South Sydney Try

Tuiaki Chicken Wings

South Sydney Try

Unread post by Tuiaki Chicken Wings » Tue 16 Jun, 2015 12:34 am

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-hq-round-14/tabi ... fault.aspx

Refs boss Tony Archer talking very briefly about a few contentious decisions, brought up the South Sydney one. He said even though was given a try, actually not a try because he caught the ball on the inside of the player and ran around the decoy. Thought it wasn't a try on the night and he has confirmed it.

But geez these rules are getting out of control now.

joebob
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by joebob » Tue 16 Jun, 2015 7:36 am

I thought the same but had been wrong about every other obstruction decision previously this year. All us fans are confused and i think the referee's are too.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

happy tiger
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 16 Jun, 2015 7:39 am

Tuiaki Chicken Wings wrote:http://www.nrl.com/nrl-hq-round-14/tabi ... fault.aspx

Refs boss Tony Archer talking very briefly about a few contentious decisions, brought up the South Sydney one. He said even though was given a try, actually not a try because he caught the ball on the inside of the player and ran around the decoy. Thought it wasn't a try on the night and he has confirmed it.

But geez these rules are getting out of control now.
Technically yes , but when you defend like that and had as much time as they did after the shepherd to reset they don't deserve the advantage of a penalty

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 255 times
Been liked: 387 times

Unread post by Geo. » Tue 16 Jun, 2015 7:43 am

Of course it was a no-TRY,,,Souff''s Sydney,,
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

underdog
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by underdog » Tue 16 Jun, 2015 10:49 am

Despite our god awful attempts to tackle Goodwin - it should never have gotten that far.

I hate how the commentators say, "As play continues, they wouldn't have gotten there anyway"

That statement, is complete crap.

If the rules are followed to the word of the law the ball would never have gotten to Goodwin.

happy tiger
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 16 Jun, 2015 10:59 am

underdog wrote:Despite our god awful attempts to tackle Goodwin - it should never have gotten that far.

I hate how the commentators say, "As play continues, they wouldn't have gotten there anyway"

If the rules are followed to the word of the law the ball would never have gotten to Goodwin.
The scariest thing about that try is how is resembled the last try the Titans scored in how 4 blokes literally watched someone run past them without moving

Yossarian
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 115 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Tue 16 Jun, 2015 12:52 pm

underdog wrote:Despite our god awful attempts to tackle Goodwin - it should never have gotten that far.

Yes it's amazing how the letter of the law is applied to some teams but "common sense" to others. We've been on the wrong end a few times this year. Souths always seem on the right end

Blackpearl
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Blackpearl » Tue 16 Jun, 2015 1:01 pm

Yossarian wrote:

Yes it's amazing how the letter of the law is applied to some teams but "common sense" to others. We've been on the wrong end a few times this year. Souths always seem on the right end
x 2 yoss, the so-called pride of the league aka sowfscum, have had the 'rub of the (red &) green' from the officials and the nrl for the last 18 months.
would be awesome to see them miss the eight this year.
I dislike sowfs immensely

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Tue 16 Jun, 2015 1:26 pm

Blackpearl wrote:
Yossarian wrote:

x 2 yoss, the so-called pride of the league aka sowfscum, have had the 'rub of the (red &) green' from the officials and the nrl for the last 18 months.
would be awesome to see them miss the eight this year.
Yeah just like last year's Grand Final the commentators getting on the red and green bandwagon Was sickening.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

InBenjiWeTrust
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by InBenjiWeTrust » Tue 16 Jun, 2015 1:36 pm

Yossarian wrote:

Hear, hear

Either we have rules, or we don't, poor defence cannot be an excuse to overlook/brake a rule.

A solution could be to adopt NYC's challenge, e.g. 2 challenges per half.

Also, number of penalties and misinterpretations of held in tackles demands that NRL make the rule unambiguous.

everett

Unread post by everett » Tue 16 Jun, 2015 3:56 pm

I have no issues it being awarded a try. My issues is with Nofo's defence which was very poor.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

Yossarian
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 115 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Tue 16 Jun, 2015 8:53 pm

everett wrote:I have no issues it being awarded a try. My issues is with Nofo's defence which was very poor.
I'd have no issue either if their was a consistency to how the law was applied. Also agree on the defence, thankfully that was the exception rather than the norm.

Return to “Round 14: Wests Tigers vs South Sydney”