Fans turn on Jason Taylor after shocking performance at Leichhardt Oval

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 85 times

Fans turn on Jason Taylor after shocking performance at Leichhardt Oval

Unread post by willow » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 9:38 pm

Tigers v Panthers: Fans turn on Jason Taylor after shocking performance at Leichhardt Oval

16 minutes ago June 28, 2015 9:20PM

IT was a painful return to Leichhardt Oval for the Wests Tigers on Sunday.

Captain Robbie Farah fractured his hand and faces the prospect of missing State of Origin III, while under-fire coach Jason Taylor is desperately trying to repair a fractured season.

Farah busted his hand early in the second half of his side’s 35-12 loss to Penrith and was rushed from the ground immediately afterwards and taken for X-rays.

He is now in doubt for the Origin decider on Wednesday week, with in-form Cronulla hooker Michael Ennis on standby.

After battling on gamely, a clearly pained Farah finally came from the field in the 76th minute. Scan results will be known on Monday morning.

“He has some sort of fracture in his hand, which he did early in the second half,” Taylor revealed.

“Robbie came off when he got to the point where he just couldn’t go any further. He said he was pretty much a passenger for most of the second half.

“He left straight away, he is obviously very keen to know the outcome. He didn’t have a shower.”

Farah wasn’t the only Tiger in pain.

Taylor was on the receiving end of some friendly fire from fans after a failed positional switch helped Penrith to four second-half tries.

Fans in the Latchem Robinson stand turned to Taylor in the coach’s box and hurled abuse after he switched back-rower Kyle Lovett to left centre when Tim Simona came off with an ankle injury.

Lovett missed crucial tackles which allowed Penrith to score five tries down that edge, four of them going Panthers winger David Simmons.

Fans wanted Taylor to move Chris Lawrence — a noted speedster — back to centre, and they let their feelings be known. Eventually Lawrence was shifted to his former position, but the damage was done.

“They (Penrith) were smart because Tim Simona got injured and we moved Kyle Lovett out to the centres,” Taylor said.

“I was really reluctant to move Chris Lawrence there because he has done so well since moving into the back row.

“I wanted to keep him comfortable in that position.

“I don’t want to go into the details of it but it wasn’t just about Kyle being there. There was some breakdown in our systems defensively.

“Everyone will think it was the reason but there was more to it than that. I know you guys (media) will write that was where the game was won and lost but it wasn’t.”

Penrith coach Ivan Cleary admitted his side targeted the Tigers’ left side.

“When they lost Simona, that made that edge a bit more vulnerable. I thought (Penrith centre) Dean Whare was very dangerous today,” Cleary said.

The Tigers have won just five of 15 games this year as their season slips away. Disgruntled Tigers fans started walking out on Sunday with 10 minutes remaining.

The Tigers led 12-10 at half-time before Penrith scored 25 unanswered points. The Panthers led after 30 minutes through a lovely try to powerful winger Josh Mansour.

The try though was tinged with controversy after Panthers fullback Dallin Watene-Zelezniak appeared to knock-on when fielding a kick. The ball looked to propel forward but referee Gavin Badger ruled play-on.

Mansour scored moments later, much to the frustration of a vocal Leichhardt Oval crowd, which totalled 14,234.
Farah protested to Badger about the decision as he left the field at half-time.

There was a scuffle as players left the field at the break with Badger putting Tigers halfback Luke Brooks on report for an alleged headbutt on Penrith’s Jeremy Latimore.

Badger didn’t report Brooks straight away, instead doing so as players ran out for the second half.

The crowd heckled Badger all game. The penalties were 8-4 to Penrith at one stage.

“We were down 12-10 at half-time but I thought we were playing better footy,” said Cleary.

The match started in unusual circumstances when Penrith kicked-off and Wests Tigers prop Aaron Woods was taking the first hit-up.

Play then stopped suddenly because Badger hadn’t actually blown the whistle to begin the game. Sunday’s match was Wests Tigers prop Keith Galloway’s 200th in the NRL.

