photo tweeted by triple M

Tiger In The Gong

Re: photo tweeted by triple M

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 8:12 pm

Paul Gallen - Origin Captain. Australian Rep.

Commenting on Triple M said that it was ridiculous and he had never seen anything like it before. He actually laughed he thought it was so stupid and out of touch.

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by 2041 » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 8:17 pm

Black'n'White wrote:Pretty funny thread guys.

Next training will be a recovery and video session. These two had minimum minutes, so to work on their match fitness without cooling down, fitting into the weekly training schedule and making the most of the recovery day, these guys had to do extras.

Now most games you would play at parks with decent facilities, so you probably wouldnt see this happen , there would be a half decent gym or warm up areas which arent the playing surface to get this done on.

Thanks for the laughs and blind Taylor hate. Im not defending the guy, but if you want to bag him out, at least pretend to be half rational and have half an idea.
Ok, just for the sake of it: why is half our bench playing so few minutes that they need to go for a run after the game?

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 8:22 pm

I've seen entire opposition sides that have dogged it do tackling sessions after games

Not at NRL level of course , but I've heard of NRL coaches making players do video sessions after warm downs

I suppose there is a simple answer to all of this

Win football games

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 8:32 pm

Whats more we had Brad Fitler laughing and joking at how the coach would not change Lovett even though it was obvious he was getting burnt every time Whare got the ball.

When Fitler, the guy who took the Roosters to the spoon is laughing at your coaching you know its all but over.

Black'n'White
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 8:37 pm

2041 wrote:
Ok, just for the sake of it: why is half our bench playing so few minutes that they need to go for a run after the game?
I dont know... why do some coaches carry players on the bench that get no minutes?
How am I supposed to answer that? lol

The point is, it wasnt a punishment as is being said in here, and its not as if its a practice that isnt widely implemented in professional sport the world over. Starting pitchers dragged early in games the USA are often sent to the bullpen to throw a larger volume to keep match fitness, same as pitchers not even used in the game made to throw volume. The same reason top 25 players who arent injured are dropped to play reggies rather than shelved until needed.

The vast majority of other parks have indoor warm-up areas, if not small outdoor off-pitch warm up areas, as well as on site gyms. How much of that infrastructure do you think Leichhardt has? Zero. If you have ever been under the stands there you would know how cramped it is. Most other weeks that would probably have been carried out on bikes in the sheds.

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 8:47 pm

Or want because they played poorly and were being flogged, Taylor in his infinite madness decided to play them for 15 mins each, half way through the second half so these 2 needed more fitness work while they were still limber...

Of course of Taylor used his bench properly there wouldn't have been an issue...

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

NJLM78
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by NJLM78 » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 8:50 pm

I remember a few years back on a cold Friday night at Campbelltown, Tim Moltzen having to do sprints after the game. He sat on the bench till the 76th minute.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 8:52 pm

Pokies wrote:JT is the new breed of supercoach. A real innovator, you will see all the coaches doing this shortly.

A pig just flew past my window!!

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 225 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 8:55 pm

Next training will be a recovery and video session. These two had minimum minutes, so to work on their match fitness without cooling down, fitting into the weekly training schedule and making the most of the recovery day, these guys had to do extras.

Now most games you would play at parks with decent facilities, so you probably wouldnt see this happen , there would be a half decent gym or warm up areas which arent the playing surface to get this done on.

Thanks for the laughs and blind Taylor hate. Im not defending the guy, but if you want to bag him out, at least pretend to be half rational and have half an idea.
What would they do at an away game in NZ, Melbourne or Townsville...with a flight booked a few hours after the game?

hobbo
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 97 times

Unread post by hobbo » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 9:00 pm

innsaneink wrote:

What would they do at an away game in NZ, Melbourne or Townsville...with a flight booked a few hours after the game?
Taylor would make them jog against the travelator at the airport lol

EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 9:08 pm

krissy wrote:I have just seen a photo tweeted by triple M taken at Leichardt Oval.
The photo is of Brenden Santi & Matt Lodge being made to do extra training after the game.
Seriously Taylor, is this how you build morale? Perhaps this kind of thing goes a long way to help explain the situation the club finds itself in.
If this is any indication of your training methods I hope they show you the door immediately.
I am a proud Wests Tigers supporter. I may be disappointed with todays game but I am DISGUSTED with your methods.
Have we got a picture and do we know that Taylor ordered it ??

Players sometimes decide to do extras at training ,after games etc

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 397 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 9:16 pm

I think everyone needs to take a breath....

I was there it's no big deal ...seen it before...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 9:32 pm

LOL....reassuring

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 9:36 pm

Taylor should've joined them as punishment for impersonating an NRL coach.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

magpiecol
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 4:38 pm

Great post. It is easy to criticize. I doubt that these knobs could coach pigs to be dirty.

Go follow another team and take your bile with you.

magpiecol
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 4:42 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:Paul Gallen - Origin Captain. Australian Rep.

Commenting on Triple M said that it was ridiculous and he had never seen anything like it before. He actually laughed he thought it was so stupid and out of touch.
Was he on the "meds" at the time?

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 4:45 pm

magpiecol wrote:

Great post. It is easy to criticize. I doubt that these knobs could coach pigs to be dirty.

Go follow another team and take your bile with you.
Hey col congratulations.....you finally got something correct.
We arent coaches...were lawyers, students, plumbers garbos etc etc...& I know of one knob here
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23690

And its never cool to freeload on anothers post...maybe we should call you seagullcol

jirskyr
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 134 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 8:00 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:Paul Gallen - Origin Captain. Australian Rep.

Listening to Paul Gallen, nice one.

"Couldn't say that about any other c--- from Nrl"

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers”