Lovett & Lodge

Russell

Re: Lovett & Lodge

Post by Russell » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 10:30 am

formerguest wrote:
willow wrote:Lovett had his best game last night IMO. Lodge was solid too, came up with a great hit on Brown.
Yep, Lovett had his best game last night, but for mine Lodge did too. He used his massive frame to get the ascendency and then used his skills, rather than wanting to use the ball before gaining that right. Apart from a bad miss on George B, he had a great game. Ava probably played one of his best ever stints as well as he got to his front a lot more.

Having said that, I agree with Bathurst Tiger above, the middle starters gave us the platform by getting on top quickly and then back there midway through the second half after the bench got through their grind. Keefy was awesome, with a chase on a potential break by Walker and the subsequent tackle as well on the winger Gray to shut him down was great work on top of his regular quick play the balls.
Glad to see Keiffy get a much deserved wrap. Most have overlooked his contribution in an effort to praise the more obvious choices. Good on you for mentioning him - goes unnoticed too often.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 6:11 pm

alexaki wrote:
Geo. wrote:Lovett does his job week in week out....not a superstar but every team need players like him....his effective tackle rate is quite high...he sticks when he hits...wouldn't be on huge coin either...
Loved how he scrambled to save a try in the in goal during 2nd half
I find this comment a bit odd given your pre game assessment of Lovett...I have a feeling he will be re-signed ...
Alf Duguid wrote:
I just don't get it with Lovett - no punch in offense and doesn't dominate in defense

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
alexaki » June 9th, 2015, 7:06 pm
Thats why he wont be re-signed for 2016
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 6:26 pm

I think Lovett tries really hard and plays a competent game - times hit hit-ups well, carries the ball very securely (zero chance of offload), reads the attack fairly well even when defending out wide.

I think he lacks a certain dynamism that will always make him a backup / support footballer. He's not particularly fast, big, or strong, no offload, does not break tackles.

laufoofan

Post by laufoofan » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 8:03 pm

This is the best game I have seen Keith played. He tackled everything that moved. If he plays like that for the rest of the year, we may not lose another game. Go, get them Keith.

laufoofan

Post by laufoofan » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 8:04 pm

Lovett & Lodge are stars in the making. I can't fault them at all.