We took Manly lightly: Tedesco

Snake

Re: We took Manly lightly: Tedesco

Post by Snake » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 4:25 pm

It seems to me that there are some huge egos around the place ....Monday morning a blown up league ladder highlighting the position of the team on all the walls ,if it were me on every wall in the building including the crapper.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:37 pm

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:Ohhhhh wow. Lightly a word that should not be used.
Hell yeah - holy crap Teddy what were you thinking?

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 6:10 pm

I completely agree with Innsanienk.

The excuses are laughable.

Seems had our fans are not fussed either. Oh why bother whinging. Oh Taylor's mate died so ill give them a pass mark. Robbie was away. Boo Hoo.

No wonder the club is going no where. Players going through the motions and fans accepting mediocrity.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 6:16 pm

Eddie wrote:I completely agree with Innsanienk.

The excuses are laughable.

Seems had our fans are not fussed either. Oh why bother whinging. Oh Taylor's mate died so ill give them a pass mark. Robbie was away. Boo Hoo.

No wonder the club is going no where. Players going through the motions and fans accepting mediocrity.
you're twisting the words.. no one said what happened is acceptable- i certainly am not.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 7:28 pm

Mate it's ok if you're upset. I am choosing not to be. I don't want my headstone to read Father, Husband, Wests Tigers fan as my legacy.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 7:33 pm

Hold on to the phone.
Who said we took Manly lightly? I thought it was Teddy, maybe he did.

Is he speaking for the other 16 players. Did they take Manly lightly or just Teddy.
Did anyone take them lightly - maybe he was looking for a reason they got beat and has hit on the idea that MAYBE they took them lightly - he is 22 what does he know about making excuses.
Did JT use that as an excuse, did he use his friends passing as an excuse or Mayers resignation as an excuse. NO!!!!!!

Your all getting your knickers in a not over nothing. There are no excuses.

We got beaten by a better team on the night.
Hopefully we'll get it together better next week.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 8:17 pm

[quote="foreveratiger"]To me this tells me that they have a young mentality and are a long way from being professionals.

This is all part of the learning process. They are mostly kids and are learning the hard way. Unfortunately, there is no our way to learn. Buying players is not the answer.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 9:32 pm

Russell wrote:Hold on to the phone.
Who said we took Manly lightly? I thought it was Teddy, maybe he did.

Is he speaking for the other 16 players. Did they take Manly lightly or just Teddy.
Did anyone take them lightly - maybe he was looking for a reason they got beat and has hit on the idea that MAYBE they took them lightly - he is 22 what does he know about making excuses.
Did JT use that as an excuse, did he use his friends passing as an excuse or Mayers resignation as an excuse. NO!!!!!!

Your all getting your knickers in a not over nothing. There are no excuses.

We got beaten by a better team on the night.
Hopefully we'll get it together better next week.
Yep...only 22...another one.
keep Em coming.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 10:17 pm

I don't think they took Manly lightly. I think they just weren't good enough. Tedesco probably said words he didn't mean. You hear the same crap all the time. Did he say the manly forwards laid a platform? Or we need to put our best foot forward? Or maybe go back to training and work hard for next week? He just screwed up. His mouth got in the way of what he should have said. This team is years off where Manly is at, and Manly are last.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 20 Jun, 2015 11:39 pm

I thought it was an interesting interview Woods gave post game when he downplayed the comeback saying it was far too late and that the damage was done before half time. He said he hadn't trained all week with the side and sort of indicated he was not happy with their prep...even distancing himself from it.

To say you took a side packed with experienced, international standard talent lightly is remarkable. I can't believe it. It is a very, very bad sign. They have no right to be so arrogant. I'm super disillusioned with that.

Chevy

Post by Chevy » Sun 21 Jun, 2015 12:09 am

Probably not the best choice of words,Souths may have thought the same thing last week yet the better team WT won on that night as did the SE last night.

MAFIA

Post by MAFIA » Sun 21 Jun, 2015 5:20 am

Love all the super coaches in here sure we lost manly played better there defence and attack were better than ours the boys were never going to lift higher than they did last week against the bunnies, it's true the NYC mentality in our side is huge bottom line is we gotta learn how to tackle

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 21 Jun, 2015 7:28 am

Makes me think that maybe our whole club and team are a "very unprofessional outfit"and things must change if it's to get better.....but who and what do we change,we have a new coach,board,football operations manager and now looking for a new CEO..

Maybe a new ATTITUDE adjustment could do the trick...in other words they all need to pull their heads in and wake up to themselves...we don't need our star players telling us that they took a very talented team " lightly" or the coach telling us training was slack through the week... :crazy
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 21 Jun, 2015 8:32 am

wd in perth wrote:I don't think they took Manly lightly. I think they just weren't good enough. Tedesco probably said words he didn't mean. You hear the same crap all the time. Did he say the manly forwards laid a platform? Or we need to put our best foot forward? Or maybe go back to training and work hard for next week? He just screwed up. His mouth got in the way of what he should have said. This team is years off where Manly is at, and Manly are last.
Some sanity at last. Talk about an over reaction. That was a pretty good game of footy that we lost due to a bad passage of play. Getting beaten by Many at Brookvale is hardly unacceptable and the nature of this competition is that on any given day any team if they play well enough can beat another regardless of where they sit on the ladder. Last year I was embarrassed by many of our teams performances, Friday night was disappointing to lose but like most games this year we were in it. I dont know who Teddy was referring to, but there is never any evidence in his play to suggest that he ever takes the opposition lightly. Simply a generic response to a loss, that has made been made into mountain out of a molehill.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 21 Jun, 2015 10:17 am

stryker wrote:To say you took a side packed with experienced, international standard talent lightly is remarkable. I can't believe it. It is a very, very bad sign. They have no right to be so arrogant. I'm super disillusioned with that.
I think it was just BS spin. Surely they didn't think they would go to Brookvale against a team with that talent and win easily.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 21 Jun, 2015 10:53 am

Do you know what spin is?
something you say to try and convince ppl to believe you.
why say it if it's not true?
Beginning of the game certainly showed it to be true

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 21 Jun, 2015 10:58 am

innsaneink wrote:Do you know what spin is?
something you say to try and convince ppl to believe you.
why say it if it's not true?
Beginning of the game certainly showed it to be true
Warney knows what spins is Ink

He masters it all the time , greatest spinner of all time

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 21 Jun, 2015 11:01 am

So now when someone says.something....it means whatever the.reader.wants it to.mean.....Instead of meaning what the person just said.
I missed the.memo
I blame hiipsters