As if our defense wan't bad enough ..

Tigerheart_returns

As if our defense wan't bad enough ..

Unread post by Tigerheart_returns » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 7:19 pm

our attack is similarly a worry. Today we scored off kicks - with a bit of luck thrown in - but honestly at times it feels like we could have 10 go's at the line and still not be able to crack it... :bash

stevied
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by stevied » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 7:28 pm

Our attack degenerated in the second half and I think this was partly due to a desperate response to our shaky and failing defense. Despite undoubted potential, Brooks is nowhere near providing the guidance and passing game required of a first grade halfback. His ineffectiveness was compounded by Moses' repeated obsession with passing at all costs. Our back line is not functioning and, besides Taupau, we don't have any forwards capable of bending the line and playing the ball quickly.....

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 7:41 pm

Taylor preaches it but we're just not good at it.

Tygr

Unread post by Tygr » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 8:00 pm

our attack is so boring. zero spark. zero creativity. to say this "structure" of JTs isn't working would be an understatement. its a failure. Our halves are being shackled, any natural creativity they have is not being used because of JTs "playing percentages" rubbish. Remember last year that combination between Brooks and Teddy? no where to be seen this year. that grubber on the inside to Teddy which worked so well... completely disappeared. What about Pats towering kick restarts? its obvious JT has told him to stop doing them. why? when a guy has a skill you'd have to be dumb not to take advantage of it. What ever positives we had last year JT has completely scraped them in order to focus on a "defensive/percentage based structure" or what ever the f*#k he calls it. Except our defence is still sh#t and now our attack is too. top job.

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 8:02 pm

Taylor go home.

Eddie
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 8:06 pm

I wonder where happytiger and southerntiger have gone??

They kept hammering it down our throats how Taylor had them improving and on the right track.

stevied
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by stevied » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 8:13 pm

Wow, so negative tonight and I'm joining in! Can someone tell me what the point is of the opposition quarter bombs put up by Moses and Brooks? And....how on Earth did we beat Souths 34-6????

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 8:13 pm

Eddie wrote:I wonder where happytiger and southerntiger have gone??

They kept hammering it down our throats how Taylor had them improving and on the right track.
There are a couple of huge misreads from some of the punters. Taylor has been a terrible coach so far. Anyone who got taken in by his spin really needs to get a BS detector installed. The second big misread is anyone rating Richards as a winger.

Twmba Tigerman

Unread post by Twmba Tigerman » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 8:22 pm

Tygr, your comments are spot on. I listened to the interview a few weeks on talkin Sport and Taylor was going on about our defence and getting it right before focusing on attack. Well guess what Defence still sucks big time. Get back to the traditional idea of letting our attacking players play to their strengths and we will see players, supporters and the NRL community watching the way the Tigers can play. Been a keen supporter for many years and this is just about as low as it can get at present. As for potential quality players thinking about a move to the Tigers..... Fat chance under current systems in place.
"Bleeding Gold Black and White" to the end.

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers”