Brooks stars in Tigers' upset NRL win

Tigermama

Re: Brooks stars in Tigers' upset NRL win

Post by Tigermama » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 11:10 pm

stryker wrote:
Newtown wrote:"I think the guys got to the point tonight where they had just had enough," he said. "We were close in the last couple of weeks but we'd just had enough. "The energy in the warm up was different, there was another level of intensity, we realised that's where we needed to get to."
What exactly does he mean here? Surely they practised all week to play like that? He sounded surprised that they all turned up ready to have a crack.

Maybe they did go "off script" ;)
Gasnier mentioned on Super Saturday, that JT send word out to the boys after half time telling them to " Play any way you like, but don't concede points."
Interesting i thought! :ugeek:

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 11:14 pm

littletiger wrote:I can't believe how confident brooks is. he really doesn't back down which is pretty amazing for his age.

He started the scuffle in the 61 minute by pushing McQueen for no reason than Tyrrell pushed him over and brooks got straight back up ran at tyrrell and pushed him back. Haha
Lol...Boys will be boys :mrgreen:

marzie

Post by marzie » Mon 15 Jun, 2015 12:34 am

littletiger wrote:I can't believe how confident brooks is. he really doesn't back down which is pretty amazing for his age.

He started the scuffle in the 61 minute by pushing McQueen for no reason than Tyrrell pushed him over and brooks got straight back up ran at tyrrell and pushed him back. Haha
A couple of weeks ago Brooksy slapped beau Scott hard across the face after a tackle and was ready to take him on haha. Scott was attacking his legs every kick which he didn't seem to like too much lol. Love that he stands up for himself

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 15 Jun, 2015 4:32 am

Haha he is exposing the anti punching rule.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 15 Jun, 2015 5:24 am

stryker wrote:Haha he is exposing the anti punching rule.
Yep, he is a smart one, and has been doing similar since midway through last season.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 15 Jun, 2015 5:42 am

Tigermama wrote:
stryker wrote:
Newtown wrote:"I think the guys got to the point tonight where they had just had enough," he said. "We were close in the last couple of weeks but we'd just had enough. "The energy in the warm up was different, there was another level of intensity, we realised that's where we needed to get to."
What exactly does he mean here? Surely they practised all week to play like that? He sounded surprised that they all turned up ready to have a crack.

Maybe they did go "off script" ;)
Gasnier mentioned on Super Saturday, that JT send word out to the boys after half time telling them to " Play any way you like, but don't concede points."
Interesting i thought! :ugeek:
Very interesting Mama, but those that somehow think we played just the same as we did last month will not believe it, as I also have a little trouble doing so. But hey, he did change things up a little in the last couple of games, so you never know.

Either way, they played a little differently and didn't it look and feel good being a WT fan again on Friday night. Love being able to belt out Glory, Glory To The Tigers in the stands.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 15 Jun, 2015 9:35 am

It was great seeing us play exciting footy FG. There were no Zzzzzzzzzzz, to be found anywhere. Wonderful attack and good defence too.
Loved watching the game. :P