Lovett, Hoeter amd Moses

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 59 times

Re: Lovett, Hoeter amd Moses

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 7:31 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:I don't mind Lovett, he's a good worker. Unfair to judge him on yesterdays game.
I'm a big fan of Lovett. You know when he is in the forwards, his particular area of the field will be solid.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 10:05 am

VanillaThunder wrote:Koroisau has been showing Robbie how to play dummy half all day.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
is it possible that Koriosau doesn't have a shoulder that is in two pieces???
I wonder how many of the rest of our team would have even considered playing with the injury that he is carrying,
Koriosau is not and never will be in the same class as Farah.
My opinion is that he should never have played, but he's carried this club( along with a small few others) for a long while) and it's nowhere near the first time that he has played busted for this club.
Our seasons stuffed and he should have given himself more time to get right for SOO.
I can't believe we have supporters comparing him to a super lightweight like Koriosau.

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 10:14 am

Stripes96 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:
diedpretty wrote:Anyone who thinks these three are or ever will be first graders is living in a dream world - I seriously hope JT has the balls to get rid of these three and give Martin, Seve and Liolave a go. And before I get howled down with the " they are not up to FG " I would just like to say nor are three pretenders who are there at the moment.

the same Moses who got SG Ball player of the year? The kid who led Balmain to the winning the SG Ball comp?

The same kid who set up all those tries in under 20s origin and played alongside Mamo, Gutherson, Matu'utai?
Too many people are living in the past when it comes to Brooks and Moses. How long does it take to stop using what this pair did in a glorified touch football competition ( NYC) as a benchmark. The difference between the NSWCup and First Grade is big enough, but to say that they'll be a star on what happens in the NYC is laughable.
Now we are using the SGBall, as a reference as well.

This is First Grade,
I think the point is that people say "under 20s success means nothing", which is pretty accurate when it comes to first grade, but then in the same breath say "drop Moses and replace him with Martin because he's killing it in the under 20s"

Besides, we know Moses and Brooks have it in them. We've seen them tear up in first grade. I for one am not using NYC as the benchmark, I'm using Brooks' debut against St George and this year's game against Souths, as well as Moses' game last year against the Dogs and Souths again this year. It's not like they've come up into first grade and shown nothing. The talent, quality and potential is definitely there, it's just consistency they're looking for. It's also worth noting that the games our young halves shine in are the games where our forward pack have aimed up - something that hasn't happened much recently bar the Souths game.

Moses and Brooks aren't the problem.

No , whoever keeps picking Both of them together in First Grade is.
I wonder who that could be ??

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 10:23 am

Tigermama wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
willow wrote:Farah was poor today, as was Richards and Lovett. Moses and Brooks struggled but our forward pack never went forward which was the problem.
Farah shouldn't have played, but if he hadn't then we'd be screaming that he was saving himself. I was actually wondering what happened to the coaches announcement ( after criticising past Coaches) that we wouldn't be seeing injured players on the field unless they had completely recovered, that went well, didn't it??
Our forward pack was mostly pathetic, and I agree that it's unfair to just blame the kids, but the fact that one of them is mostly playing beneath what is expected from a first grader on most occasions.
Someone mentioned that Moses should come off the bench for a while, and though it would mean dropping one of the forwards, it may not be a bad way to go.

Maybe if he came on later in the game he may be able to make a difference to our attack, without being used as a target over the full game, at least it may be a good way to let him get some confidence back , and give him some time to develop his body a bit more before having to play full games next season,
It's what most clubs would be more likely to do rather than have two rookie halves together
Cause it ain't working now!!
I like your idea GCT. We need to try something different. Need a change. It would be beneficial for Mosses and the team as a whole.
Mama, it was actually some else's idea on an earlier post, but I think that it could could be a temporary answer at least. I'm not happy to leave a forward out, but hardly any of them are consistently playing well anyway, so we've got nothing to lose, and it could give Moses a chance to come on fresh against a relatively tired defence and create some damage.

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 11:37 am

Tigermama wrote:
Sabre wrote:Moses will be very good.
Lovett will be solid.
Hoeter will be lucky to make a park footy team.
Ahhh Sabre, didn't realise you're in to fortune telling. Been reading those Turkish coffee cups again i see :lol:
It was actually written on a Fortune Cookie I had once.

