10m so is disadvantaging them. However they are now only having 1 marker which is a much, much bigger advantage then the defence gets.

Tonight it was out of control and not pulled up once.

jirskyr
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 135 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 12:22 am

Can't believe Keithy got pulled up for not being square, I was behind the play, both teams failed to be square 100 other times this evening.

barra
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by barra » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 1:32 pm

^He appealed for exactly that, the player having moved diagonally off the mark, if that's the case what is Keith supposed to do???

Return to “Round 13: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”