Black'n'White
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 9:45 pm

willow wrote: Fans wanted Taylor to move Chris Lawrence — a noted speedster
is this guy serious, lol

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 395 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 9:50 pm

Funny headline....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Flippedy » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 9:57 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
willow wrote: Fans wanted Taylor to move Chris Lawrence — a noted speedster
is this guy serious, lol
In 2006 maybe :lol:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

whippet75

Unread post by whippet75 » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 10:05 pm

Taylor lost us that game. 2nd try through the left edge Lawrence should have been moved back. But Mr stubborn had to persist.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Mickeyboy
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Mickeyboy » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 10:13 pm

It will probably be very difficult for a new board to sack a coach that has seen an awesome powerpoint presentation.....

Blackpearl
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by Blackpearl » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 10:13 pm

disagree, below average - average squad with a woefully pathetic coach. he could not coach the proverbial to stink !
I dislike sowfs immensely

everett

Unread post by everett » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 10:13 pm

Didn't we sign this clown for 3 years.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

Chevy

Unread post by Chevy » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 11:28 pm

Our team is pretty ordinary but so is our coach,he seems clueless to problems that appear obvious to all but himself.

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Sun 28 Jun, 2015 11:39 pm

So what Taylor is saying he'd prefer to sacrifice a win just to keep Lawrence comfortable .... Nice one JT does he know we are running last!!!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

wd in perth
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 12:02 am

That was just an unbelievable train of thought. Not moving Lawrence back to centre was probably the dumbest and most arrogant coaching plan I've heard. Even given Lawrence is probably the worst centre in the game, he's still a better option than a rookie second rower playing against an NZ international.

Black'n'White
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 12:10 am

As I said earlier, he was on a hiding to nowhere whoever he put into centre. Lawrence, and if he got lit up, which was most likely, he would be burned alive for putting someone not up to it there... Lovett, and well we know how that went.

I dont know why he didnt adjust and swap Chris in there alot earlier... lost me

But there is an old saying "never weaken one position to strengthen another", maybe in a compliment to Chris' new found form he is rated better in the backrow than Lovett, and thus the one to make the shift.

Even still I cannot make sense of it, or how rigidly he stuck with it once exposed so easily and consistantly. Was quite the shambles.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 12:17 am

wd in perth wrote:That was just an unbelievable train of thought. Not moving Lawrence back to centre was probably the dumbest and most arrogant coaching plan I've heard. Even given Lawrence is probably the worst centre in the game, he's still a better option than a rookie second rower playing against an NZ international.
The mind boggles when it comes to JT's train of thought. :?

ryanda01
Has liked: 4 times

Unread post by ryanda01 » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 12:26 am

Black'n'White wrote:As I said earlier, he was on a hiding to nowhere whoever he put into centre. Lawrence, and if he got lit up, which was most likely, he would be burned alive for putting someone not up to it there... Lovett, and well we know how that went.

But there is an old saying "never weaken one position to strengthen another", maybe in a compliment to Chris' new found form he is rated better in the backrow than Lovett, and thus the one to make the shift.

Even still I cannot make sense of it, or how rigidly he stuck with it once exposed so easily and consistantly. Was quite the shambles.
BnW, probably the most sensible thing written on this forum tonight. Please take 2 panadol and go to bed.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 12:34 am

ryanda01 wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:As I said earlier, he was on a hiding to nowhere whoever he put into centre. Lawrence, and if he got lit up, which was most likely, he would be burned alive for putting someone not up to it there... Lovett, and well we know how that went.

BnW, probably the most sensible thing written on this forum tonight. Please take 2 panadol and go to bed.
Ryan, we should all heed your advise on taking pain killers and beddy byes. ;) it's been a tough few hours. Time to close our eyes and dream of better times to come, for the WT.

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 6:10 am

“I was really reluctant to move Chris Lawrence there because he has done so well since moving into the back row.

“I wanted to keep him comfortable in that position.
oh but you're happy to make Lovett uncomfortable in a position he wasn't familiar in?

ludicrous statement

Is this a younger Sheens?

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 8:08 am

His mad!!!

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Mon 29 Jun, 2015 10:26 am

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:His mad!!!
:lol: After yesterday i agree EODT.

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers”