**Live game thread**

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: **Live game thread**

Unread post by MacDougall » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:11 pm

Lol Taupau quiet.

13 runs for 141 metres 20 tackles 3 tackle breaks and a line break and he threw up after 20 minutes.

He's a machine.

Woods was very flat. Probably shouldn't have backed up. For the first time in a long time Galloway ran for more metres and so did Ava and Marty.

Ava was tremendous. Tedesco was amazing as usual. Was a pretty unfortunate game with Nofoaluma going down hurt, Taupau sick and Woodsy flatter than usual. Manly really stepped up too and their international halves played like international halves.

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:13 pm

happy tiger wrote:We didn't probably deserve to win , our defence again let us down

I'm getting sick of refs though , how two almost identical situations 48 hours apart (Stewart's 2nd try and Inglis no try ) can be ruled differently just amazes me

And then how a video ref can use the worst possible angle to view Simona's no try when the other shows clear try baffles me
No way did Simona score that, mate. Can't blame the refs for our loss tonight, we got a lot of good calls and won the penalty count 9 - 6 at Brookvale, which is amazing in itself. We just couldn't capitalise on it and beat ourselves in the end. Ftr, I reckon the DCE 'no try' was a try, also.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:14 pm

The other thing with the young fellas on this steep learning curves defensively is this

No matter how many times you watch say a DCE , Cronk ,Pearce ,Inglis ,Smith on TV and video sessions is not until you play against them you realize how good their step is , timing of a pass , learn their strengths and weaknesses , their ball runners etc You learn most of it in the heat of the battle

Manly still put a good side on the paddock , and Mateo turned into Artie Beetson and El Masri as he usually does against us

We can attack , we need to learn to defend , and I reckon I will say that a thousand more times this season

simonthetiger

Unread post by simonthetiger » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:16 pm

Geo. wrote:Proud of the effort....in years gone by we could have been on the end of a hammering....Injuries in game and the inability to defend errors cost us in the end.....

Proud of the effort???

Lay off the crack pipe man.

That was a terrible display.

No line speed in defense,we let their halves run way too long,got bashed by the worst pack in the comp and made stupid schoolboy errors time after time...

Yeah great effort everyone.....lets break out the bubbly!

hobbo
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by hobbo » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:16 pm

I wasn't to disappointed on the result as previous weeks .
Tapau was crook ,woods was backing up , Nofa getting injured .
Galloway was poor for his 200th hit out , but lawrence is looking good in the second row .
Simona was good !
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

kafta
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by kafta » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:21 pm

one repeat set can anyone grubber it in goal apart from farah.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 389 times

Unread post by Geo. » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:24 pm

simonthetiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:Proud of the effort....in years gone by we could have been on the end of a hammering....Injuries in game and the inability to defend errors cost us in the end.....

Proud of the effort???

Lay off the crack pipe man.

That was a terrible display.

No line speed in defense,we let their halves run way too long,got bashed by the worst pack in the comp and made stupid schoolboy errors time after time...

Yeah great effort everyone.....lets break out the bubbly!
OK
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

hobbo

Unread post by hobbo » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:26 pm

kafta wrote:one repeat set can anyone grubber it in goal apart from farah.

Our grubbers into the in goal were bad , most ended up being caught on the full .
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

ryanda01
Has liked: 4 times

Unread post by ryanda01 » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:28 pm

MacDougall wrote:Lol Taupau quiet.

13 runs for 141 metres 20 tackles 3 tackle breaks and a line break and he threw up after 20 minutes.

He's a machine .
I said seemed quiet. He had 22 tackles 11 tackle breaks last week. I suppose anything would seem quiet compared to that....

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:29 pm

Flippedy wrote:
happy tiger wrote:We didn't probably deserve to win , our defence again let us down

I'm getting sick of refs though , how two almost identical situations 48 hours apart (Stewart's 2nd try and Inglis no try ) can be ruled differently just amazes me

And then how a video ref can use the worst possible angle to view Simona's no try when the other shows clear try baffles me
No way did Simona score that, mate. Can't blame the refs for our loss tonight, we got a lot of good calls and won the penalty count 9 - 6 at Brookvale, which is amazing in itself. We just couldn't capitalise on it and beat ourselves in the end. Ftr, I reckon the DCE 'no try' was a try, also.
Flip explain this to me brother , the best camera angle to see that try was side on , had to be , it was on the line and so was the camera angle

When they show that angle everyone bar Manly Man Rabbits says try

Then for some unknown reason they look head on and look at that 4 times

Stewarts second try was similar to Inglis try on Wednesday except it is more defining The bloke hitting the ball up has either passed the ball forward into the Tigers player or knocked it on

Their is NO other option , their is no strip .

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Geo. » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:42 pm

I'm with Happy on this,,,,the frustrating part is that if Maxwell sends Simona's it up as a TRY ...it's a TRY....

The Manly guy clearly passed the ball onto the Wests Tigers player yet it goes up as a TRY...and Hayne's a Muppet...
Ivan's Laws

Tiger Watto wrote:
Geo nailed it...

hobbo

Unread post by hobbo » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:45 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Flippedy wrote:

Flip explain this to me brother , the best camera angle to see that try was side on , had to be , it was on the line and so was the camera angle

Stewarts second try was similar to Inglis try on Wednesday except it is more defining The bloke hitting the ball up has either passed the ball forward into the Tigers player or knocked it on

Their is NO other option , their is no strip .[/

Come on happy mate , myles propelled the ball forward to GI & GI was in front of myles when he picked up the ball .

Watch NRL 360 then call me :-)

Cherry Evans no try was a no try there was clear separation
Stewart's strip was a clear take out .

But I agree with the Simona try , the first camera angle shows the ball on the line then the ball gets squashed out .

Make sure you watch NRL 360 !!!!
You'll get it then mate !

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:56 pm

Hobbo you need to stop trying to watch this stuff with 2 pairs of sunnies on

Take your blues glasses off , put your WT's coke bottle glasses on

Then you'll get it

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:59 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Flippedy wrote:

Their is NO other option , their is no strip .
Believe me I wanted it to be a try more than anyone, but he just didn't have control of the football over the line - it had slipped out the back of his arm, it doesn't matter which angle you look at it.

hobbo

Unread post by hobbo » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 11:06 pm

happy tiger wrote:Hobbo you need to stop trying to watch this stuff with 2 pairs of sunnies on

Then you'll get it
I've always got my Wests Tigers glasses on .
Stop being so pig headed and watch NRL 360 FFS

Even Billy Moore said the Inglis try was a no try .

EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 11:06 pm

He lands on the line with the ball from the side on angle mate ,and then it rolls forward

My point on this is this , the front on angle was still the worst angle to make the decision on

And that's where most of my anger is directed at , the side on angle was the best angle

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 11:14 pm

happy tiger wrote:He lands on the line with the ball from the side on angle mate ,and then it rolls forward

My point on this is this , the front on angle was still the worst angle to make the decision on

And that's where most of my anger is directed at , the side on angle was the best angle
Fair enough, we'll agree to disagree. I didn't think any angle was conclusive, but I get your point.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Geo. » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 11:18 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Hobbo you need to stop trying to watch this stuff with 2 pairs of sunnies on

Then you'll get it
I've always got my Wests Tigers glasses on .
Stop being so pig headed and watch NRL 360 FFS

Even Billy Moore said the Inglis try was a no try .

He won't only sees what he wants to see...
Ivan's Laws

Tiger Watto wrote:
Geo nailed it...

Return to “Round 15: Wests Tigers vs Manly Sea Eagles”