Lovett & Lodge

Martymcfly

Lovett & Lodge

Post by Martymcfly » Fri 12 Jun, 2015 10:45 pm

Big congrats to Lovett. Seemed to be in Walker's face all night tonight and did a good job shutting him down. Stats had him at 33 tackles... the most of in the team. I'm hoping more games = more confidence = more mongrel. Hope he turns out to be our in-house version of Beau Scott.

Lodge seemed to run with more venom which was refreshing to see. Hope he can maintain that for the rest of the season.

And wasn't it great to have Nofa back. But noticed the stats had down with 5 missed tackles. The miss for the South's try was dreadful. He's a great ball runner but damn he needs to fix his D. I'm surprised he's not a better defender because he seems strong as an ox.

Will be interesting to see whether JT starts Sue again next week, assuming Woods backs up from Origin. Seems to grow another leg when he starts.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Fri 12 Jun, 2015 10:54 pm

I think the whole team performed really well. Great to see that Lovett didn't look lke a rookie out there. Went well. Nofos bombed try nearly killed me, but for once they all held strong and it was great to watch. I love beating the rabbits - almost as much as the Broncos.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Fri 12 Jun, 2015 10:59 pm

If anyone in our line up is a Beau Scott clone its Sue.... that guy has beasted for us consistantly and really needs a bit of prop depth to move him back out wider. Sue is up there with the best wrestlers in the comp, and violent as fook.

But back to the thread, Lodge and Lovett are young, and show huge potential seeing as they play in old man positions.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 12 Jun, 2015 11:06 pm

People complain about Lovett, but he doesn't off any less than Siro and has a better work rate.

Chris

Post by Chris » Fri 12 Jun, 2015 11:10 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:People complain about Lovett, but he doesn't off any less than Siro and has a better work rate.
Bit rough mate, Siro was doing pretty well at the start of the year, enough to get a him a City jersey. His form only dropped off the last few weeks and now we know why.

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 12 Jun, 2015 11:23 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:People complain about Lovett, but he doesn't off any less than Siro and has a better work rate.
Lovett offers a lot less than Siro imo.

Siro is a better defender and has a great offload which he could have shown to great advantage tonight. Just bad luck to be out when the forwards stand up big time and the backs have the room to move.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 12 Jun, 2015 11:33 pm

From the first set of 6 our go forward by Sue Keith and Marty laid the platform for tonights win.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 12:01 am

Lovett reminds me of galea a bit. Solid in most games for such an inexperienced backrower. Galea started off a hit and miss first grader imo and improved year on year into a fine player, hope to see the same from Kyle.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 12:07 am

Lovett does his job week in week out....not a superstar but every team need players like him....his effective tackle rate is quite high...he sticks when he hits...wouldn't be on huge coin either...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 12:34 am

Some people have never been a fan of Siro but I would like to see him fit and running hopefully that may change their mind.

Tuiaki Chicken Wings

Post by Tuiaki Chicken Wings » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 12:39 am

Chris wrote:
Bit rough mate, Siro was doing pretty well at the start of the year, enough to get a him a City jersey. His form only dropped off the last few weeks and now we know why.
Siro was average at best, never shone in most of the games and never wanted to do the dirty stuff. Siro's stats prove that he hasn't exactly been where everyone is touting him to be even prior to iinjury. Whilst not a huge fan of Lovett I will admit he does the dirty stuff and isn't afraid to get bashed around a bit. He has a great wrestle in the tackle and is able to help his outside defender as well.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 12:55 am

Lovett has better hands when we play him flat at the line then any of our back rowers and seems to have a better motor

Just get him running better lines in the red zone and he could be our next Ellis with some more size

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 1:22 am

I feel sorry for Siro Jnr, not for the fact he is rushed, but imagine playing a touch position like half, then being told to wake up and realise you are the size of a battering ram and need to adjust. When he figures out the size vs skill equation I see a Lyon in him, though that awakening will take time. In a game like tonight he wouldnt seem a fill in,.

That was a confidence game, and we are the lesser for not having him out there to grow from.

halifax tiger

Post by halifax tiger » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 1:30 am

wow.how good was that.better tie marty down to a new deal asap. never been a fan of lawrence but think hes found his perfect position at second row.now for me on to hunslet tonight to watch the mighty fax.the perfect day :D

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 6:42 am

Geo. wrote:Lovett does his job week in week out....not a superstar but every team need players like him....his effective tackle rate is quite high...he sticks when he hits...wouldn't be on huge coin either...
Loved how he scrambled to save a try in the in goal during 2nd half

LCA

Post by LCA » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 7:05 am

bathursttiger wrote:From the first set of 6 our go forward by Sue Keith and Marty laid the platform for tonights win.
So true. It was different to anything they'd served up over the last 4 weeks and it built momentum and confidence. And, Ava and Lodge were solid as well when they came on.

Well done, boys!!!

willow

Post by willow » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 7:19 am

Lovett had his best game last night IMO. Lodge was solid too, came up with a great hit on Brown.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 9:43 am

willow wrote:Lovett had his best game last night IMO. Lodge was solid too, came up with a great hit on Brown.
Yep, Lovett had his best game last night, but for mine Lodge did too. He used his massive frame to get the ascendency and then used his skills, rather than wanting to use the ball before gaining that right. Apart from a bad miss on George B, he had a great game. Ava probably played one of his best ever stints as well as he got to his front a lot more.

Having said that, I agree with Bathurst Tiger above, the middle starters gave us the platform by getting on top quickly and then back there midway through the second half after the bench got through their grind. Keefy was awesome, with a chase on a potential break by Walker and the subsequent tackle as well on the winger Gray to shut him down was great work on top of his regular quick play the balls.