8 thoughts from last night's game..

Tigerheart_returns

8 thoughts from last night's game..

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 5:14 pm

1. We are a bunch of nice guys. Others teams bash us up, simple as that. I can't see too many having any "mongrel" in our pack, or running at the defense straight and hard, consistently.
2. There is no talk on the field - I don't know who was supposed to be calling the shots last night, but whoever he was, he was sadly missed.
3. Are we sure we have the "superstars" in the making we think we have? If so, I'll blame Taylor for not showing their qualities - to me, I just haven't seen anything that shows any particular talent in either directing the game, or having individual brilliance.
4. On the coach - I agree we have to stick with this guy, we don't want to end up with another debacle and more money down the drain - but for God's sake, someone speak to him about his tactics, and what that is doing to our team.
5. I am sick to death of hearing people talking up "would be coaches" - latest example is Trent Barrett. Before him, Potter. Langmack. Nathan Brown. Then Taylor. To me, it smells like some sort of coaches/media nepotism. Let's see where these guys end up in a few years time compared to established old heads.
6. AUD 25 for kids general admission - Way to bring the young people to the game, WT :wtf !
7. I'll follow this team until I die, but to see us fight to avoid the wooden spoon is to die a little at every game.
8. To the Taylor supporters - put aside the sacking question, do you really believe you have seen an improvement since he has taken over? We have no clue in attack, no clue in defense, and no idea in general. Is it not time to rethink something?

Sorry for the rant, ladies and gents - I feel better now. :deadhorse:

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 5:20 pm

Sorry to sound naive here but as a member I walk in and don't take notice of the entry prices. $25 for kids to go! That's unbelievable. Surely they can't charge that much for kids to go to a game.

Tigerheart_returns

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 5:22 pm

Mate, if I hadn't been there to see it for myself, I wouldn't have posted it...

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 5:25 pm

Tigerheart_returns wrote:Mate, if I hadn't been there to see it for myself, I wouldn't have posted it...

That's poor. Who sets those prices, the Tigers or NRL?

Tigerheart_returns

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 5:38 pm

Not sure, I would think the Tigers though...

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 12:11 am

Kids should be free, to encourage more families to go to the games. A day out at the footy is quite costly when you take into consideration food and drink prices, transport etc.

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 6:56 am

Good summation, tigerheart. Sterlo and others have commented on Taylor's stubbornness, his healthy self-belief and his glass-jaw when criticism comes his way. Watch any post-match interview and it's not about having the wrong strategy but that the team didn't execute it well enough. So I don't see any backing away from the Taylor strategy in the near future, no matter who talks to him about it. We're screwed, mate. Simple as that.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 7:17 am

$50+ to sit parallel to the dead ball line...way to go.

Does JT have supporters?
I don't see many

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 7:20 am

Taylor's stubbornness will only get him so far.

As for $25 kids ticket prices, thats utterly disgraceful. With NRL crowd numbers going nowhere some people running the clubs/NRL have rocks in their heads.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 7:32 am

Tigerheart_returns wrote:1. We are a bunch of nice guys. Others teams bash us up, simple as that. I can't see too many having any "mongrel" in our pack, or running at the defense straight and hard, consistently.
2. There is no talk on the field - I don't know who was supposed to be calling the shots last night, but whoever he was, he was sadly missed.
3. Are we sure we have the "superstars" in the making we think we have? If so, I'll blame Taylor for not showing their qualities - to me, I just haven't seen anything that shows any particular talent in either directing the game, or having individual brilliance.
4. On the coach - I agree we have to stick with this guy, we don't want to end up with another debacle and more money down the drain - but for God's sake, someone speak to him about his tactics, and what that is doing to our team.
5. I am sick to death of hearing people talking up "would be coaches" - latest example is Trent Barrett. Before him, Potter. Langmack. Nathan Brown. Then Taylor. To me, it smells like some sort of coaches/media nepotism. Let's see where these guys end up in a few years time compared to established old heads.
6. AUD 25 for kids general admission - Way to bring the young people to the game, WT :wtf !
7. I'll follow this team until I die, but to see us fight to avoid the wooden spoon is to die a little at every game.
8. To the Taylor supporters - put aside the sacking question, do you really believe you have seen an improvement since he has taken over? We have no clue in attack, no clue in defense, and no idea in general. Is it not time to rethink something?

