Brendan Santi

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6899
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Brendan Santi

Post by Sabre » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 9:19 pm

I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but has this guy ever done anything to demonstrate he is worthy of a first grade spot?

He has a reputation of being a tackling machine but I don't even see that much. I just don't think he has anything of note attribute wise.


User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21848
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 9:20 pm

He's alright. I'm a fan of both him and Lovett. Not every player in your side can be superstars.

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 9:48 pm

His drop ball after getting smashed by Mason cost us the game.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Mccarry
Member
Member
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri 21 Jun, 2013 5:06 pm

Post by Mccarry » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 9:53 pm

king sirro wrote:His drop ball after getting smashed by Mason cost us the game.
No it didn't. Our defence cost us the game. We scored enough points in the wet to win that

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3882
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 9:55 pm

king sirro wrote:His drop ball after getting smashed by Mason cost us the game.
He was very dirty on himself too as he knew it was a vital mistake. Certainly gave them a good leg up.


User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5473
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 9:58 pm

Hi is a backup player at best.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm

I thought he was good apart from that mistake but I think that was the best game in first grade that he has played.
Last edited by stevetiger on Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:02 pm

Mccarry wrote:
king sirro wrote:His drop ball after getting smashed by Mason cost us the game.
No it didn't. Our defence cost us the game. We scored enough points in the wet to win that

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

When u lose many things contribute. So I agree with u that our defence cost us. However I also feel that Santi dropping that ball cost us 12 pints and possibly 18 points. Manly scored off that set instead of us possibly scoring. I also believe they don't score the try on halftime if he holds it. But Yeh I do agree we still should defend the mistake. What makes me dirty is that he only made the error because his ego got in the way. He carried on like a hoose after getting smashed and that's why the error occurred. He should be very filthy in himself
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28986
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:07 pm

king sirro wrote:His drop ball after getting smashed by Mason cost us the game.
Harsh mate ...yes it was a bad error but if you can't defend errors you ain't going to win many games...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21848
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:09 pm

He has a decent work rate for the limited mins he gets. Never takes a backward step.

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:10 pm

Geo. wrote:
king sirro wrote:His drop ball after getting smashed by Mason cost us the game.
Harsh mate ...yes it was a bad error but if you can't defend errors you ain't going to win many games...
See above post brother. I do agree we should defend it
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:11 pm

king sirro wrote:He carried on like a hoose after getting smashed and that's why the error occurred. He should be very filthy in himself
That was really poor. He got smashed but he didn't drop it and all he had to do was play the ball.

User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 3364
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am

Post by TIGER » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:24 pm

He's very ordinary isn't he, lovett on the other hand is really warming to his task and becoming a solid first grader,i thought he was very good tonight.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6969
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:35 pm

Got hit in a bell ringer and stuffed up the play the ball, not the first player to do that. If you are looking for a scalp, Nofo cost us 12 points with schoolboy reads in defence. I actually think we need to preserver with Santi, every team needs a Fulton clone

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:40 pm

supercoach wrote:Got hit in a bell ringer and stuffed up the play the ball, not the first player to do that. If you are looking for a scalp, Nofo cost us 12 points with schoolboy reads in defence. I actually think we need to preserver with Santi, every team needs a Fulton clone
Yeh can't argue with that. Good point. Nofo is definitely a work in progress defensively in the centre's. JT has acknowledged that. I think we need Seve to nail right centre so Nofo can go back to the wing. Nofo doesn't trust his Inside man enough and that's his issue.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Coasttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed 15 Feb, 2012 2:45 pm

Post by Coasttiger » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:48 pm

king sirro wrote:
supercoach wrote:Got hit in a bell ringer and stuffed up the play the ball, not the first player to do that. If you are looking for a scalp, Nofo cost us 12 points with schoolboy reads in defence. I actually think we need to preserver with Santi, every team needs a Fulton clone
Yeh can't argue with that. Good point. Nofo is definitely a work in progress defensively in the centre's. JT has acknowledged that. I think we need Seve to nail right centre so Nofo can go back to the wing. Nofo doesn't trust his Inside man enough and that's his issue.
Yep Nofo looked lost in defence tonight. Classic when that cross kick went up and he basically ran away from the ball and left Kev to clean it up.

Poor reads in defence by Nofo cost us dearly tonight.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6969
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:54 pm

king sirro wrote:
supercoach wrote:Got hit in a bell ringer and stuffed up the play the ball, not the first player to do that. If you are looking for a scalp, Nofo cost us 12 points with schoolboy reads in defence. I actually think we need to preserver with Santi, every team needs a Fulton clone
Yeh can't argue with that. Good point. Nofo is definitely a work in progress defensively in the centre's. JT has acknowledged that. I think we need Seve to nail right centre so Nofo can go back to the wing. Nofo doesn't trust his Inside man enough and that's his issue.
Mate agreed, Nofo is a way better winger, but if you look at his stats he has always struggled with his defense even when he was a winger. Its not that he is a bad tackler, rather he makes some very bad reads.

User avatar
the third
Member
Member
Posts: 842
Joined: Wed 01 Sep, 2010 10:55 pm
Location: here and there

Post by the third » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:55 pm

JT was looking for a winger or centre and was going to see which it was... its a centre for sure. Nofo was far more dynamic as a winger

Post Reply