Lovett, Hoeter amd Moses

hybrid_tiger

Re: Lovett, Hoeter amd Moses

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 12:22 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
diedpretty wrote:Anyone who thinks these three are or ever will be first graders is living in a dream world - I seriously hope JT has the balls to get rid of these three and give Martin, Seve and Liolave a go. And before I get howled down with the " they are not up to FG " I would just like to say nor are three pretenders who are there at the moment.

the same Moses who got SG Ball player of the year? The kid who led Balmain to the winning the SG Ball comp?

The same kid who set up all those tries in under 20s origin and played alongside Mamo, Gutherson, Matu'utai?
Dominating SG ball and 20s means zero in first grade. When will people understand this?

Look, jury is out on Moses, he may make it, he may not. But there is no guarantee he will be as good as promised just because he dominated junior comps.

tsjonathan
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by tsjonathan » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 1:25 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:
diedpretty wrote:Anyone who thinks these three are or ever will be first graders is living in a dream world - I seriously hope JT has the balls to get rid of these three and give Martin, Seve and Liolave a go. And before I get howled down with the " they are not up to FG " I would just like to say nor are three pretenders who are there at the moment.

the same Moses who got SG Ball player of the year? The kid who led Balmain to the winning the SG Ball comp?

The same kid who set up all those tries in under 20s origin and played alongside Mamo, Gutherson, Matu'utai?
Dominating SG ball and 20s means zero in first grade. When will people understand this?

Look, jury is out on Moses, he may make it, he may not. But there is no guarantee he will be as good as promised just because he dominated junior comps.

True, but no guarantees he won't be either right?

dazza65
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by dazza65 » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 2:11 pm

There's a lot of hysteria here and I don't blame you...... Yesterday was one of the few times I got the chance to head out to a game with the family (few hundred dollars thank you very much - feel sorry for the members lol) and I was pissed. Mighty pissed by the overall performance. However......
Anyone who knows anything about football can't expect Moses and Brooks, at their age and stage, to win games when we have no go forward. In games where we win the ruck they show their potential, what they could be.
We had no grunt from the pigs, no zing from dummy half and the injury to Simona left us with a pedestrian left edge defence that enabled Penrith to have a field day. Lovett and Patty together??? Money for jam for whare and Simmons etc

Disappointing and worrisome. But their are reasons...... Answers? Mmmm

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 2:35 pm

dazza65 wrote:There's a lot of hysteria here and I don't blame you...... Yesterday was one of the few times I got the chance to head out to a game with the family (few hundred dollars thank you very much - feel sorry for the members lol) and I was pissed. Mighty pissed by the overall performance. However......
Anyone who knows anything about football can't expect Moses and Brooks, at their age and stage, to win games when we have no go forward. In games where we win the ruck they show their potential, what they could be.
We had no grunt from the pigs, no zing from dummy half and the injury to Simona left us with a pedestrian left edge defence that enabled Penrith to have a field day. Lovett and Patty together??? Money for jam for whare and Simmons etc

Disappointing and worrisome. But their are reasons...... Answers? Mmmm

There are answers to.... JT needs to man up and admit to them...

hybrid_tiger

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 9:45 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:

True, but no guarantees he won't be either right?

Agreed. However I am sick and tired of people telling me that these players "will come good". There is no guarantee of that. None at all. It's absolute nonsense.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 188 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 10:00 pm

I don't mind Lovett, he's a good worker. Unfair to judge him on yesterdays game.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 10:09 pm

willow wrote:Farah was poor today, as was Richards and Lovett. Moses and Brooks struggled but our forward pack never went forward which was the problem.
Farah shouldn't have played, but if he hadn't then we'd be screaming that he was saving himself. I was actually wondering what happened to the coaches announcement ( after criticising past Coaches) that we wouldn't be seeing injured players on the field unless they had completely recovered, that went well, didn't it??
Our forward pack was mostly pathetic, and I agree that it's unfair to just blame the kids, but the fact that one of them is mostly playing beneath what is expected from a first grader on most occasions.
Someone mentioned that Moses should come off the bench for a while, and though it would mean dropping one of the forwards, it may not be a bad way to go.

Maybe if he came on later in the game he may be able to make a difference to our attack, without being used as a target over the full game, at least it may be a good way to let him get some confidence back , and give him some time to develop his body a bit more before having to play full games next season,
It's what most clubs would be more likely to do rather than have two rookie halves together
Cause it ain't working now!!
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Mon 29 Jun, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 10:33 pm

tsjonathan wrote:

Too many people are living in the past when it comes to Brooks and Moses. How long does it take to stop using what this pair did in a glorified touch football competition ( NYC) as a benchmark. The difference between the NSWCup and First Grade is big enough, but to say that they'll be a star on what happens in the NYC is laughable.
Now we are using the SGBall, as a reference as well.

This is First Grade,

They now are in a professional sport, where they're judged on first grade standards, and are compared to other first Graders. . No one knows whether these two will eventually be First Graders at all but at the moment , they definetly aren't.
I hope for the sake of the team that they do improve.
But we need at least one experienced player who can fill in for one of them until they are both ready. Because we can't afford to have them both in the same team at this stage. No matter how much wishful thinking is going on.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 227 times
Been liked: 347 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 10:36 pm

I'll give them 50 games....seems like a nice even number to judge,,
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Unread post by Stripes96 » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 10:48 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:

Too many people are living in the past when it comes to Brooks and Moses. How long does it take to stop using what this pair did in a glorified touch football competition ( NYC) as a benchmark. The difference between the NSWCup and First Grade is big enough, but to say that they'll be a star on what happens in the NYC is laughable.

This is First Grade,
I think the point is that people say "under 20s success means nothing", which is pretty accurate when it comes to first grade, but then in the same breath say "drop Moses and replace him with Martin because he's killing it in the under 20s"

Besides, we know Moses and Brooks have it in them. We've seen them tear up in first grade. I for one am not using NYC as the benchmark, I'm using Brooks' debut against St George and this year's game against Souths, as well as Moses' game last year against the Dogs and Souths again this year. It's not like they've come up into first grade and shown nothing. The talent, quality and potential is definitely there, it's just consistency they're looking for. It's also worth noting that the games our young halves shine in are the games where our forward pack have aimed up - something that hasn't happened much recently bar the Souths game.

Moses and Brooks aren't the problem.

DonnyBrasco

Unread post by DonnyBrasco » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 10:54 pm

Madness, Robbie was playing with a bung shoulder and busted hand and you say he was hopeless.
Some of the comments on this forum have become as insane as a Fox News segment.

Tigers for 2022!

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 10:59 pm

Stripes96 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:

This is First Grade,
I think the point is that people say "under 20s success means nothing", which is pretty accurate when it comes to first grade, but then in the same breath say "drop Moses and replace him with Martin because he's killing it in the under 20s"

Besides, we know Moses and Brooks have it in them. We've seen them tear up in first grade. I for one am not using NYC as the benchmark, I'm using Brooks' debut against St George and this year's game against Souths, as well as Moses' game last year against the Dogs and Souths again this year. It's not like they've come up into first grade and shown nothing. The talent, quality and potential is definitely there, it's just consistency they're looking for. It's also worth noting that the games our young halves shine in are the games where our forward pack have aimed up - something that hasn't happened much recently bar the Souths game.

Moses and Brooks aren't the problem.

I'm not saying replace him with Martin, as we would still have the problem of two inexperienced halves, At this stage Drinkwater is the only half , 5/8that has a bit of experience and he would be worth trying, but it won't happen because of the other big problem that we have,
NO consequences for substandard play in our team .
Or substandard Coaching.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 12:35 am

king sirro wrote:Love how the kids get attacked after a game like this but Pat Richards dogs it twice attacking the try line and let's 2 tries in by misreading in defence. Woods and Taupau let a fullback run straight past them like they are scared. Farah plays rocks and diamonds all day. Naqaima has done nothing since re-signing. The coach is showing he has no idea. But Yeh, it's he kids that suck
KS I disagree about Kevin. He tries hard and puts in effort in every game. Scores a few too.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 12:44 am

Sabre wrote:Moses will be very good.
Lovett will be solid.
Hoeter will be lucky to make a park footy team.
Ahhh Sabre, didn't realise you're in to fortune telling. Been reading those Turkish coffee cups again i see :lol:

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 12:53 am

Love the WestsTigers wrote:I miss Benji

Now that he's playing good footy. Mary's done wonders for Benji and the Dragons.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 1:07 am

MacDougall wrote:I actually thought Moses was our best behind Tedesco. He was having a massive go and nearly pulled off a few huge plays.

How good is Teddy though. Holy crap what would we do without him.
Teddy's a Bright star. Gives us hope for the future! :P

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 1:25 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
willow wrote:Farah was poor today, as was Richards and Lovett. Moses and Brooks struggled but our forward pack never went forward which was the problem.
Farah shouldn't have played, but if he hadn't then we'd be screaming that he was saving himself. I was actually wondering what happened to the coaches announcement ( after criticising past Coaches) that we wouldn't be seeing injured players on the field unless they had completely recovered, that went well, didn't it??
Our forward pack was mostly pathetic, and I agree that it's unfair to just blame the kids, but the fact that one of them is mostly playing beneath what is expected from a first grader on most occasions.
Someone mentioned that Moses should come off the bench for a while, and though it would mean dropping one of the forwards, it may not be a bad way to go.

Maybe if he came on later in the game he may be able to make a difference to our attack, without being used as a target over the full game, at least it may be a good way to let him get some confidence back , and give him some time to develop his body a bit more before having to play full games next season,
It's what most clubs would be more likely to do rather than have two rookie halves together
Cause it ain't working now!!
I like your idea GCT. We need to try something different. Need a change. It would be beneficial for Mosses and the team as a whole.

Mighty Tiger
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Mighty Tiger » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 7:20 am

Richards on the left has been a huge liability all year. He isn't adding any value, kick offs have gone, no defensive clue at all, attack is dead and doesn't back himself, he can't turn and spin to chase anyone for his life and is one of the slowest wingers in the comp.

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers”