Pat Richards

Tigerheart_returns

Pat Richards

Unread post by Tigerheart_returns » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 6:47 am

I know many in recent times have called for his head, but gee he is an evergreen, and yes, not the fastest in the world, but a 110%er for sure!

Should be resigned for one more year, in my book...

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 7:54 am

I think we have to let him go. His worst trait which is his lack of speed is our biggest weakness.

His kicking game is great but we cannot carry this guy especially when we get some injuries to players like SImona and Nofolauma.

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Masterton » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 8:02 am

I think the club would be wise to leave the re-signing decision until later in the year. At the moment there is no-one knocking on the door at his position but things may change.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

king sirro

Unread post by king sirro » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 8:03 am

stevetiger wrote:I think we have to let him go. His worst trait which is his lack of speed is our biggest weakness.

His kicking game is great but we cannot carry this guy especially when we get some injuries to players like SImona and Nofolauma.

I think u raise the big issue regarding Richards. At full strength it all works ok because we have men around him who provide the speed and class which allows us to benefit from his good points. But as soon as those speed men are hurt and we are under strength, that's when it doesn't work having Patty in the team. I'm against resigning him, it's time to move on IMO
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Love the WestsTigers

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 8:32 am

Despite his lack of speed he is too much of an asset to let go.
So many conversions Benji would have missed if he was kicking for us this year,
In the past we have lost close ones by missing goals.

Yes, Patty is slow and unable to break the line BUT he compensates in other avenues..

marzie

Unread post by marzie » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 8:59 am

He's fast enough imo. Nofoaluma is not the quickest either...it's not all about speed

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 9:12 am

Love the WestsTigers wrote:Yes, Patty is slow and unable to break the line BUT he compensates in other avenues..
I don't think that this is an acceptable solution. We can all see that his performance as a winger is beyond ordinary. Yes it works sometimes when we have our top team out there. We are really light on though in the speed or ability to bust the line in our outside backs. Simona and Nofo are great but when we lose them or even one of them we can look ordinary. This puts pressure on the whole team especially the young halves.
marzie wrote:He's fast enough imo. Nofoaluma is not the quickest either...it's not all about speed
Nofo busts the line. He mightn't be lightning quick but he is strong as an ox. I view him as being like an NFL running back.

Milky

Unread post by Milky » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 9:16 am

marzie wrote:He's fast enough imo. Nofoaluma is not the quickest either...it's not all about speed
nofa is pretty fast, injuries just prevent him from running as fast as he can.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

cunno

Unread post by cunno » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 9:27 am

This will be a tough one for the club we have a bloke here who if league was like NFL would be signed for his kicking and I must admit it has been a relief having a good kicker for a change after years of kicking inconsistency. The question is whether his kicking is enough to retain him, as he is not going to be a running game breaker or finisher at this stage of his career. In some ways he's a bit like Lote who struggled in his later seasons with us when things were tough but went to souffs and because he was in a strong team he went well. If we can keep out best or near best team on the field then Pat would be similar. I am not trying to make a direct comparisopn between Pat and Lote just the point of the importance of the team around them at this stage in their careers.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 9:28 am

The club doesn't need to hurry on this , lets see where he is at the end of the season

I can't see any other club rushing out to snap him up , but I could be wrong

And if we are wrong , we move on and pick someone else up or bring someone else through

Russell

Unread post by Russell » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 9:58 am

Milky wrote:

Are you saying he is a liability? LOL
We already have a negative with his defense in the centre.

tig_prmz

Unread post by tig_prmz » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 10:47 am

Milky wrote:

iirc from a year ago, his acceleration is pretty good but top speed not so much.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Milky

Unread post by Milky » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 11:55 am

Russell wrote:
Milky wrote:

How am I saying he's a liability? the ammount of pessimistic people on this forum is beyond me.

Russell

Unread post by Russell » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 2:09 pm

Milky wrote:
Russell wrote:
Milky wrote:

How am I saying he's a liability? the ammount of pessimistic people on this forum is beyond me.

No one is being pessimistic - you stated he is not as fast because of injuries.
JT's policy is not to play injured players. Therefore there was no injuries holding him back.
The question was then - has he slowed down when fully fit. If he has then that could be constituted as a liability.
You are too thin skinned Milky when it comes to your favourites. Then again aren't we all.

VanillaThunder

Unread post by VanillaThunder » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 2:29 pm

Russell wrote:
Milky wrote:
Russell wrote:
"Milky" wrote: nofa is pretty fast, injuries just prevent him from running as fast as he can.

JT's policy is not to play injured players. Therefore there was no injuries holding him back.
The question was then - has he slowed down when fully fit. If he has then that could be constituted as a liability.
You are too thin skinned Milky when it comes to your favourites. Then again aren't we all.
JT's policy lasted all of a few weeks, that much is clear for all to see. Nofo isn't the fastest, though even if he has slowed down he still put up 170-ish metres first game back from injury. He's an incredibly strong runner, safe under the high ball and an incredible finisher. Not a liability. We could do worse than having three more of him out there.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 3:21 pm

VanillaThunder wrote:
Russell wrote:
Milky wrote:
Russell wrote: Are you saying he is a liability? LOL

JT's policy lasted all of a few weeks, that much is clear for all to see. Nofo isn't the fastest, though even if he has slowed down he still put up 170-ish metres first game back from injury. He's an incredibly strong runner, safe under the high ball and an incredible finisher. Not a liability. We could do worse than having three more of him out there.

Nofo isn't particularly fast for an outside back, but geez his ability to bust tackles is very reminiscent of Tuiaki. Almost impossible to stop close to the line and he's not a particularly big bloke, so his upper body strength must be immense. After him being so long on the sidelines, I would've been happy for him to just be able to do his job and complete the match the other night, but he went beyond that and came up with that pearler of a try - amazing really. God I hope he and Simona can stay on the field together for the rest of the season.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 3:51 pm

WHAT Flip said....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sun 14 Jun, 2015 3:52 pm

VanillaThunder wrote:
Russell wrote:
Milky wrote:
Russell wrote: Are you saying he is a liability? LOL

a few weeks? noffa didnt play last week because of that exact policy. he trained with the squad up til the last session and then wasnt allowed to play until this week.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Return to “Round 14: Wests Tigers vs South Sydney”