Matthew Lodge

MacDougall

Matthew Lodge

Post by MacDougall » Fri 12 Jun, 2015 10:33 pm

How freaking BIG is he? He looks 120kg or more at the moment and it's muscle. He has hands like houses. He reminds me so so much of George and Thomas Burgess when they were coming along. Watch him next year go to another level. Very impressive game tonight in a dominating pack. The secret is him being able to learn how to lift when others around him aren't. That's what makes Matt Scott such a legend.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Fri 12 Jun, 2015 10:41 pm

He is only going to get better, still a baby . In 2 to 3 years Woods and Lodge will be the starting Props for the Blues .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Chris

Post by Chris » Fri 12 Jun, 2015 10:43 pm

I gave him 1 point tonight simply because he was a handful while he was out there. He asserted some authority around the rucks and made some really good charges. He's going to be a vital part of this team and will be a future rep player.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 12 Jun, 2015 10:53 pm

[quote="foreveratiger"]He is only going to get better, still a baby . In 2 to 3 years Woods and Lodge will be the starting Props for the Blues .[/quote

He had the best game that I've seen from him tonight.
But I'm damned if I know where that game come from from Marty, he absolutely dominated Souths tonight, I know they had a couple out but Marty played longer tonight and had a ripper of a game, hope he can reproduce that effort in our next game
It's starting to show just how much Surgess meant to Souths forwards. Both George and Tommhave come back to the field without him Taking the big hitups

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Fri 12 Jun, 2015 10:58 pm

Brown certainly had a thing for him tonight but Lodge got the points. Great effort from all our forwards.

Loved seeing Marty come to Brooks' defence in the 2nd half. Legendary.

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Fri 12 Jun, 2015 11:05 pm

He's always been good from day 1. Some guys you can just see it.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 12 Jun, 2015 11:07 pm

He has a great offload also. Something that neither Woods or Galloway have ever really developed and something we desperately need.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 12 Jun, 2015 11:08 pm

Got the ability to see when the offload is on too. Will be handy if he can perfect the hit and spin.

Ball security is a worry at times, but he'll get better gets on. Definitely a keeper IMO.
Don't try to tell me awesome power can corrupt a person, you haven't enough to know what it's like; you're only angry because you wish you were in my position, you nod your head because you know that I'm right.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Twmba Tigerman

Post by Twmba Tigerman » Fri 12 Jun, 2015 11:49 pm

part of the future. That's all that need to be said. ....................
"Bleeding Gold Black and White" to the end.

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles » Fri 12 Jun, 2015 11:53 pm

It was his best game tonight, he ran straight and hard. The last few games I watched his was always going across field but his work tonight was terrific.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Fri 12 Jun, 2015 11:54 pm

Flippedy wrote:He has a great offload also. Something that neither Woods or Galloway have ever really developed and something we desperately need.
There were a few times tonight he was looking to offload or was nearly in a position to but no body was trailing. Teddy should follow Marty on occasions.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 12 Jun, 2015 11:57 pm

Loved his running battle with Brown tonight...Lodge 1 Brown 0...

His best game for us this year....going back to SC did the trick...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 12:29 am

wd in perth wrote:
Flippedy wrote:He has a great offload also. Something that neither Woods or Galloway have ever really developed and something we desperately need.
There were a few times tonight he was looking to offload or was nearly in a position to but no body was trailing. Teddy should follow Marty on occasions.
I saw Teddy flash up a couple of times but either the offload got pulled back or he arrived just a bit too late. Once Teddy learns to time it and the likes of Lodge, Marty and Sue learn to trust he'll be there, we'll see some magic.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 8:01 am

Well done Matt the best game I have seen you play ,Brown came after you and you brushed him well done strong performance.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 9:00 am

Geo. wrote:Loved his running battle with Brown tonight...Lodge 1 Brown 0...

I dont know about State sup doing the trick, his turn around matched the whole forward packs turnaround. They all improved, just coincidence he went back to state cup.

But yeah he owned Brown, was good to watch.

Someone was on here last week saying Brown would show Lodge where he should be as a player. Epic fail.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 9:11 am

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
Geo. wrote:Loved his running battle with Brown tonight...Lodge 1 Brown 0...

I dont know about State sup doing the trick, his turn around matched the whole forward packs turnaround. They all improved, just coincidence he went back to state cup.

But yeah he owned Brown, was good to watch.

Someone was on here last week saying Brown would show Lodge where he should be as a player. Epic fail.
By going the trick..... I mean going back to SC last week allowed him to get more game time in his legs in a competition of a standard well below NRL ...Lodge still has knee issues...He was only getting limited time at NRL level...he stepped it up a notch or 3 last night for sure...they all did...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 10:03 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:He is only going to get better, still a baby . In 2 to 3 years Woods and Lodge will be the starting Props for the Blues .[/quote

He had the best game that I've seen from him tonight.
But I'm damned if I know where that game come from from Marty, he absolutely dominated Souths tonight, I know they had a couple out but Marty played longer tonight and had a ripper of a game, hope he can reproduce that effort in our next game
It's starting to show just how much Surgess meant to Souths forwards. Both George and Tommhave come back to the field without him Taking the big hitups
Compared to Sam GT, imo they were never in the field.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 10:07 am

Aside from his size and leg speed,that offload is just what we need.