Debut, Cherrington/milone plus possibles

Roysta59

Debut, Cherrington/milone plus possibles

Unread post by Roysta59 » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 9:20 pm

I couldn't watch the game so can you please update me on both players performance... Do both have futures in first grade?
also who from under 20s and nswcup are next inline?
Loads of talk on young prop Graham, but Sitaleki and another player (Lamar?) were both meant to be guns
Cheers

Eddie
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Eddie » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 9:22 pm

Milone had a real dig but as a prospect I would say he doesn't have any real stand out attributes.

Cherrington clearly has that spark and speed off the mark that the good young hookers coming through in the NRL have.

cunno

Unread post by cunno » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 9:31 pm

Bearing in mind it's early days and I haven't seen much of Milone he had a go a bit like Ayshford nothing startling at this point. Cherrington was a breath of fresh air in attack which could be why he didn't get too much time.

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 9:31 pm

Cherrington reminds me of Segeyaro

Black'n'White
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 10:27 pm

Milone didnt do anything really wrong from what I saw, mind I missed the first 20 mins. He outplayed Hoeter, but thats not high praise, the ballboys did as well.

Cherrington, that kid has some honest class... there was a play where Brooks called the ball running a line away from the markers, and young Cherrington threw a long spiral pass that dropped perfectly onto Brooks chest, maybe a little in front of him, but Brooks didnt have to adjust his gait or reach out. It was just an honest classy ball easily eaten up by the playmaker in fluid stride. In the scheme of the game it was nothing special, but I dont think Robbie would have passed like that. His service was very good and quick, I wont say he is the second coming of Jeebus, but if we can keep him and he continues to develop, we have a fine succession.

Fumbles

Unread post by Fumbles » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 10:35 pm

cunno wrote:Bearing in mind it's early days and I haven't seen much of Milone he had a go a bit like Ayshford nothing startling at this point. Cherrington was a breath of fresh air in attack which could be why he didn't get too much time.
Agree, Cherrington was terrific as he played his natural attacking football but I am sure Taylor will soon get that out of his game.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 10:45 pm

I wasn't fussed on Milone, but Cherrington was all class in his limited game time. His arrival was like a fresh breath of air! Well done young man.

Return to “Round 13: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”