Brendan Santi

Masterton

Re: Brendan Santi

Post by Masterton » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 10:57 pm

I thought he was showing some extra vigour in attack tonight, but that drop cost us dearly.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Chevy

Post by Chevy » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 11:32 pm

Nofo is a strong runner of the ball but has trust issues in defence with his team mates,he needs to over come this and work with them rather than going one out on his own accord and being found wanting.
The Santi mistake was costly but can not be blamed entirely for the loss,he is no world beater but seems a handy type that may be able to do a lot of the dirty work.

TJL

Post by TJL » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 11:45 pm

Both he and Nofo were pathetic, one should be playing park footy and the other needs to trust those around him in defence.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 12:43 am

Mccarry wrote:
king sirro wrote:His drop ball after getting smashed by Mason cost us the game.
No it didn't. Our defence cost us the game. We scored enough points in the wet to win that

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

I have to admit I was filthy with him when he dropped the ball. Killed all the momentum...

tigsta

Post by tigsta » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 7:34 am

king sirro wrote:
supercoach wrote:Got hit in a bell ringer and stuffed up the play the ball, not the first player to do that. If you are looking for a scalp, Nofo cost us 12 points with schoolboy reads in defence. I actually think we need to preserver with Santi, every team needs a Fulton clone
Yeh can't argue with that. Good point. Nofo is definitely a work in progress defensively in the centre's. JT has acknowledged that. I think we need Seve to nail right centre so Nofo can go back to the wing. Nofo doesn't trust his Inside man enough and that's his issue.
Especially when the inside man is Moses.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 9:02 am

tsjonathan wrote:
Mccarry wrote:
No it didn't. Our defence cost us the game. We scored enough points in the wet to win that

I have to admit I was filthy with him when he dropped the ball. Killed all the momentum...
Agree. We weren't shinning but it was on the back of an error from Manly and momentum should of been with us. The simple drop ball cost us a try against us in that set and killed us. :deadhorse: :bash

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 9:10 am

You can't blame Santi for that guys , we were on a roll and he was just trying to keep the momentum flowing

If you want to be pickier , he moves to the wrong side of the ruck and opened up the guts when Manly scored their third try just before half time

That was a far bigger error in my opinion

I liked the way he was bending the line in the middle of the ruck last night

I think we need to persevere with him personally , he could be a massive work in progress over the next 18 months

He reminds me of Corey Parker and he took a fair while to become an established NRL player

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 9:15 am

happy tiger wrote:You can't blame Santi for that guys , we were on a roll and he was just trying to keep the momentum flowing

If you want to be pickier , he moves to the wrong side of the ruck and opened up the guts when Manly scored their third try just before half time

I think we need to persevere with him personally , he could be a massive work in progress over the next 18 months

He reminds me of Corey Parker and he took a fair while to become an established NRL player
There is no reason why we can't further develop him as really he wouldn't be costing us much to keep on the books anyway.
Emotions run high after a loss and blame every player .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 9:22 am

He seems to be a easy target for the fans after a loss, in a game where a host of players made errors that lead to momentum swings and points it seems unfair to highlight this error. As I said before he is a type of player we need in the team especially with talk of reducing the interchange

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 9:24 am

happy tiger wrote:You can't blame Santi for that guys , we were on a roll and he was just trying to keep the momentum flowing

He was rattled by the shot Mason put on him. He tried to do the right thing and not let it slow down the play the ball and he lost it. You could see it coming.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 9:37 am

Brendan Santi is a tryer,he is a work horse that is still a little imature in the NRL arena,if he was a big name player in the team that everyone loves and made the same mistake,would it have been more of " ok he made a mistake let's move on" ....all have said we have a young side,mistakes are going to happen,you can't crucify a young fella having ago,but got a little anxious after being hit hard...yes it did cost us,but over the games that he has been in some more highly reputed players have made bigger blues and cost us games.....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 9:54 am

I don't mind Santi but he has a few errors in his game. I love his tackling technique though. Very classical. Anyway we didn't lose last night because he dropped the ball. It didn't help but there were a number of things not least the lazy defence that let Foran stroll through a gap wider than Sydney Heads to score before half time.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 10:07 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:You could see it coming.
Yeah, it was odd. I felt the same way, like it was inevitable.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 10:24 am

Santi will be an 80min punch it up and tackling machine Lock from 2016... The changes to the Interchange will define his career.

Needs to get his motor right!

"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

batboy

Post by batboy » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 10:29 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Santi will be an 80min punch it up and tackling machine Lock from 2016... The changes to the Interchange will define his career.

Needs to get his motor right!

Been thinking the same thing Watto...
Once these big boys have to go for a bit longer, Our smaller second row might come to the forefront of the comp.
This baptism of fire that Lovett and Santi are under at the moment will pay off for them at the back end of this season rolling into next.
Really missed Jesse in the middle last night...

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 11:10 am

If he lost us the game, what did Nofa do? Apart from go off that is.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 11:21 am

I think he is a definite keeper. I like his style, his effort and that he wants to play for US.
Even at this stage I think he is a better back rower than Lovett. If we can't keep both - Imo it is bye bye Lovett.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 11:33 am

Yossarian wrote:I don't mind Santi but he has a few errors in his game. I love his tackling technique though. Very classical. Anyway we didn't lose last night because he dropped the ball. It didn't help but there were a number of things not least the lazy defence that let Foran stroll through a gap wider than Sydney Heads to score before half time.
I'm probably going to get shot for this , and I'm Teddy's biggest fan but Teddy should of screamed himself horse the second he saw where Santi ended up

Did anyone hear Lockyer's comments about Slater on Wednesday , that the biggest strength and biggest loss for Qld would be Slater calling the defensive line in position

I'm starting to be worried that our bloke at the back could be causing some of the problems with players so badly out of position in defence