8 thoughts from last night's game..

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: 8 thoughts from last night's game..

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 10:12 pm

Yossarian wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Yossarian wrote:Well if Luke Brooks passes the ball when he makes the break at 20-19 we probably win and it's a different narrative this week. Not his fault but there have been a stack of games this year we've been in the game with 5-10 minutes to go and lost. Taylor for better or worse clearly has a more long-term view of things than a lot of us on this forum and he's going to be judged on what happens 2016-17 than 2015.
It would be nice if we could bank "if's'.
if both Brooks and Moses could only both have a big game together. We would probably play a lot better ,
If Anastas field could have only missed in 2011( I think it was) we may have ended up winning another GF. Both if's

maybe Taylor shouldn't bother turning up at training this year, if we are only going to worry about 2016/17
He's coaching now , whether we like it or not, and has to accept that he is responsible for whatever game plan that the team play to, or to get rid of any one who can't play to that plan, but that won't happen.
Well you can't have a 2 year plan without year 1. Anyway the point I was making was that we're not that far off winning games; yes I know that doesn't count but it's not like we're getting lapped or a long way off the pace. Compared to 2001-2003 this is a golden age...
Maybe if he Coached what he's got in year one , he might have a basis for the next two years, but the way he's going he's likely to have a team with all the football coached out of them by the end of the first year.
You don't have to kill your attack to get a better defence, and if you can't get a team to play your defence the way you want in the time he's had, then you either cannot get it across to the players, or they are too dumb to learn it.
Either way you have to change your approach, which he seems to be unable or too stubborn to do that.
Watch the games when origin finishes to the end of the season you might get to see plenty of games where we will get lapped.i hope not, but unfortunately what I hope doesn't mean a thing.
It may start sooner such as this weekend against Souths

weststigers
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by weststigers » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 11:55 pm

krayola wrote:The WT website had a 2 for 1 ticket deal going. It made tickets $15 more or less, with booking fee. If there's a game where you wanted to complain about ticket prices,this was not it.

I'd say more than any of Taylor's tactics that it's just a youth thing. The Raiders invested in youth for years before Stuart came, and as he said last year, it doesn't work if you just have youth. That's why they've been throwing money at slightly more experienced guys. You need plenty of those heads around that youth that are used to the grind and won't switch off.

What I see at the moment are too many youngsters (explains our inconsistency) mixed with older players, that are, no other way to say it, mostly past it (Lawrence, Halatau, Richards, Galloway).

It's not the coach. Bellamy and Bennett could coach these blokes and the results wouldn't be that much more convincing.
True statement.

Apart from Tapau and Woods, the players are either still learning or past their very best.

We really need to recruit to fill the gaps until the young guys get up to speed.

magpiecol
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 25 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Tue 09 Jun, 2015 3:24 pm

Yossarian wrote:Well if Luke Brooks passes the ball when he makes the break at 20-19 we probably win and it's a different narrative this week. Not his fault but there have been a stack of games this year we've been in the game with 5-10 minutes to go and lost. Taylor for better or worse clearly has a more long-term view of things than a lot of us on this forum and he's going to be judged on what happens 2016-17 than 2015.

Some sanity at last!

Most of the dribble being touted on this forum is for instant gratification. Seems to be the modern way of life.

Plan for the future and you will have a better future.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 09 Jun, 2015 3:45 pm

magpiecol wrote:

Some sanity at last!

Most of the dribble being touted on this forum is for instant gratification. Seems to be the modern way of life.

Plan for the future and you will have a better future.
We can't plan for the future Col, we're stuck with a Muppett coach, who's determined to prove he's right , no matter what damage he does to players, the club and to supporters.
Unless someone is hired to oversee the coaching at the club, you maybe one of the few that will continue to turn up for games,

: I'll ask you the same question that I've asked some others,
what have you seen on the field , that makes you so convinced that he is making this team better , and that he is going to improve the club rather than wreck it even more (I'm not talking about whether you like him or not.)
I'm talking about what you see on the field.
So far no ones come up with a reason

Return to “Round 13: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”