We took Manly lightly: Tedesco

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Re: We took Manly lightly: Tedesco

Unread post by stryker » Sun 21 Jun, 2015 11:30 am

Yeah hipsters are the scum of the earth.

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 73 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 21 Jun, 2015 11:36 am

innsaneink wrote:So now when someone says.something....it means whatever the.reader.wants it to.mean.....Instead of meaning what the person just said.
I missed the.memo
I blame hiipsters
I thought the memo said it was hip to be square ??

Or was that just Huey Lewis ??

Clifferd

Unread post by Clifferd » Sun 21 Jun, 2015 1:55 pm

This pisses me off. Why take any side not to mention Manly, a proven battle hardened finals team lightly.

We are in no place to take teams "lightly" after proving jack s***.

king sirro
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sun 21 Jun, 2015 2:20 pm

This is unbelievable. How some of u are down right saying what Teddy says he actually didn't mean or some sort of pathetic justice like that is outragous. Woods alluded to the same thing post match and Taylor alluded to the same thing as well. So there's 3 significant people suggesting the preparation wasn't right, are they all wrong and it was in fact that Manly were just better??? Yeh ok, Manly were better, better in their MENTAL PREPERATION. Wake up Russell and the rest of u, your all dreaming defending this. It's the very reason we have sucked for years. Dead set live in fantasy land some of u. Not just our players need to harden up
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

krayola
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by krayola » Sun 21 Jun, 2015 3:08 pm

I think if you watch the interview Taylor is implying that the team were in better spirits, joking around and laugh in a bit more than in previous weeks. He says that the coaches interpreted this as confidence rather than a lack of focus but were quickly proved wrong once they saw how he team played.Thats how I interpreted ALL of his comments in context, not one quote chosen to be used to fit a news story.

So as a coach I don't think he cops the blame here. Players and fans wanted a looser structure. They got it. This is what may happen as a result apparently. Suck it up.

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sun 21 Jun, 2015 3:19 pm

Russell wrote:Hold on to the phone.
Who said we took Manly lightly? I thought it was Teddy, maybe he did.

Is he speaking for the other 16 players. Did they take Manly lightly or just Teddy.
Did anyone take them lightly - maybe he was looking for a reason they got beat and has hit on the idea that MAYBE they took them lightly - he is 22 what does he know about making excuses.
Did JT use that as an excuse, did he use his friends passing as an excuse or Mayers resignation as an excuse. NO!!!!!!

Your all getting your knickers in a not over nothing. There are no excuses.

We got beaten by a better team on the night.
Hopefully we'll get it together better next week.
Russell, there were lots of things the team did wrong on Friday that they can improve on. It is no use just hoping if you don't accept your mistakes and try to improve them. You go backwards if you snooze away and don't put the work in to improve areas which you are capable of improving..

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 21 Jun, 2015 6:22 pm

Seems to be the year to teach the players lessons.

I prefer a coach who goes on the front foot and heads things off, dont like this watch them train poorly then call them out in public and tell them how far off the mark they are business.

As for Tedesco's comments well its not much different to Sirro's weekly immature comments, dont know why the club are offering up these guys to the media.

Return to “Round 15: Wests Tigers vs Manly Sea Eagles”