Rabs

User avatar
vlad
Member
Member
Posts: 716
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:56 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: Rabs

Unread post by vlad » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 4:40 am

DCE drops the ball over the line & Rabs argues that it's a try , lol


User avatar
Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 10362
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:41 am

the commentating on last weeks game was heaps better, vastly more professional

User avatar
Eye Of Da Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2017
Joined: Wed 16 Jan, 2013 10:49 pm

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 9:07 am

This guy makes me sick. I had to find the mute button on more than one occasion. Reckons he knows every rule and every interpretation but only when it suited him. Imagine him as a video ref!

tigertye
Member
Member
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sun 20 Mar, 2011 11:59 pm
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by tigertye » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 3:16 pm

Rabs is a nice fella, but far out is he doing my head in. He's had a few battles in his personal life so I feel for the guy, but seriously the NRL needs to realise he's annoying a lot of people these days with his rants and I must admit a professionally called game is much better to listen to. Last weeks commentator for Tigers and Rabbits was great. Give him the gig. Sterlo is also a very good caller, very unbiased.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

User avatar
Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 6745
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 3:53 pm

He might not be as good as he once was but he is still a lot better than anyone who comes close to being able to challenge him for the job.


User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2055
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by barra » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 4:01 pm

I usually enjoy his commentary but he annoyed the hell out of me last night. Seems to be anti-tigers at the moment, and pro-whoever we are playing!

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3168
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by cktiger » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:01 pm

Sabre wrote:He might not be as good as he once was but he is still a lot better than anyone who comes close to being able to challenge him for the job.
He's been crap for years now - there are plenty better.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5452
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:46 pm

Sabre wrote:He might not be as good as he once was but he is still a lot better than anyone who comes close to being able to challenge him for the job.
5 years ago I would have agreed with you, but not now, goes off on rants no matter who is with him. And seems now to be more intent on showing anyone that will listen , how good his knowledge of the rules is , I missed a fair bit of Commentary last night, due to a family dinner, but I heard bits , including him going off again about the rules.
I certainly didn't miss having to put up with him . It's a shame about what's happening to him.

As for being a supporter , he's been a Parra supporter since at least the mid 70s to my knowledge. He had a game in a touch side that I was playingwith( before touch became as big) . We only had a few teams, and one of the blokes knew him and dragged him down for a game, and he gave it a huge wrap the next week while doing a Wests game at
Lidcombe.
The next week we had an influx of new teams , thanks to him.
I'm pretty sure that it eventually became the Parra Touch Comp , that was not long before I moved to the Coast, and there was no question that he loved Parra
A good bloke , but new blood is needed

User avatar
Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 7937
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Unread post by Flippedy » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 6:04 pm

barra wrote:I usually enjoy his commentary but he annoyed the hell out of me last night. Seems to be anti-tigers at the moment, and pro-whoever we are playing!
What makes you think that, Barra? I've never found him to be anti-Tigers, he is always banging on about how good Tedesco, Woods and Taupau are and singing the praises of our up and comers etc. Sure he talked up a lot of the players in Manly last night also, but I wouldn't say his commentary showed any particular favouritism. All commentators will focus more on players from the team that is winning throughout a match and unfortunately Manly was winning.

He is just more annoying these days than anything, and bangs on about irrelevant things during the commentary, but I certainly wouldn't say he is anti any particular team, unless he has a wager on as some have suggested.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 2405
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by TIGER » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 9:33 pm

He called willy mason tom symonds at one stage. I remember turning to my wife and saying 'symonds has red hair, how the hell can you get him confused with mason?'

User avatar
wd in perth
Member
Member
Posts: 1826
Joined: Sun 30 Mar, 2014 9:53 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 10:31 pm

Flippedy wrote:
barra wrote:I usually enjoy his commentary but he annoyed the hell out of me last night. Seems to be anti-tigers at the moment, and pro-whoever we are playing!
What makes you think that, Barra? I've never found him to be anti-Tigers, he is always banging on about how good Tedesco, Woods and Taupau are and singing the praises of our up and comers etc. Sure he talked up a lot of the players in Manly last night also, but I wouldn't say his commentary showed any particular favouritism. All commentators will focus more on players from the team that is winning throughout a match and unfortunately Manly was winning.

He is just more annoying these days than anything, and bangs on about irrelevant things during the commentary, but I certainly wouldn't say he is anti any particular team, unless he has a wager on as some have suggested.
Im with you Flip, he does my head in completely, but he's not anti anyone imo. He constantly praises Tedesco and has said on numerous occasions how he's close to his family in some way. He also drives me crazy when he calls players by their first names or when he calls a catch of the ball a mark. As if they dud of a game needs any promo at all!
His rants with Gus are pathetic. Well past time he's dropped to reserve grade.

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4343
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Unread post by Tigermama » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 10:41 pm

TIGER wrote:He called willy mason tom symonds at one stage. I remember turning to my wife and saying 'symonds has red hair, how the hell can you get him confused with mason?'
Lol, I guess he needs to go pay a visit to Spec-Savers. :mrgreen:

Goose
Member
Member
Posts: 4633
Joined: Tue 21 Sep, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Concord

Unread post by Goose » Sun 21 Jun, 2015 10:12 pm

worse than normal.

I have been getting progressively more annoyed with him.

I think he has always been overated, now I think he is very poor.

He is worse on the deadset legends.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18798
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 21 Jun, 2015 10:17 pm

Goose wrote:worse than normal.

I have been getting progressively more annoyed with him.

I think he has always been overated, now I think he is very poor.

He is worse on the deadset legends.
I use to listen to that show yrs ago, and he always came across like an arrogant jerk, even when he was still good to listen to on TV. Can only imagine what he'd be like now.

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 4802
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by underdog » Sun 21 Jun, 2015 10:32 pm

Every 2nd player he gets wrong - and you can clearly tell the players he doesn't give a stuff about - he gets them wrong the most.

Tom Symonds was about 4 different blokes on Friday night.
Image

User avatar
VanillaThunder
Member
Member
Posts: 952
Joined: Mon 18 Jul, 2011 12:57 am
Location: Perth, WA
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by VanillaThunder » Mon 22 Jun, 2015 12:31 am

underdog wrote:Every 2nd player he gets wrong - and you can clearly tell the players he doesn't give a stuff about - he gets them wrong the most.

Tom Symonds was about 4 different blokes on Friday night.
I agree, lucky we've got See-you-mah-noo-fah-nye on our side, with Marty's cornrows, Kev's flat top, Woods and Santi's mop and Sue getting called Jesse to save his blushes. Couldn't pick Sironen, Lovett, Halatau or Nofo out of a line up though

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

LCA
Member
Member
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sun 06 Mar, 2011 5:58 pm
Location: Liverpool
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by LCA » Mon 22 Jun, 2015 6:23 am

hobbo2803 wrote:He's a dead set jibberer , he should collect his winnings and his super and retire !!!
Out of fairness I can't comment. I have refused to listen to the old fool for about 4 years now.

To me, HE (and Hadley et al) is typical of the mess that NRL finds itself in.

I turn the TV to mute when on Ch 9 games and listen to ABC Grandstand or even Triple M. If I can't do that, I turn it off.

I look forward to the day when he announces his retirement .... and then let all the tributes and testimonial crap get out of the way....before trying Ch 9 commentary again.

Or, even better, a new free-to-air provider. Now, that would be a step forward!!

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 6972
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 93 times

Unread post by hobbo » Mon 22 Jun, 2015 7:05 am

LCA wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:He's a dead set jibberer , he should collect his winnings and his super and retire !!!
Out of fairness I can't comment. I have refused to listen to the old fool for about 4 years now.

To me, HE (and Hadley et al) is typical of the mess that NRL finds itself in.

I turn the TV to mute when on Ch 9 games and listen to ABC Grandstand or even Triple M. If I can't do that, I turn it off.

I look forward to the day when he announces his retirement .... and then let all the tributes and testimonial crap get out of the way....before trying Ch 9 commentary again.

Or, even better, a new free-to-air provider. Now, that would be a step forward!!
Neil Crompton & Mark Skaife would do a Better job calling than the 9 muppets :lol:
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

Post Reply

Return to “Round 15: Wests Tigers vs Manly Sea Eagles”