VanillaThunder
Has liked: 21 times

Unread post by VanillaThunder » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 1:14 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
VanillaThunder wrote:Koroisau has been showing Robbie how to play dummy half all day.

I wonder how many of the rest of our team would have even considered playing with the injury that he is carrying,
My opinion is that he should never have played, but he's carried this club( along with a small few others) for a long while) and it's nowhere near the first time that he has played busted for this club.
Our seasons stuffed and he should have given himself more time to get right for SOO.
I can't believe we have supporters comparing him to a super lightweight like Koriosau.
Koroisau was actually playing hooker this game, he got out, engaged defenders and played smart with his dummies and pass selection. Robbie passed the ball to first receiver.
I agree with you, he's done a hell of a lot for the club, but he should not have been on the field in that state, it strikes me as some sort of vainglorious attempt to prove he'll be fine for Origin.
Past achievements count for nothing for the 80 minutes on the field, and Koroisau outpointed Farah all day.

yeti
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by yeti » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 2:48 pm

I'm afraid Richards has 'had his day'. He should not be re-signed for next year.
Lovett is only 'just' nrl standard at the moment and I can't see him improving too much.
Santi - same as Lovett.
Hoeter should be looking for another career. He shows nothing apart from a lack of speed and average defensive reads. He's going nowhere.
Moses - well, under the right coaching could/should develop into a very good 5/8. Not sure he's getting the right coaching at the moment.

Telltails
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by Telltails » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 3:35 pm

dazza65 wrote:There's a lot of hysteria here and I don't blame you...... Yesterday was one of the few times I got the chance to head out to a game with the family (few hundred dollars thank you very much - feel sorry for the members lol) and I was pissed. Mighty pissed by the overall performance. However......
Anyone who knows anything about football can't expect Moses and Brooks, at their age and stage, to win games when we have no go forward. In games where we win the ruck they show their potential, what they could be.
We had no grunt from the pigs, no zing from dummy half and the injury to Simona left us with a pedestrian left edge defence that enabled Penrith to have a field day. Lovett and Patty together??? Money for jam for whare and Simmons etc

Disappointing and worrisome. But their are reasons...... Answers? Mmmm
Same old problem as last year - no depth when we have key injuries, and backrowers put into the centre who can not match the pace of the opposition. As soon as Simona went off we were in trouble and the forwards were not going forward anyway.

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 5:19 pm

VanillaThunder wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

Koroisau was actually playing hooker this game, he got out, engaged defenders and played smart with his dummies and pass selection. Robbie passed the ball to first receiver.
I agree with you, he's done a hell of a lot for the club, but he should not have been on the field in that state, it strikes me as some sort of vainglorious attempt to prove he'll be fine for Origin.
Past achievements count for nothing for the 80 minutes on the field, and Koroisau outpointed Farah all day.
no doubt that he out pointed Farah, on the day., and ive already agreed, that I don't think he should have played. But he didn't have to prove anything for Origin three.
Daly had already made it clear after the last game that if he was right by the time they started training , he'd be in.
The only thing that he was looking at was to play for the club even though it meant risking an injury ( or making his shoulder worse) . I don't know how anyone could think it had anything at all to do with Origin , as he would have been an automatic inclusion, even if he didn't play at all on Sunday.
Maybe it had something to do with being Captain of the club, that he was prepared to put that at risk
Pity , as some of these blokes aren't worth taking risks for.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Wed 01 Jul, 2015 1:20 am

Vanilla, Robbie's love for his club was the reason he played on Sunday. Hates to lose, and it cuts deep when they do. Robbie's not one to sit back and watch his young inexperienced team go to it on their own. He knows they need his experience. It's not the first time he played injured and won't be the last. The pain on those sort of injuries is excruciating, but not once did he put his hand up to quit. That's the sign of a great leader and player.

VanillaThunder
Has liked: 21 times

Unread post by VanillaThunder » Wed 01 Jul, 2015 3:49 am

I'm not knocking his courage one bit, I think that goes without saying that he puts his body and livelihood on the line every single time he steps out in our colours, he just needs to realise that he's getting older and while there may be a degree of physical inspiration, his playing injured costs us attacking spark in an area we don't have much to back it up with.
As our omnipotent leader, he needs to know what's best for the team and be prepared to step aside while he recovers. He needs to be able to show the leadership required to take emotion out of the decision.

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers”