Marion Seve to replace Nofo?

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 78 times

Re: Marion Seve to replace Nofo

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Mon 22 Jun, 2015 11:41 am

I know this isnt a solution for Nofo, but I'd be blooding Seve on the Wing for a good 3-4 months before moving him to Centre.

This would allow him to get up to speed with the pace and intensity of the NRL compared to NYC/State Cup. He simply wouldnt be physical enough to handle defending at Centre at this stage.

If we are done for 2015, is it time to make the call on Richards?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Mon 22 Jun, 2015 11:44 am

Tiger Watto wrote:I know this isnt a solution for Nofo, but I'd be blooding Seve on the Wing for a good 3-4 months before moving him to Centre.

This would allow him to get up to speed with the pace and intensity of the NRL compared to NYC/State Cup. He simply wouldnt be physical enough to handle defending at Centre at this stage.

The call as in dropping him to NSW Cup or deciding whether to re-sign him?
Assuming it's the former, I don't think we should. He deserves to go out as a first grader.

fergiefurr
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by fergiefurr » Mon 22 Jun, 2015 11:45 am

Naquima is fine to play Sunday. Seve wasn't at first grade training this morning so I'd assume he is long odds to play for nofo.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

everett

Unread post by everett » Mon 22 Jun, 2015 12:08 pm

fergiefurr who trained in the absence of Nofo?
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

fergiefurr
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by fergiefurr » Mon 22 Jun, 2015 12:18 pm

Hoeter

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Mon 22 Jun, 2015 12:25 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:I know this isnt a solution for Nofo, but I'd be blooding Seve on the Wing for a good 3-4 months before moving him to Centre.

Would be terrible. He's only played wing once, a few weeks ago in nsw cup after moltzen got injured. He was constantly out of position and got out jumped by Nene MacDonald a few times for bombs. He's the best centre at the club outside of thelast weeks first grade squad. He put a number of big hits on props last week in NYC.

At the very least he'll be playing NSW Cup this week as hoeter will likely play centre or wing in NRL. But even at this early stage in his career Seve is a better option than hoeter or milone in the centres. Hoeter is a very good winger and should replace Kevvy if he's out too

greatodensraven
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Mon 22 Jun, 2015 1:17 pm

any chance of Hoeter moving to the wing & Kev in the centres?

littletiger

Unread post by littletiger » Mon 22 Jun, 2015 1:28 pm

Doubt it with Kev's injuries.. Man I'd be reluctant to put hoeter there after his stinker against titans. I'd probably leave lovette there to sure up the defense.

supercoach
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Mon 22 Jun, 2015 1:39 pm

Taylor will take the conservative approach and go with Hoeter, so Penrith will be going wide and often

Tygr

Unread post by Tygr » Mon 22 Jun, 2015 3:02 pm

maybe lawrance back into the centres and Halatau to 2nd row. Dont want to see Hoeter there our defence is bad enough without having 2 small bodies next to each other.

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Mon 22 Jun, 2015 3:26 pm

Put Lovett at centre... Easy

tsjonathan
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by tsjonathan » Mon 22 Jun, 2015 3:37 pm

I got excited when I read the title, only to be let down.

king sirro
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by king sirro » Mon 22 Jun, 2015 4:52 pm

I thought he would come Into first grade on the wing too until I saw him in State Cup. Started the game in the centre's but moved to the wing mid game due to injury and was in all sorts of bother trying to catch the high ball.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Mon 22 Jun, 2015 5:30 pm

tsjonathan wrote:I got excited when I read the title, only to be let down.
Indeed, the title should have a ? at the end...

shakey4d
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by shakey4d » Mon 22 Jun, 2015 6:16 pm

king sirro wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
willow wrote:
king sirro wrote:If he goes well again tomorrow I think we have to roll the Dice and play him.

If good judges rated him better then Watene-Zelesniak and Sione Matu-utia then that's enough for me. Give the kid a crack
Yeah I'd agree with this Sirro. Need to cast an eye to our future talent and Seve is the next cap of the ranks IMO.
Anyone surprised that JT hasn't given Fine another run ??

Sorry forgot to add that Milone and Hoeter can't be judged off their limited appearances as well
Fine spent a few weeks injured but that being said it does appear he has no chance of a call up under Taylor. He was worth another look in FG IMO but it looks unlikely

When not injured, he has been playing back row not centre. His best shot at a call up isn't going to be in the centres.

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 22 Jun, 2015 7:04 pm

Fine had a great game as an impact forward from the interchange. He was very effective in running the ball maybe he has a niche role to play in the NRL team as an impact forward.

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Mon 22 Jun, 2015 7:08 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:Fine had a great game as an impact forward from the interchange. He was very effective in running the ball maybe he has a niche role to play in the NRL team as an impact forward.
80kg Impact forward ???

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Mon 22 Jun, 2015 7:16 pm

king sirro wrote:

I thought he would come Into first grade on the wing too until I saw him in State Cup. Started the game in the centre's but moved to the wing mid game due to injury and was in all sorts of bother trying to catch the high ball.
BB mentioned the same earlier... Having not seen his efforts on the wing, I'll take it from you two this is not a good option.

I have seen him play plenty of Centre and want to see him moved back to the Left. His ability to get around his man is more effective on the left... Steve Renouf like!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers”