Cherrington

Jay

Cherrington

Post by Jay » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 7:25 pm

Is there a Cherrington thread? Maybe I missed it. He has impressed me immensely. He is, no doubt, the long term hooker option. I hope we can keep him. His passes are so quick and bullet like, he has speed.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 8:54 pm

He should be signed long term as Farah's successor. He needs to put on some size over the next 1-2 years but will be ready when he is a bit stronger. Real talent.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 9:12 pm

He looked like he is not far off belonging last night, but gee that Liddle has really looked the goods every time that I have seen him play, and may well be a better proposition long term.

Tigerheart_returns

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 9:46 pm

I would start to give him more game time, we have speed and we need it everywhere...

Ngapuhi for life

Post by Ngapuhi for life » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 10:58 pm

You must be joking (Formerguest) , Liddle is a long way off from cherrington , I watched him last nite he needs to put on 20kgs , sure his darts from dummy half are good but his skills in passing short and long ball are very average and remember it's only NYC, I can see cherrington being the next #9 for many years to come for Tigers and if he is good enough to play FG it'll probably be for another club

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 11:03 pm

He looks the goods IMO.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 11:12 pm

He was sharp and his passes were crisp and on the money . None of the usual one out hospital balls .
I liked what I seen !

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Tigersman

Post by Tigersman » Sat 13 Jun, 2015 11:16 pm

I've loved him since I saw him in the NYC. I'd leave him on the bench for the rest of the season in place of Halatau who is injured atm. I'd give him 15 mins at the end of the 1st half and 15 minutes in the middle of the second half. He could bust the game open with those passes of his.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
Tigersman since 2013!

Moh

Post by Moh » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 12:05 am

While I completely agree Tigersman (mostly to keep him at our club), what would that mean for Halatau who has been great for us this season? Do you keep him on the bench for the backrow rotation... which will give us a very light bench... and if so, who would you drop?

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 1:26 am

Tigersman wrote:I've loved him since I saw him in the NYC. I'd leave him on the bench for the rest of the season in place of Halatau who is injured atm. I'd give him 15 mins at the end of the 1st half and 15 minutes in the middle of the second half. He could bust the game open with those passes of his.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
I agree he needs to be on the bench. His first two games in the NRL have been outstanding.
It is very disappointing when a piece is missing and Cherrington is the final piece of the future.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 3:16 am

Ngapuhi for life wrote:You must be joking (Formerguest) , Liddle is a long way off from cherrington , I watched him last nite he needs to put on 20kgs , sure his darts from dummy half are good but his skills in passing short and long ball are very average and remember it's only NYC, I can see cherrington being the next #9 for many years to come for Tigers and if he is good enough to play FG it'll probably be for another club
No, Liddle is a special kid. He oozes talent and will challenge Cherrington.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 7:03 am

Ngapuhi for life wrote:You must be joking (Formerguest) , Liddle is a long way off from cherrington , I watched him last nite he needs to put on 20kgs , sure his darts from dummy half are good but his skills in passing short and long ball are very average and remember it's only NYC, I can see cherrington being the next #9 for many years to come for Tigers and if he is good enough to play FG it'll probably be for another club
Geez, I praise a player in stating that he looks just about ready for a permanent top grade spot and get jumped upon for suggesting another player may, I repeat, may turn out to be a better proposition. Probably a fair chance that being more than two years younger, he will have no trouble putting on a good few kilos as well over the coming seasons, wouldn't you think?

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 7:54 am

I haven't seen enough of Liddle to judge, but I'm guessing that he will lose out because Cherrington has arrived at the perfect time for a Farah succession plan.

Cherrington has been surprisingly comfortable in first grade from what I've seen. I was worried about his size. Maybe other teams are too busy targeting out little halves to worry about our little hooker. I'm not sure I'd have him as regular benchie, but I'd like to see him get a few more runs this year.
Last edited by Masterton on Sun 14 Jun, 2015 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 7:56 am

I certainly would be keeping Cherrington on the bench for a few weeks at least.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 8:03 am

We have invested in our young halves to be the future of the WTs team,why not Mania,he certainly looks the goods and is just as talented as the halves albeit in a different position..
And from what I have seen,he certainly doesn't mind having a red hot go....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 9:47 am

Must keep him at all costs - as Fumbles said "Last piece of the puzzle."

On the bench whilst Halatau is injured should give him a few more weeks and SOO 3 should give him another so should be set for a month and then we can what will happen.

Liddle has a long way to go imo and playing well in NYC is one thing, size is another and he has other things to work on as well. Review him again in 2017. If we lose him in the meantime - so be it.