Fans turn on Jason Taylor after shocking performance at Leichhardt Oval

TopTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Fans turn on Jason Taylor after shocking performance at Leichhardt Oval

Unread post by TopTiger » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 10:41 am

Why didn't Taylor move Naiqama to centre once Simona went off and play Lawrence on the wing, at least Whare wouldn't outpace and burn Naiqama like he did Lovett. Also given the fact that Simona has had ankle problems recently until he is completely over these issues it may pay to select an outside back on the bench such as Fine who can also play backrow if required.

I don't profess to be an NRL coach but once Lovett was burned the first time by Whare that would send alarm bells ringing and indicate a change of strategy as to whom would be marking Whare, certainly not Lovett and I don't think Lawrence could have handled his pace either!! Obviously common sense as far as Taylor is concerned may not be all that common.

The_Doc
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by The_Doc » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 1:58 pm

Taylor is seriously deluded blind freddy could see Lovett was getting burnt in the centres time after time and when you have a centre in your side that is used to the positional demands you use him, right?
Not good old Jase out of stubbornness and stupidity he'll just leave Lovett all at sea.
I dont blame Lovett not even close, we may not have won at the end of the day regardless but the coach and ill use that term loosely certainly lost it for us without a shadow of a doubt.
Apart from that his tactics and structures have been abysmal all season long, we were far better off under Potter, but Robbie didnt want him so thats that.
Taylor needs to be shown the door but we all know that wont happen, and in the long run players such as Brooks and Moses will suffer both of them look all at sea and Taylor is the reason why.

Cosimo_Zaretti
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 10:28 am

Black'n'White wrote:
willow wrote: Fans wanted Taylor to move Chris Lawrence — a noted speedster
is this guy serious, lol
Some say he's the next Laurie Daley.

Honestly I thought Taylor had made the right call the time. Lawrence was already 1 try up in the back row and looking dangerous. Lovett made his debut in the centres and it wasn't a disaster; I figured he could hold his own defensively. I was more concerned about Tapau being brought on for Simona, as he'd only just gone off and I was concerned about our rotation in the forwards.

The no try decision where Lawrence was ruled short was the turning point for me. I think if he'd got that down it might have shifted some momentum back our way; certainly would have cast Taylor's decision in a different light had Lawrence bagged a double from the back row.

Sitting comfortably at my desk on Tuesday morning, it's easy for me to say that we persisted too long with a left edge defense that clearly wasn't working. I wonder if further reshuffling would have helped at the time, or just further disorganised our line once Penrith had opened it up. It's done now anyway, all the Tigers can do now is take the lessons into training and try not to do it again.

dazza65
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by dazza65 » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 11:06 am

It's not about Lawrence's pace or lack there of.
What it is is about Lawrence's defensive abilities as a centre, his life long experience in playing one in. He would have read the Penrith attack better and quicker than Lovett and even though slower than Whare would have been much more adept at controlling the left hand edge.
Lovett tried hard but had two disadvantages - lack of speed and a lack of experience playing one in - add in the pedestrian Richards and we were gonski

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

Cosimo_Zaretti
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 11:23 am

If there's any positive it's that Taylor was faced with a dilemma and opted to keep our attack strong. Obviously he gambled and lost, which is out of character but not necessarily a bad thing.

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers”