Where is the Teddy thread???

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29917
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Re: Where is the Teddy thread???

Post by Geo. » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 8:35 pm

Does it really matter...geesh..

Tedesco was fantastic in both attack and defence last night...In that form he adds a whole new dimension to the side ....takes a lot of pressure of Brooks and Moses...

keep it going Teddy,,,
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen


User avatar
marzie
Member
Member
Posts: 1681
Joined: Fri 15 Aug, 2014 8:43 pm

Post by marzie » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 8:36 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
marzie wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:I want to know where the people who turned on him last yr are after he signed with the Raiders and wanted nothing short of a hit put out on him, then a week later when he reneged was a god again.
Are you saying you weren't extremely upset and disappointed when they announced he was going to raiders? Were you over the moon when he back flipped?
No i'm not saying that at all, i'm not saying people shouldn't have been upset. I was upset when he signed with the Raiders, but i didn't abuse him like a cut snake and then forget i did the moment he reneged. That's what i'm saying.
Abused him in real life or vented frustration and disappointment on an open forum? Lol

User avatar
cqtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2615
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:34 pm
Location: Rockhampton QLD

Post by cqtiger » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 8:48 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:I want to know where the people who turned on him last yr are after he signed with the Raiders and wanted nothing short of a hit put out on him, then a week later when he reneged was a god again.
Why, so you can abuse or belittle them too?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22872
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 8:56 pm

marzie wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
marzie wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:I want to know where the people who turned on him last yr are after he signed with the Raiders and wanted nothing short of a hit put out on him, then a week later when he reneged was a god again.
Are you saying you weren't extremely upset and disappointed when they announced he was going to raiders? Were you over the moon when he back flipped?
No i'm not saying that at all, i'm not saying people shouldn't have been upset. I was upset when he signed with the Raiders, but i didn't abuse him like a cut snake and then forget i did the moment he reneged. That's what i'm saying.
Abused him in real life or vented frustration and disappointment on an open forum? Lol
Haha the one eyed supporters know not what they do.

greatodensraven
Member
Member
Posts: 2181
Joined: Sat 15 Dec, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by greatodensraven » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 12:17 am

iofthetigers wrote:Teddy is brilliant. The amount of extra attention he receives after being tackled (knees,facials etc.)is ridiculous.
He never reacts which highlights his resilience & what great character he is.
Did anyone watch him on the Sunday footy show last week? They were previewing the upcoming souths game & mentioned how Teddy would probably be relieved that inglis wasn't playing because of how he tageted him in the game earlier in the year. Teddy's reaction was classic, just said something like he wasn't aware until after the game that inglis wanted a piece of him so badly. I didn't find this arrogant but more a sign of his self-belief & eagerness for a challenge even when one of the "greats" has it in for him.

Keep it up Teddy, doing us proud!


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41543
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 12:31 am

The most impressive thing for me were the two one on one tackles on Burgess when he broke through

Was I upset when he decided to leave ?? Yes for the WT's , but was happy that he would of set himself up well for the rest of his life

Was even happier when he finally got some of the upgrade he was wanting

tigertye
Member
Member
Posts: 1199
Joined: Sun 20 Mar, 2011 11:59 pm

Post by tigertye » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 2:45 am

The kid has it all. Will be in the top 3 players in the game IMO within 5 years.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4138
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 7:37 am

marzie wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
marzie wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:I want to know where the people who turned on him last yr are after he signed with the Raiders and wanted nothing short of a hit put out on him, then a week later when he reneged was a god again.
Are you saying you weren't extremely upset and disappointed when they announced he was going to raiders? Were you over the moon when he back flipped?
No i'm not saying that at all, i'm not saying people shouldn't have been upset. I was upset when he signed with the Raiders, but i didn't abuse him like a cut snake and then forget i did the moment he reneged. That's what i'm saying.
Abused him in real life or vented frustration and disappointment on an open forum? Lol
This forum is part of the "real life" that James was living at the time, with him and the club only too aware of the vitriol aimed at him, here and elsewhere on social media. I for one was embarrassed by the Tede$co rubbish on here and the fact that fellow moderators allowed the change by one of their number to persist made it worse.

Frustration on the spur of the moment is one thing, but carrying on for weeks, or allowing it is another matter altogether. Luckily he was injured, for which he was copping it as well, as he had plenty of time to dig all the knives out of his back.

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 7:57 am

I have no issues with going off my nut when he was leaving and being completely stoked that he stayed.

Its called being a Tigers supporter. Anyone stating that I should just accept a player like Tedesco leaving who is a great player just starting to come good who has come up through the juniors in my opinion has their head screwed on a little funny.

User avatar
Stripes96
Member
Member
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu 08 Mar, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 8:19 am

I don't understand why we weren't allowed to be angry with Teddy, and then forgive him when he made the right decision.

Tedesco deserved the flak he copped when he accepted the Raiders offer, after the opportunities the tigers gave him in first grade, stuck with him after years of injury and had obvious plans to make him an integral part of their long-term plans, Teddy turned around and signs for a team with no real aspirations, solely for the money. That's business but it's very close to spitting in the Tigers' collective face after all the money and effort they'd put into him. I'd be pretty upset.

But then Teddy turned around again, made the right decision and stayed. What are fans supposed to do then? Stay angry?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Image

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41543
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 9:10 am

Problem with what happened with Tedesco gate was people were getting angry at the wrong people

It was the club that didn't meet his offer until almost 12 months after they started negotiations

As Farah said , how this club almost let him go was ludicrous and said more about the club than it did Tedesco

User avatar
Masterton
Member
Member
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Masterton » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 9:18 am

Considering his age, lack of current rep duties etc, I think I'd take him over any other fullback in the comp.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41543
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 9:22 am

marzie wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
marzie wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:I want to know where the people who turned on him last yr are after he signed with the Raiders and wanted nothing short of a hit put out on him, then a week later when he reneged was a god again.
Are you saying you weren't extremely upset and disappointed when they announced he was going to raiders? Were you over the moon when he back flipped?
No i'm not saying that at all, i'm not saying people shouldn't have been upset. I was upset when he signed with the Raiders, but i didn't abuse him like a cut snake and then forget i did the moment he reneged. That's what i'm saying.
Abused him in real life or vented frustration and disappointment on an open forum? Lol
He got a lot of abuse on social media

User avatar
simonthetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3406
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 9:29 am

But didnt he play great again on Friday?

So happy with his form!!

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5244
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 10:15 am

happy tiger wrote:Problem with what happened with Tedesco gate was people were getting angry at the wrong people

It was the club that didn't meet his offer until almost 12 months after they started negotiations

As Farah said , how this club almost let him go was ludicrous and said more about the club than it did Tedesco
Agree with you happy - more to do with the club than Teddy.

Must admit I submitted a post that was derogatory - sent an email quickly to Kul to withdraw it, luckily it was before it was posted. I wasn't very complimentary to say the least but regretted it as soon as I hit submit.

I think we were all hurt that he was going but I and probably a lot of people didn't stop and think that it was the club rather than him. We found out later that he didn't want to go and thought the club didn't want him. Fortunately it was sorted, after Farah explained to us I realised it was not he money but a valid reason. I apologise to Teddy for the post that was not posted and am so glad you stayed.

If we didn't care about him. I don't think anyone would have been upset that he may have gone.

He didn't go - we are all glad he didn't. Let's move on and enjoy this future champions work.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4138
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 10:37 am

Russell wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Problem with what happened with Tedesco gate was people were getting angry at the wrong people

It was the club that didn't meet his offer until almost 12 months after they started negotiations

As Farah said , how this club almost let him go was ludicrous and said more about the club than it did Tedesco
Agree with you happy - more to do with the club than Teddy.

Must admit I submitted a post that was derogatory - sent an email quickly to Kul to withdraw it, luckily it was before it was posted. I wasn't very complimentary to say the least but regretted it as soon as I hit submit.

I think we were all hurt that he was going but I and probably a lot of people didn't stop and think that it was the club rather than him. We found out later that he didn't want to go and thought the club didn't want him. Fortunately it was sorted, after Farah explained to us I realised it was not he money but a valid reason. I apologise to Teddy for the post that was not posted and am so glad you stayed.

If we didn't care about him. I don't think anyone would have been upset that he may have gone.

He didn't go - we are all glad he didn't. Let's move on and enjoy this future champions work.
That is the big difference Russell, spur of the moment decision rather than the protracted derision that took place. The subsequent retraction on your part is good to hear of. Shameful that many others did not do similarly.

Post Reply