Sorry for the rant, ladies and gents - I feel better now. :deadhorse:
Question 8. Yes, we still have Crap defence, only change is we now have Almost No
cohesion at all in attack as well, JT is trying to turn this lot into the Roosters with one thing missing and that's the talent.
The way it's looking he will spend the next two years trying to do the same and when we finally get rid of him we will have to start on our next three year plan of rebuilding.
I bet Teddy wishes he had of not changed his mind now.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 7:41 am

NJLM78 wrote:Sorry to sound naive here but as a member I walk in and don't take notice of the entry prices. $25 for kids to go! That's unbelievable. Surely they can't charge that much for kids to go to a game.
Maybe WTs should do a Clive Palmer and close off three Quarter of the ground to cut staff costs , it is about as stupid as overcharging fans , when hardly anyone wants to watch this crap already.
Maybe if they let kids in free, it may make some more adults endure the torture just to get the kids out,
Or maybe they could literally drag people off the streets without telling them that WTs is one of the teams playing.That would fool some of them for awhile , and by the time they realise it , they would have gone to sleep from boredom.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 7:53 am

Tigermama wrote:Kids should be free, to encourage more families to go to the games. A day out at the footy is quite costly when you take into consideration food and drink prices, transport etc.
Yeah Mama
, but think of the entertainment you get,
Scintillating attack and intense defence , from two professionally trained and exciting teams using thrilling, sweeping set plays to score length of the field tries.
And hard hitting , brutal defence, perfectly executed to form a wall of steel along their tryline.
Two excitement machine waiting like coiled springs , to unleash themselves on to the field to shed blood for their supporters..............oh sorry , I didn't know you were talking about a West Tigers game, .....I see your Point!

krayola

Post by krayola » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 7:59 am

The WT website had a 2 for 1 ticket deal going. It made tickets $15 more or less, with booking fee. If there's a game where you wanted to complain about ticket prices,this was not it.

I'd say more than any of Taylor's tactics that it's just a youth thing. The Raiders invested in youth for years before Stuart came, and as he said last year, it doesn't work if you just have youth. That's why they've been throwing money at slightly more experienced guys. You need plenty of those heads around that youth that are used to the grind and won't switch off.

What I see at the moment are too many youngsters (explains our inconsistency) mixed with older players, that are, no other way to say it, mostly past it (Lawrence, Halatau, Richards, Galloway).

It's not the coach. Bellamy and Bennett could coach these blokes and the results wouldn't be that much more convincing.
One of my sources is Pascoe

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 8:02 am

LCA wrote:Good summation, tigerheart. Sterlo and others have commented on Taylor's stubbornness, his healthy self-belief and his glass-jaw when criticism comes his way. Watch any post-match interview and it's not about having the wrong strategy but that the team didn't execute it well enough. So I don't see any backing away from the Taylor strategy in the near future, no matter who talks to him about it. We're screwed, mate. Simple as that.
The only way they'll make it possible to get rid of him is if the club can make it impossible for him to stay and he decides to leave before he damages his own reputation even more , maybe by bring in someone to oversee the football side.
Trouble is There's very little if any football knowledge on the board anyway, they wouldn't know if he's any good or not, and Mahers on a different Planet, so he's no help.
But we can't afford to sack him

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 8:06 am

krayola wrote:The WT website had a 2 for 1 ticket deal going. It made tickets $15 more or less, with booking fee. If there's a game where you wanted to complain about ticket prices,this was not it.

I'd say more than any of Taylor's tactics that it's just a youth thing. The Raiders invested in youth for years before Stuart came, and as he said last year, it doesn't work if you just have youth. That's why they've been throwing money at slightly more experienced guys. You need plenty of those heads around that youth that are used to the grind and won't switch off.

What I see at the moment are too many youngsters (explains our inconsistency) mixed with older players, that are, no other way to say it, mostly past it (Lawrence, Halatau, Richards, Galloway).

It's not the coach. Bellamy and Bennett could coach these blokes and the results wouldn't be that much more convincing.
While I can't stand either of them , one very big difference with both is when something's not working, they both know what and when to change.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 10:33 am

Maybe he is right - and all you whingers are wrong.

Have you thought about that "First grade coaches from the sideline?"

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 11:28 am

Russell wrote:Maybe he is right - and all you whingers are wrong.

Of course he's right, that's why we play as well as we do.

Maybe you'll agree when you're among the dwindling few WTs supporters at their games Next year , or even this year .

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 07 Jun, 2015 11:49 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Russell wrote:Maybe he is right - and all you whingers are wrong.

Of course he's right, that's why we play as well as we do.

Maybe you'll agree when you're among the dwindling few WTs supporters at their games Next year , or even this year .
And when it all turns around you will all be back , and you'll probably all be saying "we told you so "

Supporting rugby league teams are like marriages , you support them through thick and thin ,in sickness and health , til death do you part

You don't get divorced or ask for a trial separation at the first sign of trouble